Favourite boots

2 hours ago, Kevan said:

Over the years I had Adidas, the George Best Stylo Matchmakers and Puma, along with a few that were, shall we say "Steptoe" boots.

My favourites and by far the most comfortable were a pair of Puma Pele Rio.  The Puma stripe was in yellow, so they looked different from previous Puma boots.

What I can't understand these days is why any player wears boot with "blades" instead of studs. It always seems to me the reason why so many players slip and fall. ( e.g. the famous Gerrard incident)!

I HAD THEM, I HAD THEM...the tounge was yellow too. Flippin loved them.

When I was at school I ordered a pair of the Alan Ball white boots from the back of a footy mag. God, I couldn’t wait for them to arrive but they never fu•kin did.

Then a friend of mine got a pair ... I was so jealous, couldn’t take my eyes of them.

11 hours ago, bobness said:

My lad was mascot this season. After the match, one of the players handed him his boots, and even signed the soles. My lad was well chuffed, so this has to be my favourite pair, on sentiment alone.

Image result for clown shoes

Go on then, which player... lol

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Age 8  -  12     Adidas Santiago

12  -  14   Puma King Pele

14  -  32   Patrick  apart from one season where i tried a pair of Nike Hotspurs which just felt weird.

Were they similar to Puma Pele Rio, with padded yellow tongue?  

53 minutes ago, Lombado said:

When at school I got a pair of the Patrick Kevin Keegan Kangerroo leather boots. Best upgrade ever....

Then much later got a pair of Adidas predators, and I still have them many years later.

I used to love looking at those in GT Leisure Time in the Hillsborough Arcade back in the early 80’s, eventually owned a pair of Patrick International. 

2 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Adidas Zephyr. 

I had them. Nice boots but always felt they were a poor relation to World Cup which i couldn't afford.

Edited by Nut
Spelling