If we beat the FFP/EFL charge

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

If you think that’s how legal and due process works I’m glad you ain’t my lawyer WTF:

Nothing to do with being a lawyer . We have a chairman who’s clueless, a manager who’s lost the dressing room, players who don’t give a sh@t about this club and a lot out of contract probably to be replaced by more who don’t give a sh@t signed by a dodgy agent not the manager. Points deduction or not next season is gonna be a struggle.

2 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Nothing to do with being a lawyer . We have a chairman who’s clueless, a manager who’s lost the dressing room, players who don’t give a sh@t about this club and a lot out of contract probably to be replaced by more who don’t give a sh@t signed by a dodgy agent not the manager. Points deduction or not next season is gonna be a struggle.

Shouldn't that bit read "a dressing room that's lost several managers"?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Shouldn't that bit read "a dressing room that's lost several managers"?

Possibly but a lot of these players not putting 100% in have not been at the club that long. Atmosphere at the club needs to change ,as does the recruitment policy. 

4 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Possibly but a lot of these players not putting 100% in have not been at the club that long. Atmosphere at the club needs to change ,as does the recruitment policy. 

True, but the atmosphere at the club seems to have been consistent with several managers.

• Like 1

I think it would change if we would get a manager and let him manage. Recruitment, back room staff an all. I’ve heard monk didn’t even know who da Cruz was let alone sign him. Now I’ve seen da Cruz play so someone clearly hasnt got the clubs best interests at heart. Hence my pessimism for the future. 

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

I think it would change if we would get a manager and let him manage. Recruitment, back room staff an all. I’ve heard monk didn’t even know who da Cruz was let alone sign him. Now I’ve seen da Cruz play so someone clearly hasnt got the clubs best interests at heart. Hence my pessimism for the future. 

How many mangers are whatever club now manage the whole club? Not many in the top flight are in charge of the whole 9 yards I think Wenger was the last one. 

I don’t think we will see another full on manager at Hillsborough ever.

5 hours ago, striker said:

Meant the EFL panel, not the arbitration process. I don't doubt arbitration is a formal, evidence based process, which is why EFL seem to be struggling to argue against the apparent written evidence  of them agreeing to the ground sale.

EFL Disciplinary Commissions are also arbitral and carried out with the same level of riguor as arbitration

• Haha 1

If the season gets cancelled now, we have technically lost up to 27 points (9 games), so that's our punishment and more.

I say up to 27 points lost, like hand sanitisers claim to reduce up to 99.99% of bacteris, which means anything from 0.000001% upwards!

We've beat this rap.

FFS!

• Like 1

On 14/03/2020 at 15:59, Avon barksdale said:

then why would Monk say that we need players like Da Cruz 

With the FFP still in place and DC in charge.  I doubt nothing much will change.  

How are we going to attract and pay for a new team that is any good? Pick up a load of youngsters from Liverpool, Chelsea, Man CIty, for next to nothing? 

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

With the FFP still in place and DC in charge.  I doubt nothing much will change.  

How are we going to attract and pay for a new team that is any good? Pick up a load of youngsters from Liverpool, Chelsea, Man CIty, for next to nothing? 

There are going to be literally thousands of footballers out of contract with no club to go to in a few months.

Unfortunately the big boys (6 or 7) will just end up playing each other 6 times a season.

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

We are better with players who want to play and are trying than the current crop of freeloaders 

Sadly Bannan isn't out of contract until the end of next season and we need to get rid of him ASAP. 

Given than many have said he's one of the best midfielder outside of the Premier league then surely someone will want to sign him. 

We all know that nobody wants him,esp as he's getting grossly inflated wages. 

On 14/03/2020 at 15:35, ChinaOwl said:

I suspect there is zero evidence one way or the other to back up that claim but you think it is worth putting it out there anyway. :rolleyes:

Isn’t there complete failure at moving the case forward to an independent panel a bit of a clue ?? 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Isn’t there complete failure at moving the case forward to an independent panel a bit of a clue ?? 

We don’t know if it’s moving forward or not. Proceedings are confidential which accounts for lack of news. But for all we know things could be moving towards a final hearing and judgement - or not. As usual fans are kept in the dark, fuelling all kinds of speculation