• Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Windass
    • Da Cruz
    • Forestieri
    • Wickham
    • Harris

Just now, NewquayOwl said:

Perhaps you should start adding the option 'None of the above'?

Spot on and certainly not for the first time this year.

It is absolute disgrace that we keep having to debate whether anyone at all is worthy of receiving a man of the match vote.

Garry Monk get a 0 (ZERO) vote. For the umpteenth time we set up on the back foot. We are beaten before half-time for the second game in a row and he is once again forced to change his team at half-time, an all too familiar pattern.

Yes he has little to work with, but it is the same little he had to work with before Christmas plus 3 loan signings that he has managed to get the sum total of very little out of. 

The players have stopped playing for him, which in itself reflects badly on them and very few will be missed if we hopefully clear the squad out in the summer. However, we can't kick them all out now, much as many want the owner to leave, if he were to do that now it wouldn't put us in a better position for the rest of the season - remember the rudderless ship that Dave Allen left us with.

The only change we can make now that may have an impact is to get rid of the man who is failing to manage the team effectively. 

Before this thread starts, a small request. We have a player who played today who isn’t a first team player, we all know that. There is a player welfare issue in my view of the continued used of da Cruz. It is the clubs fault he is out there not his.

My own view is we don’t mark or rate the player in threads like this. 

Dawson - 2. 6 shots, 5 goals plus a clanger for the first. Getting worse. 

Palmer - 2 absolutely cowardly. Got turned inside out all game

Iorfa - 4 shape and timing was all over the place

Lees - 3 just completely bereft of any form, confidence or ability

Fox - 2 cowardly. Hid all game

Murphy - 5. At least gave it a go

Bannan - 4. Lost the ball dangerously frequently, but created 3 or 4 good chances at least

Pelupessy - 4 unbelievably easy to get past all day. At least made 3 tackles today. Stellar performance by his standards but so far below what’s required it’s actually unreal.

Windass - 2 all wind and no ass.

Da Cruz - 2 Da What?

Fletcher - 4 did nowt and wasted the chance he did get.

Monk - 1 WTF was that team selection? WTF were those tactics? I’m 95% certain he’s given up and is attempting to get fired

• Haha 3

For desire, passion and effort Unequivocally JOEY. unfortunately he has zero talent but his application today was strides above the rest.

Take a bow Mr Pelupessey for trying to lead by example. 
If I had to pick a 2nd it would be Murphy the rest seemed to be not bothered.

• Haha 1

Why all the changes from Wednesday night? Of the 'normal' players , this was an abortion of a performance. In a week where we have seen us ship 8 goals to Championship teams yet in between have held a £4.75M team to a single goal, and that after some 60mins yet our Manager, in his wisdom decides to change the team. MAD

Guest Ferkorf

My man of the match was the brentford fan who was behind the bar in the boozer that gave me a pint on the house as I arrived in his ale shop just after the third goal

There was no one on that pitch today worthy enough for it.

Never in my life left before half time not even in the early 00's or any other of the dark seasons.

I knew the team were spineless misfits and not good enough back then but I got behind them none the less.

Now this is the 2nd game in a row I've gone before half time.

I've joked about throwing the towel in a few times this season but I can't take any more of that 

22 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Why all the changes from Wednesday night? Of the 'normal' players , this was an abortion of a performance. In a week where we have seen us ship 8 goals to Championship teams yet in between have held a £4.75M team to a single goal, and that after some 60mins yet our Manager, in his wisdom decides to change the team. MAD

TBF I think some of the Man City players aren’t too bad and £4.75m is undervaluing them a bit. 

Out of pure stubbornness I stayed the full 90 

From minute 1 we looked lost and way off the pace. 

The now common place change of personnel and formation is killing any slim chance of seeing a performance we had. 

We’d be mad to sign anyone of this mob on new contracts. I was only in favour of giving Fletcher a new deal any way but I’m beginning to wane on that thought. 

Iorfa, Murphy and at a push Palmer could be mistaken as footballers.

JP could be classed as a prize winning supporter trying his best 

The rest ....... I can’t describe 

I know it sounds a done deal but a new contract for Fox would be an error. 

41 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Lee and Borner were clearly injured on Wednesday so those 2 changes were enforced. We also played to purely keep City out in the cup so not surprising that he chose to bring Fletcher back in. 

Why he keeps persisting with Dawson is anyone's guess and why he chose to stick with Da Cruz is baffling. 

Monk has been well and truly found out and his negative tactics are getting us nowhere. He must have already set some sort of record for the number of tactical substitutions made at half-time as a result of his inept approach. 

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Spot on and certainly not for the first time this year.

It is absolute disgrace that we keep having to debate whether anyone at all is worthy of receiving a man of the match vote.

Garry Monk get a 0 (ZERO) vote. For the umpteenth time we set up on the back foot. We are beaten before half-time for the second game in a row and he is once again forced to change his team at half-time, an all too familiar pattern.

Yes he has little to work with, but it is the same little he had to work with before Christmas plus 3 loan signings that he has managed to get the sum total of very little out of. 

The players have stopped playing for him, which in itself reflects badly on them and very few will be missed if we hopefully clear the squad out in the summer. However, we can't kick them all out now, much as many want the owner to leave, if he were to do that now it wouldn't put us in a better position for the rest of the season - remember the rudderless ship that Dave Allen left us with.

The only change we can make now that may have an impact is to get rid of the man who is failing to manage the team effectively. 

Indeed. He has said that it's not his fault that the players aren't performing. I say it is. It is his job to inspire the players to give all. It's his job to make the players perform like they can. It's his job to put up a formation that the players can perform their best in. I am more and more convinced that Monk is shyte.

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

This will have to be a rollover week.

Add this week's ratings to next week's and see if anyone can get up to 6.

Personally,the supporters who travelled over 175 mIles to watch that pile of cack deserve the man of the match award.

• 10/10 The Supporters
  • 2/10 The Team