If we beat the FFP/EFL charge

Just now, paddyowl said:

There is loads of things that need attention but starting with -

NUMBER ONE - A proper football manager to oversee the following

a) Thinning the squad out

b) Signing players that are better than we have (sounds simple though we never seem to get it right)

c) Make sure the players that are signed have  sellability  (See above)

d) Sort out the training ground and elevate it to academy status 

Those things don't seem to be under the remit of managers at SWFC though.

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s say we beat this FFP charge and no points are deducted

IF that happens we'll have dodged a massive bullet, leaving some financial wriggle room to build a decent squad.

Should be the trigger for a complete re-set, with a root and branch overhaul of the governance of the club and recruitment strategy.

But with Khun Dej and you know who at the helm can't see it happening

51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Lets say the season is called off for Coronavirus

What is it that you can see to say that the next season we play will be any more successful?

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this one..

The biggest problem is the one that has always been there we have a chairman who does not learn from his mistakes.

We keep making the same errors season after season, there is no plan other than promotion solving all the issues.

Team like Brentford are managing the division very well, running a tight ship and moving to a new stadium and our business man chairman think they are doing a bad job.

DC  does not know what he is doing and continues to not get people in who know what they are doing, I can only see the club sinking further and further ala Chesterfield. 

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What is it that you can see to say that the next season we play will be any more successful?

Pure speculation.

Incidentally, what will the effect of cancelling or even just postponement have on the profit/loss and its leader FFP.

I can only assume that, during the period, clubs will have to pay admin , manager, coaches etc. etc. without any income resulting staff, Players etc.etc.without income. 

Even the ST holders money will simply be ;frozen'

One can imagine the effect on SWFC. What is this likely to mean to much lesser clubs?

11 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

There is loads of things that need attention but starting with -

NUMBER ONE - A proper football manager to oversee the following

a) Thinning the squad out

b) Signing players that are better than we have (sounds simple though we never seem to get it right)

c) Make sure the players that are signed have  sellability  (See above)

d) Sort out the training ground and elevate it to academy status 

With DC and Paixao  - good luck with that!

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don’t think that shows any reason why we would have a better season

No it doesn't.

Only that we might. Generally seasons aren't always an indicator of  how you do the next. Taking Forest, Brentford as an example.I would concede that it feels like we are on a downward spiral but I speak to a lot of Forest fans and last year they were totally peed off and convinced that they were heading into L1 this year. 

The only answer to your question is that it's a new season.

We should have already identified targets for next season. Hopefully young hungry players from lower leagues and maybe a loan or two from Premier League academy.

Easier said than done as 90% of other Championship sides will be doing the same.

Also shift out some of the dead wood billy big time players who think they are doing us a favour by playing for us. Again easier said than done.

If you want my honest opinion on what will happen next season it will be relegation.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

We should have already identified targets for next season. Hopefully young hungry players from lower leagues and maybe a loan or two from Premier League academy.

Easier said than done as 90% of other Championship sides will be doing the same.

Also shift out some of the dead wood billy big time players who think they are doing us a favour by playing for us. Again easier said than done.

If you want my honest opinion on what will happen next season it will be relegation.

I don't think whoever we have looking for potential players even knows what the lower leagues are.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I don't think whoever we have looking for potential players even knows what the lower leagues are.

Always think players from abroad are a bit more of a risk with them having to settle in an another country with possible language barrier.
We seem to have had a few that look good after a couple of games then might as well not be here. De Cruz being the latest example.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

To be honest Neil, Chansiri could have £100 million to spend and I still don’t trust him to get it right. 

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

If any sanction is coming I’d rather it be this season. Get it all done with now

It’d be awful having to start next season on -21 points 

Yes, get it done now.  Give us our 9 point penalty and end the season...

(We'd stay up on goal difference!)

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

Those things don't seem to be under the remit of managers at SWFC though.

Question 1... 'can you get us up this season, or next at the very latest?'

'interview over.

can you chuck your cv in the bin on the way out, we never bother reading them, I mean what could your career history in management possibly tell us?'

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Always think players from abroad are a bit more of a risk with them having to settle in an another country with possible language barrier.
We seem to have had a few that look good after a couple of games then might as well not be here. De Cruz being the latest example.

southern europe's a risk, I find they struggle to settle, especially in the north of england it seems.

used to think it was poor refereeing allowing thugs in footy boots to hack lumps outa them, but it seems it maybe distance from home, or pisspoor weather.