If we beat the FFP/EFL charge

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s say we beat this FFP charge and no points are deducted

Lets say the season is called off for Coronavirus

What is it that you can see to say that the next season we play will be any more successful?

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this one..

From chatting with the Leeds finance director last night, she thinks that we are going to get the points deduction. She agrees that in principle we have done nothing wrong but one of her team who is a bit of a geek with the whole EFL stuff thinks it will happen. 

Next season start from afresh with a new approach and players who want to turn up every week and graft when it’s really needed, not when they feel like it 

I fully expect Wednesday to be in league one in the not so distant future.

I fear the EFL will use the threat of removal of our membership to the football league as a bargaining chip to accept a points deduction. Hope I’m wrong but they seem determined to punish us. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Spookone said:

I have a sneaking suspicion Elev8 will finally be launched in the summer, our players will have the exclusive use of the drink within our division and this will power them on to a league winners title.

This lot could have Lance Armstrong’s drinks and still fizz it up. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

From chatting with the Leeds finance director last night, she thinks that we are going to get the points deduction. She agrees that in principle we have done nothing wrong but one of her team who is a bit of a geek with the whole EFL stuff thinks it will happen. 

Next season start from afresh with a new approach and players who want to turn up every week and graft when it’s really needed, not when they feel like it 

Probably why the EFL are struggling to make their case.

It may be that the transaction, which was approved and initially ratified by the EFL, lets not forget, was within the rules at the time, but the EFL interpret not within the spirit of the rules. This is a very difficult thing to prove.

If he EFL want to pursue this, they're going to need to put their big boy pants on and do it in a proper court, not just their kangaroo court where they can make it up as they go along. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

100% and looking forward to it 

(the fresh start and hungry players not the points deduction)

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, Road Runner said:

What constitutes a "proper"  manager? 

Who is this proper manager? 

Carlos, Jos, Bullen, Now Monk have got nowhere with these players what makes you think another manager will? 

The problems are the players and the upper echolens of the club off the pitch. 

That needs sorting first, because no proper manager will work under it. 

Chansiri needs to appoint:

A CEO to look after the club

A director of football

An advisor with the clubs and his interest at heart. 

He needs too:

Invest in young hungry players who want to fight for the badge, let the manager build a team of teams and not a team of individuals. 

Produce a business plan what keeps the club away from FFP 

Let go:

Of trying to control everything, let the manager do his job with the players he wants, let the departments do their jobs, let the new CEO work for him and work for the club to his and the fans benefit. Let the DOF commincate with the manager and CEO. 

The manager is the least of our problems they will all fail without change. 

Not a dig at Chansiri either it's just basic business common sense and he will see a return on his investment and a return of the fans to 2015 style attendances. 

It's up to him and I hope he has seen his mistakes and has a look around at things. 

A new manager won't solve anything. 

And the answer to the OP question is above. 

:rolleyes:

I agree with most of what you have said, especially about DC relinquishing his desire to make every decision, the manager should have complete control of team matters BUT I would'nt want Garry Monk to be that man, just my opinion.

And, no, I don't have a clue who could take over and be a success and as a supporter that's not my job but I'd start with a few basic stipulations and go from there.

What is a proper manager ?

Someone who has knowledge of the British game.

Someone who has had success in the British game.

Someone who has contacts within the business.

Someone who can motivate players.

Someone who can bring his own backroom staff in.

I could go on but it's pretty straight forward really, we managed to snare Steve Bruce who fitted the bill unfortunately  that ended in tears but it does gives us hope that we can still attract a manager of his caliber. 

57 minutes ago, striker said:

If he EFL want to pursue this, they're going to need to put their big boy pants on and do it in a proper court, not just their kangaroo court where they can make it up as they go along. 

Remember that it is SWFC that brought the arbitration case against the EFL. Having decided to go down the arbitration route you more or less forego the right to go to litigation (court proceedings). Both arbitration itself and EFL disciplinary commissions are arbitral, governed by the Arbitration Act 1996. To imagine that they are tin pot and made up as they go along is just fanciful

1 hour ago, striker said:

Probably why the EFL are struggling to make their case.

It may be that the transaction, which was approved and initially ratified by the EFL, lets not forget, was within the rules at the time, but the EFL interpret not within the spirit of the rules. This is a very difficult thing to prove.

Especially in the current climate with a raft  of serious [Covid-19 and financial] issues for everyone to contend with.

1 hour ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Remember that it is SWFC that brought the arbitration case against the EFL. Having decided to go down the arbitration route you more or less forego the right to go to litigation (court proceedings). Both arbitration itself and EFL disciplinary commissions are arbitral, governed by the Arbitration Act 1996. To imagine that they are tin pot and made up as they go along is just fanciful

If the EFL could have nailed us already they would have done, that is not up for dispute. They are struggling to prove their case hence the drawn out process

4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

If the EFL could have nailed us already they would have done, that is not up for dispute. They are struggling to prove their case hence the drawn out process

Its us trying to nail the EFL and It’s the arbitrators that will decide, not the EFL. The length of arbitration proceedings is pretty much par for the course (‘normal’ is 17 weeks) so don’t think we can infer anything about the likely outcome

3 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

I fully expect Wednesday to be in league one in the not so distant future.

I fear the EFL will use the threat of removal of our membership to the football league as a bargaining chip to accept a points deduction. Hope I’m wrong but they seem determined to punish us. 

If you think that’s how legal and due process works I’m glad you ain’t my lawyer WTF:

49 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Its us trying to nail the EFL and It’s the arbitrators that will decide, not the EFL. The length of arbitration proceedings is pretty much par for the course (‘normal’ is 17 weeks) so don’t think we can infer anything about the likely outcome

It’s us trying to protect ourselves and call the EFL out for what they are - inept and unfit for purpose  

2 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Meant the EFL panel, not the arbitration process. I don't doubt arbitration is a formal, evidence based process, which is why EFL seem to be struggling to argue against the apparent written evidence  of them agreeing to the ground sale.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, striker said:

Meant the EFL panel, not the arbitration process. I don't doubt arbitration is a formal, evidence based process, which is why EFL seem to be struggling to argue against the apparent written evidence  of them agreeing to the ground sale.

I have never made any assumptions about the outcome of arbitration or EFL ruling because I do not have access to the evidence. One thing that I will say though is those people that think we are automatically going to get away with this because the EFL agreed the sale of the ground are working on flawed logic. They may well have done but none of us know what new evidence may have come to light thereafter. An analogy could be a credit card company approving an application based on an application form then finding out that some of the information provided was untrue or misleading. The fact that they initially approved the application would have no bearing on any decision later to withdraw credit facilities.

On 13/03/2020 at 10:36, @owlstalk said:

Let’s say we beat this FFP charge and no points are deducted

Lets say the season is called off for Coronavirus

What is it that you can see to say that the next season we play will be any more successful?

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this one..

I think it’s English but I’m not sure. 

• Haha 2

The chairman needs to come out and apologise for the state the club is in, after the EFL verdict, regardless of the outcome. He needs to show some responsibility and a plan to move forward, a plan to get into the PL, then we will pay those prices, even if we are partly paying for his mistakes if he accepts them brings people in around him that know how to run a club I can get past that, don't shrug of failure by saying things like his plan was just to remain in the league, thats an insult to all those fans he asked to fund a push to the PL, and a clear indication FU8K all is going to change 

Edited by keepitsteel89

7 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

The chairman needs to come out and apologise for the state the club is in, after the EFL verdict, regardless of the outcome. He needs to show some responsibility and a plan to move forward, a plan to get into the PL, then we will pay those prices, even if we are partly paying for his mistakes if he accepts them brings people in around him that know how to run a club I can get past that, don't shrug of failure by saying things like his plan was just to remain in the league, thats an insult to all those fans he asked to fund a push to the PL, and a clear indication FU8K all is going to change 

Yep, all football club owners do that from time to time to keep the fans happy. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the season is to become null and void we have not made / got any advantage over any team.

The ground sale date might just as well have been put in the accounting year it happened.

So now with several games to play and no match day revenue, leeds, derby, fulham, brentford, west brom, forest will all be miles over P&S rules (won't affect us cos no foooker pog)

The efl of course will waive all punishment because of exceptional circumstances, the borough chairman will moan like fooook.....the efl will reply, stfu we saved you from relegation.

And that sir sums up my case for the defense.....and can I claim exes?