Wednesday- V- Man City OMDT

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So apparently less than 19k tickets sold tonight to see us against one of the best teams in the world. Think it says a lot about how people feel towards these players and a clueless owner. 

It says as much about the general apathy of supporters towards the FA Cup, the reluctance to turn out on a cold February mid week evening coupled with a fear of getting a tonking, for a match that is on free to air TV.  There are one or two proudly boasting they have boycotted the match, but that will not be the reason for many not going.  Its always been the same, fickle fans will not go when things are not going well, then justify it whichever way they can.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Quality omdt your grace. I'm the eternal stupid optimist when it comes to Wednesday. I am struggling tonight though. These are a different league, even to the rest of the premier league ffs! 

As a club, they've hit the jackpot with their owners & made it crack. Good luck to them. Here's what you could have won, Wednesday.

It's still 11 v 11 but the quality difference is staggering.

I live in hope for an early red card for them, a penalty or something bizarre, like their keeper pulls Fletch down outside the box. Deliberate handball to block a shot. Anything to upset the form book.

I can't write it off before it starts, but fk me, it's as big an ask as we've ever had. Bigger underdogs even than Wembley 91. 

Still, get down there & make some noise. 

Iceland beat England remember.

UTO.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Quality omdt your grace. I'm the eternal stupid optimist when it comes to Wednesday. I am struggling tonight though. These are a different league, even to the rest of the premier league ffs! 

As a club, they've hit the jackpot with their owners & made it crack. Good luck to them. Here's what you could have won, Wednesday.

It's still 11 v 11 but the quality difference is staggering.

I live in hope for an early red card for them, a penalty or something bizarre, like their keeper pulls Fletch down outside the box. Deliberate handball to block a shot. Anything to upset the form book.

I can't write it off before it starts, but fk me, it's as big an ask as we've ever had. Bigger underdogs even than Wembley 91. 

Still, get down there & make some noise. 

Iceland beat England remember.

UTO.

To be honest mate, it’s a no loser for me.

No expectation. 
Just enjoy, if something weird happens, huge bonus.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
52 minutes ago, Striggy said:

says as much about the general apathy of supporters towards the FA Cup

Completely disagree with that.

If we were on form, banging goals in ,top of the league, it would be a sell out.

58 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So apparently less than 19k tickets sold tonight to see us against one of the best teams in the world. Think it says a lot about how people feel towards these players and a clueless owner. 

Big issue is the home form.

I firmly believe the attitude towards team would be much more positive if our home Vs away form was flipped this season.

At home atrocious, one of lowest scorer's in league, went several games without a goal recently never mind a win

Away from home highest scoring team in league with a number of impressive results.

But majority turning up at Hillsborough would understandably be fed up with what they have paid to see this year.

May get a tonking tonight but I have to be there as would regret missing it live if we pulled off an upset

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ipswichowl said:

Probably get it completed just before half time ready for switching ends!

Doesn't matter, we aren't going to score.lol

(Good reply Ipswich. That made me laugh.)

I might be going against the huge wave of optimism that is rife on here but we are going to get seriously fizzed in the arse tonight IMHO. Neg away if you must!!!

lol

Nevertheless I shall go ahead and say Up The Owls!

Come on Wednesday FFS!!

• Like 1