If we beat the FFP/EFL charge

Invest in players;

• Willing to work hard
  • Decent track records with their fitness
  • Hungry to succeed
  • Have the right mentality to play for a club of our size and expectation
  • Be better prepared to sell players when we believe their values are at their peak then reinvest that profit back into the squad

Please, no more;

• Packed treatment rooms
  • Expensive signings sat in the stands
  • Random guys here for a season with no intention of being played who the manager never wanted
  • Bottlers or serial losers
  • Egos who think they are bigger than the club
  • Last pay day signings
  • Holding on to valuable assets until they are worth nowt

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

oh! there is, or they'd have sanctioned us by now, and taken delight in doing it.

Not necessarily. Our case seems messier than others. May just be taking longer to conclude. Doesn't mean it'll swing our way. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Not necessarily. Our case seems messier than others. May just be taking longer to conclude. Doesn't mean it'll swing our way. 

my reading of it is this (and i'm by no means an expert, and will stand correcting if and when wrong) it's only 'messier' because they WANT to nail us to the ****ing wall, and BADLY, at the utter disbelief that we've dared to answer them back. 

but they are sat on the rusty spike of it 'seems' dc believes he's had permission to do what has been done, and IF action is taken will seek compensation in court, which I imagine may not be a small amount. 

they may 'sanction' us, they may seek an 'agreement' where we get a 'slap on the wrist', but time is ticking and that 'nasty snarling dog's' gone a bit quiet....

as with all things, time will tell, but it's not like them to delay.

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

my reading of it is this (and i'm by no means an expert, and will stand correcting if and when wrong) it's only 'messier' because they WANT to nail us to the ****ing wall, and BADLY, at the utter disbelief that we've dared to answer them back. 

but they are sat on the rusty spike of it 'seems' dc believes he's had permission to do what has been done, and IF action is taken will seek compensation in court, which I imagine may not be a small amount. 

they may 'sanction' us, they may seek an 'agreement' where we get a 'slap on the wrist', but time is ticking and that 'nasty snarling dog's' gone a bit quiet....

as with all things, time will tell, but it's not like them to delay.

Wishful thinking. We'll see. Hasn't played out yet, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Just now, wilyfox said:

Wishful thinking. We'll see. Hasn't played out yet, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

it's not wishful thinking, they like to pass judgement and see it is carried out,  are they on the 'horns of a dilemma'?

dc seems to think if it goes against him, then it has to go to a court in which they don't have total control of.

Theres several ways of looking at it, should the season be ended now.

The EFL would look ridiculous if they gave us a points deduction that let us above the relegation zone....as that is not a penalty, it would be seen as a dodge.

The EFL would look unfair if it gave us a points deduction that effectively relegated us without a chance of fighting for survival

The EFL could...simply relegate us..Then i presume it goes to court

How long would that take, and what if next season was halfway through and Wednesday won their case?

Its a total mess

38 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Theres several ways of looking at it, should the season be ended now.

The EFL would look ridiculous if they gave us a points deduction that let us above the relegation zone....as that is not a penalty, it would be seen as a dodge.

The EFL would look unfair if it gave us a points deduction that effectively relegated us without a chance of fighting for survival

The EFL could...simply relegate us..Then i presume it goes to court

How long would that take, and what if next season was halfway through and Wednesday won their case?

Its a total mess

Maybe Coronavirus has given them a get out? Dock us points, cancel the league, no ups and downs start at square one next season. Even more wishful thinking, but I do think the EFL have got way more important things to think about now

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s say we beat this FFP charge and no points are deducted

Lets say the season is called off for Coronavirus

What is it that you can see to say that the next season we play will be any more successful?

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this one..

What ever happens, it will take AT LEAST 2 seasons to get us looking to a playoff place.

3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

What ever happens, it will take AT LEAST 2 seasons to get us looking to a playoff place.

Aye but how can we do that when we keep hiring and firing different managers and whilst at the same time recruiting weird players for them to manage?

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

The club and fans need to lower their expectations for starters. 

Feck me, me expectations are bottom of league, relegated by January, administration and eventual liquidation.

I am going to have to be less optimistic now you said that. :1276983839_MonkHome:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Maybe Coronavirus has given them a get out? Dock us points, cancel the league, no ups and downs start at square one next season. Even more wishful thinking, but I do think the EFL have got way more important things to think about now

YES! 

where to go 'for a spot of lunch if god forbid one's club is closed'.

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

That way they set a precedent....break ffp and we will deduct points, so a shot across the bows of other teams. It's not their fault the season is cancelled

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye but how can we do that when we keep hiring and firing different managers and whilst at the same time recruiting weird players for them to manage?

Reading between the lines from interviews with Monk, the club seem to be heading in the Brentford way of developing the club.

I'd go along with that and leave Monk to bring in/Change the coaches at 1st team level along with new playing staff.

7 hours ago, paddyowl said:

There is loads of things that need attention but starting with -

NUMBER ONE - A proper football manager to oversee the following

a) Thinning the squad out

b) Signing players that are better than we have (sounds simple though we never seem to get it right)

c) Make sure the players that are signed have  sellability  (See above)

d) Sort out the training ground and elevate it to academy status 

What constitutes a "proper"  manager? 

Who is this proper manager? 

Carlos, Jos, Bullen, Now Monk have got nowhere with these players what makes you think another manager will? 

The problems are the players and the upper echolens of the club off the pitch. 

That needs sorting first, because no proper manager will work under it. 

Chansiri needs to appoint:

A CEO to look after the club

A director of football

An advisor with the clubs and his interest at heart. 

He needs too:

Invest in young hungry players who want to fight for the badge, let the manager build a team of teams and not a team of individuals. 

Produce a business plan what keeps the club away from FFP 

Let go:

Of trying to control everything, let the manager do his job with the players he wants, let the departments do their jobs, let the new CEO work for him and work for the club to his and the fans benefit. Let the DOF commincate with the manager and CEO. 

The manager is the least of our problems they will all fail without change. 

Not a dig at Chansiri either it's just basic business common sense and he will see a return on his investment and a return of the fans to 2015 style attendances. 

It's up to him and I hope he has seen his mistakes and has a look around at things. 

A new manager won't solve anything. 

And the answer to the OP question is above. 

:rolleyes: