Jordan Rhodes value plummets

Jordan Rhodes' market value has plummeted to less than £2million, according to transfer market analysts.

The figures from respected website Transfermarkt now rate the 30-year-old at just £1.8m - a huge drop from the £8million Sheffield Wednesday forked out for the striker back in 2017

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jordan Rhodes' market value has plummeted to less than £2million, according to transfer market analysts.

The figures from respected website Transfermarkt now rate the 30-year-old at just £1.8m - a huge drop from the £8million Sheffield Wednesday forked out for the striker back in 2017

Cost £10.4 million, not sure of signing on fee, but wage approx. £50k per week. So he's already had us for going on £20 million. 61 appearances and 11 goals later and we still haven't got rid. And I was one of those doing handstands when we signed him.😪

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The term has-been comes to mind.

I also think it is a sad statement that he doesn’t appear to have sought out an alternative employer in the hope of resurrecting his career. If he took a 50% pay cut he’d still probably gross £700 a year.

And people say he’s a lovely fella.

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I also think it is a sad statement that he doesn’t appear to have sought out an alternative employer in the hope of resurrecting his career. If he took a 50% pay cut he’d still probably gross £700 a year.

I don't think it's fair at all to say Jordan Rhodes is at fault for not moving on.

That's more down to the Chairman I would suggest

Owlstalk Shop

To be fair - a lot of us backed him to go on and push us to the promise land when he got here 

Many thought he was given a rough ride at Boro, all his stats suggested he would kick on 

We never utilised him correctly though with our style of play - hes a box merchant, nothing else, perhaps if we provided more clinical chances for him in the box it could've been different. We all know our style of play in CC second season was ultra defensive, if he was with us in out first season under Chansiri I'm sure he'd have scored more in that style of play. 

Since then - we've been crap anyway, with or without Jordan Rhodes. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think it's fair at all to say Jordan Rhodes is at fault for not moving on.

That's more down to the Chairman I would suggest

You must have known that you’d get responses like this when you posted your thread.

Chansiri is definitely at fault. but I cannot understand why the player cannot or will not initiate a breakaway. Unless he is not interested in resurrecting his career.

We constantly hear about player power, agent power. Yet our Jordan seems to a special case. 

26 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Cost £10.4 million, not sure of signing on fee, but wage approx. £50k per week. So he's already had us for going on £20 million. 61 appearances and 11 goals later and we still haven't got rid. And I was one of those doing handstands when we signed him.😪

He didn't and he isn't.

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You must have known that you’d get responses like this when you posted your thread.

Chansiri is definitely at fault. but I cannot understand why the player cannot or will not initiate a breakaway. Unless he is not interested in resurrecting his career.

We constantly hear about player power, agent power. Yet our Jordan seems to a special case. 

My gut feeling (no inside knowledge) is that Rhodes has wanted away for some time, but the chairman keeps stopping it through the demands asked of the buying/loaning club?

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Who in there right mind would take a 50% pay cut .... now if the club gave him a free with a 50% pay off that's a way out for both parties but cant see them doing that  

We are sat on a £9m loss as it stands.

The team win and score prolifically when Rhodes partners Fletcher:-

612 mins

18 team goals

Fletcher 8 goals

Rhodes 7 goals

We can give him away, or we can play them together for 6/8 games at the start of next season, and watch us score, win, and the value of a costly asset rise.

And, to anticipate replies, if it doesn’t work, we’ve lost nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
55 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Is he on 50k a week? 

Really? 

If you add employers costs like NICer etc then it could be.

17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We are sat on a £9m loss as it stands.

The team win and score prolifically when Rhodes partners Fletcher:-

612 mins

18 team goals

Fletcher 8 goals

Rhodes 7 goals

We can give him away, or we can play them together for 6/8 games at the start of next season, and watch us score, win, and the value of a costly asset rise.

And, to anticipate replies, if it doesn’t work, we’ve lost nothing.

We cant even really do that. With 1 year left on his contract unless he is prepared to take a massive wage cut he is unlikely to go.
Have to come to some sort of arrangement like pay him 6 months of his contract as a golden handshake to move him on.