Favourite boots

1 hour ago, WadsleyOwl said:

I used to love looking at those in GT Leisure Time in the Hillsborough Arcade back in the early 80’s, eventually owned a pair of Patrick International. 

Used to go into town regularly to look at the boots downstairs in the Sugg's near the Hen and Chicks. Knew all the names, prices and which players played in which boots. Reyt saddo. 

• Like 1

To look at, THOSE Zidane / Beckham Predators.

resize.thumb.jpg.de416ff624a17a0a89879ebfc9c9d4fc.jpg

To wear, I have just bought a pair of Nike Tiempo Legends, and they are amazing.

It feels like they have actually improved my first touch and shot. I know likng modern boots isn't cool, sorry.

2084070353_Screenshot2020-03-25at13_51_23.thumb.png.4f3f8743d9e49c8c0ce27720e4794893.png

8cfbf471-0f5b-4e66-82d9-0c3cc8443494.jpg.2c673495d956e10d2865e10158b813b6.jpg

These are similar to a pair I had to wear, luckily I was also in the rugby league side at School, because we played and trained on the same day as football

I had to pick which i was going to do for the Season, picked rugby (because other kids at footy laughed at me), they used to hurt my feet as the studs were

nailed on with 3 /4 nails per stud and they had worked through to the inside, at the end of matches my feet were covered in blood.

Happy days.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Even when I had finished playing and not played for about 10 years, I still bought 2 pairs of Adidas World Cup - just in case. :biggrin:

I did what I always used to do, I took the studs out and wore them around the house to wear them in - just in case.

Brilliant!

1 minute ago, Rodger Wylde said:

When the coloured boots first started being a proper thing in the early/mid eighties, anyone wearing them in the opposing team who wasn't on a par with Maradona, or better, were just a natural target and got battered.

Bloody fancy dans.

Coloured boots and pony tails used to make my eyes light up as a big daft centre half.