Breaking news. Club statement.

3 hours ago, Ian_D said:

Not sure about that bit. I think in business, if a value has been signed off by official auditors then the business cannot be held accountable for the valuation being deemed incorrect. Like many others commenting on this though, I may be wrong.

I was under the impression that the case was due to the date period that the club wanted to account the sale in rather than the valuation.

Derby would have done the same thing and had theres signed off aswell you would have thought. And that is there charge. 

I thought that the accounting bit related to Chansiri rather than the club.

7 minutes ago, trev said:

I'm no lawyer.

But I reckon this is belting news.

If they found DC innocent of deliberately trying to pull a fast one, the evidence must be there to say the EFL allowed our shenanigans. Didn't DC say we had emails stating/proving this?

As the date of the sale and the amount were the shady parts. If this is resolved as ok then our books now look rosy? Don't they?

I agree - if the EFL have absolved the then three Directors of any wrong doing, this must mean our intention/action at the time were legitimate. They were the club at the time and misleading the EFL was at the centre of the charges.

The only issue is either the ground valuation or process of delaying the annual accounts and creating a new company in the delayed period to sell the ground. As the property and accountant consultants have already signed this process off, I really cant see how the EFL can gain anymore out of this.

33 minutes ago, Animis said:

I agree - if the EFL have absolved the then three Directors of any wrong doing, this must mean our intention/action at the time were legitimate. They were the club at the time and misleading the EFL was at the centre of the charges.

The only issue is either the ground valuation or process of delaying the annual accounts and creating a new company in the delayed period to sell the ground. As the property and accountant consultants have already signed this process off, I really cant see how the EFL can gain anymore out of this.

I've no idea of the process but you could imagine the EFL bods looking at this in its entirety and thinking our case is crumbling away.

50 minutes ago, East coast owl said:

Chansiri should sue the efl for defamation of character. Tainting his family name. Must be worth a few million towards clearing his name and the others that were publicly named 

Not a very smart idea.

The EFL issued charges, not stated guilt. If Chansiri was to be successful in a case like that, it would have legal implications for every future case brought by organisations against persons charged with rule breaking or offences pending trial. That situation doesn't bear thinking about.

19 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I've no idea of the process but you could imagine the EFL bods looking at this in its entirety and thinking our case is crumbling away.

Aren’t we now in the same boat as Derby? 

At least if we take 12 points on the chin we still have a chance of survival. It will be tight. 21 was a relegation.

Im hopeful that this is a sign we actually have a decent case though and EFL will have bigger fish to fry shortly when teams without cash flow start going under 

Again, I’d like to know how the EFL still have a case ? If our accounts are been accepted and Chansiri has done nothing wrong in terms of ‘fudging’ them for want of a Better word ... how have we failed FFP ? 

If the actions of Wednesday and Derby were within the rules, no matter how vague then the EFL has no case and had to close the loophole.

Also if it was within said loophole then the likes of Gibson have no recourse to sue the EFL 

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is critical to understand 

Twitter and Facebook is going mad with fans thinking the club has totally beaten the EFL

We haven’t 

Just a thought...what is the average IQ of a SWFC supporting fan who uses Twattef and Faceache.

There’s a couple of reyt sad individuals on social media genuinely hanging onto the hope the club gets found guilty of something, it’s like they can’t stand the thought of DC been innocent 

How monumentally sad is that 

12 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

That was what the potential extra 9 points were for (my understanding).

A breach of FFP still has a maximum penalty of 12 points.

im not saying this isn’t encouraging but we are far from out of the woods.

9 points puts us in the bottom 3.

A 9 point deduction puts us fourth  bottom,unless they are altering our goal difference as an additional punishment.

12 hours ago, erickpottsfc said:

If the EFL have dropped all charges how come the Club will continue to defend all charges?

the efl appear to have dropped charges against the individuals, but NOT against the club itself.

however IF dc has had charges against him dropped, then in the position he holds within the club he would surely have passed down any 'immunity' he holds downwards from his 'original efl contact.

I wrote the other day, I thought one option was for us to accept a 'slap on the wrist', that maybe the efl's plan B.