Worst time you have seen?

What’s the worst run/period of time you have experienced as a Wednesday fan?

For me, the current run is third worst. 

First would be when we nearly went bust and were in court. 

Second would be when we didn’t score for game after game.  Think Chris Eagles broke that run.  Can’t remember when it was exactly - anyone remember?

4 minutes ago, Bez said:

Second would be when we didn’t score for game after game.  Think Chris Eagles broke that run.  Can’t remember when it was exactly - anyone remember?

Urgh Christ, that was the 05-06 season where I believe we scored like 1 goal in 8 games or something, that was wretched. Proudlock & David Graham up top :duntmatter:

7 minutes ago, Bez said:

Mid 70`s Burtonshaw era , but this now is running it close.

Not old enough to remember the mid 70s turmoil, but of the whole demoralising 2000-2020 period, I think this is actually the lowest yet most apathetic I've felt about the club.

In the early 2000s and the HMRC period, at least we knew that we were rubbish and we didn't have a pot to pee in. This is worse, because it's after we finally got the rich benefactor that other clubs had been revitalised by and we were crying out for - yet despite the large sum of money invested, the ridiculous ticket prices we pay, and having players earning mega wages by Championship standards, we've got absolutely nothing to show for it on the pitch and we're an absolute basket case of a club on and off it, we're worse than before Chansiri started his spending spree and it's set to get even worse than that.

Edited by alanharper
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Not old enough to remember the mid 70s turmoil, but of the whole demoralising 2000-2020 period, I think this is actually the lowest yet most apathetic I've felt about the club.

In the early 2000s and the HMRC period, at least we knew that we were rubbish and we didn't have a pot to pee in. This is worse, because it's after we finally got the rich benefactor that other clubs had been revitalised by and we were crying out for - yet despite the large sum of money invested, the ridiculous ticket prices we pay, and having players earning mega wages by Championship standards, we've got absolutely nothing to show for it on the pitch.

I agree. The concerning thing for me is that we are 5 years into DCs tenure. The club regresses by the week and he's hardly in the country. He has no experienced British football people running the show when he's not around. Monk has not been allowed to bring in his own support staff despite millions of compensation for Bruce. I can't make head or tail of it. No one can. 

There was a time (I think the season Jeffers and Sodje signed) when I think we lost the first six games under Laws. That was a bad period as well especially because of the s h i t at boardroom level going on top of the football. Thankfully, Laws turned it around and we got out of bother relegation wise.

Edited by ChinaOwl

This period is a walk in the flipping sunshiiìine compared to mid to late '70s.

3rd division 

Pigs above us

Not a hint of any money to overspend

Crowds less than 10k

Football dire

Open Kop in the sleet and snow

And Phil Henson in the team!

You lot don't know your born.

The Snowflakes of the footballing world!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

This is the least I’ve ever wanted to actually attend the matches.

i don’t want to support those players and I certainly don’t want to support Chansiri.

I feel ripped off, cheated and angry with myself for committing to next season already.

I agree. I currently hate going. However I have a very enthusiastic 6 year old son who loves going to matches. I started going as an 8 year old in 1978. My nan took me and she had seen us win the FA Cup in 1935, the superb side in the 60s etc. She always talked about Mark Hooper and Don Megson as her favourite players. As a dad I reflect on this. My nan must have thought we were watching absolute dross in 1978. Not me, I loved it and my boy does. So I take him even though I don't want to go. This is how it is and probably always has been. 

• Like 1

Just now, lanzaroteowl said:

3rd division 

Pigs above us

Crowds less than 10k

Football dire

Is that why you left England??

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, lanzaroteowl said:

3rd division 

Pigs above us

Crowds less than 10k

Football dire

Were the pies decent though?