Worst time you have seen?

7 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

This period is a walk in the flipping sunshiiìine compared to mid to late '70s.

3rd division 

Pigs above us

Not a hint of any money to overspend

Crowds less than 10k

Football dire

Open Kop in the sleet and snow

And Phil Henson in the team!

You lot don't know your born.

The Snowflakes of the footballing world!

Don't worry. Under DC, not long now. 

• Like 1

This is worse for me, because I can actually see the club disappearing due to the wilful actions of our incompetent owner, and because it was all so very easy to avoid over the past few years whereas when we looked like going bust we were just another in a long line of clubs that were mired in long term debt from dropping down the leagues etc. Chansiri created all these problems himself and in an extremely short space of time, the bloke is plague.

• Thanks 1

From a football standpoint nothing compares with the 1974/75 season. The 1-0 win at  Southampton the day after boxing day was our last win of the five we had that season plus we only scored twice more. Crowds of around 7,000 average made it worse. The only bright spot were the away days which were some of the best I've ever been on.

• Like 1

For those still traumatised by it, has to be the 74-75 season doesn't it? Didn't we score only twice in the last 18 games of the season or something?

Just take a breath and take that in,  2 goals in 18 games. At least we won't have to endure that again.........

• Haha 1

I supported Wednesday through the so called bad days of the 70s ... but there was a camaraderie between the supporters then ...you knew things would eventually get better..cos not many teams could match our potential then ..........Now !!!...never felt as distant from the club...complete apathy has took over....fans fighting amongst themselves!!... Bring back tony toms !!!

2 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

From a football standpoint nothing compares with the 1974/75 season. The 1-0 win at  Southampton the day after boxing day was our last win of the five we had that season plus we only scored twice more. Crowds of around 7,000 average made it worse. The only bright spot were the away days which were some of the best I've ever been on.

Beat me to it!!

This is right up there.

On and off the pitch we are a complete mess. A rudderless ship careering towards an iceberg.

I've seen this movie before and sadly I think this is only going to get worse before it gets better.

Crucially, perhaps fatally, the only way I see us turning this around is by Chansiri selling up.

As time progresses, I become more convinced that there is more going on here than just a megalomaniac who doesn't like been told what to do. I think there are others with a vested interest who are seemingly quite content to see us drift into nothingness.

Edited by SiJ

Only can really say from the 90’s onward but this feels the worst.

For me it’s mainly because there is no hope, no way out. 

Even the threat of getting wound up it always felt like a miracle could happen and there was hope.

No there’s a narcissistic madman at the helm, who won’t/can’t move the club on. Players have thrown the towel in and don’t care about the club or fans. We’ve been awful for so long but it always felt like people were at least doing their best.

One thing we have always had through two decades of poo is togetherness and hope. Both of these have diminished to the point that there’s nothing left at the bottom of the barrel. 

44 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

For those still traumatised by it, has to be the 74-75 season doesn't it? Didn't we score only twice in the last 18 games of the season or something?

Just take a breath and take that in,  2 goals in 18 games. At least we won't have to endure that again.........

If only the first 45 minutes at home this seasons counted then we would lol

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Not old enough to remember the mid 70s turmoil, but of the whole demoralising 2000-2020 period, I think this is actually the lowest yet most apathetic I've felt about the club.

In the early 2000s and the HMRC period, at least we knew that we were rubbish and we didn't have a pot to pee in. This is worse, because it's after we finally got the rich benefactor that other clubs had been revitalised by and we were crying out for - yet despite the large sum of money invested, the ridiculous ticket prices we pay, and having players earning mega wages by Championship standards, we've got absolutely nothing to show for it on the pitch and we're an absolute basket case of a club on and off it, we're worse than before Chansiri started his spending spree and it's set to get even worse than that.

I'd agree with this, on the pitch we've definitely been worse, off it no matter how bad it got there was always the feeling that one day we'd be the lucky recipient of a takeover. The hope has gone and I dread what could actually happen.

Relegation from premiership to when Sturrock came in is just a blur, I think that was worse than Jos, which is probably just slightly worse than now.

Irvine era could be considered worse because it was the division below!

Something just doesn't add up. 

You have an owner is believed to have pumped in millions upon millions of pounds. 

After all that investment, the club faces falling through the trapdoor into League One - and that could happen with or without a points deduction. 

This expensively assembled squad (wages wise) is producing football that the local sunday pub league team would be embarrassed by. You've got two senior players (plus a loanee) banished to the under 23s due to supposed poor conduct and disruptive behaviour. 

You've then got a  manager who seems completely out of his depth, but then in fairness to him hasn't been allowed to bring in one single coach to assist him. 

Most owners who had pumped in that kind of money and were seeing such poor results on the pitch would be doing something, whether that's firing the manager, bringing in a new coach or issue a rallying call or something. 

Instead, there is nothing. Not a peep out of the club. 

Something stinks. 

Guest mkowl

This is the worst for me. We have waited and suffered through the other worst times because there was a nagging hope that surely someone would eventually come along and get us back on track.

The fact it did promise to be different

But the outcome has been thoroughly depressing and you just think worse is still actually to come 

Having witnessed most of those bad times it really is for a lot of whether we have the energy and determination to keep doing it