Breaking news. Club statement.

17 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Arbitration decisions under EFL rules are ‘final and binding’. It is very rare that arbitration is followed by court proceedings. If the arbitration panel rules that the EFL has acted ultra vires, irrationally or with procedural unfairness they can can order a compensation award. Maybe the EFL dropped the charges to avoid that if they saw the case going against them.

Thanks. Some big words there but I get the jist.

10 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Thanks. Some big words there but I get the jist.

Ultra vires just means acting beyond your legal powers. The opposite is intra vires - acting within your legal powers. In Board Dispute arbitrations, which is what we are engaged in, it is only ultra vires, irrationality and procedural fairness charges that can be brought against the EFL by a club that has been charged with disciplinary offences

Edited by HarrowbyOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Culpability to the fact is going to be very hard to establish, the fact being the accounting error/whatever. weather or not charges against that fact itself will be upheld is still to be decided but i think it will go to court as the evidence is far stronger on this than it is trying to implicate individuals 

Edited by keepitsteel89

12 hours ago, bladeshater said:

For me I trust the chairman he's made and his still making some poor descions but nobody in my lifetime has pumped so much of his personal money in to my club trying to make this club successful and he as my full respect

it’s pointless money pumped in pointlessly. Causing 3 years of embargo’s. 

How in any way shape or form does that warrant respect. 

• Haha 2

According to that er Maguire fella, we have the best lawyers in the business...so make of that what you will. 

Who honestly knows. 

I think the main takeaway is, even if we are found innocent and not docked points, we should have never, ever got ourselves into this mess in the first place. 

Yes, FFP is a pain in the arse, but we have been fully aware of the rules for years now, so much so that we tried to circumvent them...but did so in such a seemingly botched manner that we've ended up facing a potential 21 points deduction. 

That is a failure of leadership and management, irrespective of the outcome of the independent hearing. 

• Haha 1

Can’t help but find the people who are having to try very very hard to hide there frustration that Chansiri is innocent of misconduct VERY strange 

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Can’t help but find the people who are having to try very very hard to hide there frustration that Chansiri is innocent of misconduct VERY strange 

You’re confusing being innocent with being a bit poo...

14 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Don’t twist my words, I said innocent of the charges put forward by the EFL not bothered about owt else 

50 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t twist my words, I said innocent of the charges put forward by the EFL not bothered about owt else 

You’re the one who’s seemingly confused. You’re the one stating people are frustrated Chansiri is not guilty, People are just pointing out being not guilty doesn’t mean he hasn’t still been a pretty crappy chairman. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Excuse my naivety but if the charges against the 3 individuals have been dropped how can charges still be on for the club? Does it not all come under the same thing? 

7 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Thanks Waltham, I was thinking exactly the same. As a famous poster once said " Someone on here will know".

I doubt it because as far as I can tell the EFL have given no reason why they've withdrawn the charges against Chansiri, Meire, and Redgate.

In fact, I'd highly doubt they'd even give the reasons to Wednesday anyway.

Still, I suppose it's generally harder to show the intention to breach the rules than it is to merely show they've been breached.

It's obviously a good thing because we can't be deducted as many points, but maybe the EFL dropped these individual charges in order to strengthen the likelihood of winning the case against the club? So the EFL might just be boxing clever with this move rather than signalling a retreat.

Whilst far from concluding the whole matter, it's a move in the right direction for us, I guess.

Maybe if the rest of the EFL's case is withdrawn or collapses it will encourage the EFL to address the issue of FFP and P&S?

One aspect of the case that hasn't been mentioned too boldly was the possibility that somehow the rule(s) create a restraint of trade which prevents investment into the company and maybe this is one of the keystone principles that DC is defending.

6 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Whilst far from concluding the whole matter, it's a move in the right direction for us, I guess.

Maybe if the rest of the EFL's case is withdrawn or collapses it will encourage the EFL to address the issue of FFP and P&S?

One aspect of the case that hasn't been mentioned too boldly was the possibility that somehow the rule(s) create a restraint of trade which prevents investment into the company and maybe this is one of the keystone principles that DC is defending.

I could go along with that, very plausable.

14 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

My understanding is the EFL have narrowed down on the charge they are confident of winning.

This.

Otherwise, I think they would've just cleared us of all charges relating to the mentioned individuals and the club.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, kingsidney said:

But all the faceless know all’s had him going to the gallows for his rule breaking and fraudulent transactions.

hes been exonerated on a personal footing but it still hasn’t pleased some on here 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

My understanding is the EFL have narrowed down on the charge they are confident of winning.

How can you narrow down on a charge? If you are charged with something and they then narrow down on the charge, then they have in effect charged you with something else! As I’ve said on here before thank frig you ain’t in my legal team

• Thanks 1