Wednesday- V- Man City OMDT

Just now, Quantum Owl said:

Actually knowing Wednesday we will probably win, then draw Birmingham and get hammered, and then get relegated.

Usually I would agree with you but this wednesday side , no chance . If it’s less than five at half time it will be a roaring success 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently questioning why I bothered getting a ticket. I mean, I know why, but you know what I mean. This city team doesn't stop when it's a few goals up. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them score double figures. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if we won. Well, I would, but you know what I mean. I reckon that echoes the thoughts of nearly everyone who's going tonight. 

Regardless of the above though the team will get my support. I won't boo. I won't sing that they're not fit to wear the shirt. I may sigh and harrumph on occasion but not loud enough for them to hear. I will applaud good play and good intentions and effort. 

No score prediction cis I can't bear to type it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

A 5 0 defeat tonight. We are a new level of poor, especially at home. Our defence is a complete shambles , we have no midfield bite whatsoever and a goalie who is good at picking the ball out of the back of the net but not much else.

boo , and indeed hiss.

Well, what can I say? I’ll be watching the game from behind the sofa like an old Doctor Who episode with the Cybermen in it.

i’ve decided to have a beer for every goal we score. Yes, it’s Dry March in the Bonvin household.

Still, Wigan did beat them 2 years ago, with only 18% possession and despite Citeh having something like 25 shots, most of which on were on target.

But then again.....

• Haha 4

I went to watch Scarborough get thrashed by Chelsea in 2004 expecting cricket figures. We lost 1-0 to a team containing Terry, lampard, hasselbank and others, and were denied a penalty for the clearest handball I have ever seen in the last ten minutes. 

You know the secret - a sheet pitch. All we need are a few of Snoot's peasants (cough, 'artisans') and some gardening kit, and we could blame it on an infestation of moles. 

Who says hoofball never pays? 

And look at what an effect that had on the rest of Scarborough's future path to glory. 

Oh wait...... 

Not optimistic. Think 442 would be suicide, suspect 433 (451) to pack midfield, FF and Murphy out wide. Iorfa has to start in place of Lees. 

Wouldn't put it past Monk to spring a surprise, some talk of Alex Hunt pre match from Bannan, he could be the third midfielder?

Not looking forward to it, just hope we keep the score respectful. Obviously don’t expect us to win but I want to see fight, effort and pashun. The minimum we should expect in any game to be honest. Normally when other teams play the big clubs they put in extra effort and want to impress, will ours? I’m not so sure. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Dawson Westwood

Palmer Odubajo Bates Iorfa Lees Borner Fox Urhoghide

Nuhiu

Looking forward to it in a perverse way. Won’t be dull like so many of our home games are. We could get a mullering, or we could bring the A-game we lost several months ago.

But it’s got a national audience and it’s a free hit.

Hope Fletcher is rested

Edited by Holmowl

Ill be amazed if city score less than 5

I have a feeling tonight will be an all new low point with it been live in BBC, ground empty, poor atmosphere and a gutless team!!!

I think ALL Wednesdayites need to prepare for some serious p!ss taking from other fans after this game

5 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Well, what can I say? I’ll be watching the game from behind the sofa like an old Doctor Who episode with the Cybermen in it.

i’ve decided to have a beer for every goal we score. Yes, it’s Dry March in the Bonvin household.

Still, Wigan did beat them 2 years ago, with only 18% possession and despite Citeh having something like 25 shots, most of which on were on target.

But then again.....

Agree 100%, only I've decided to drink-a-pint for every goal that "Citeh" scores...that way I'll be blind-stinking-drunk come Final Time, only this time it won't be before noon, it's a night-game in England,  it will be in the Afternoon here in Florida, U.S.A.  The Missus will rail at me, start with Her "it's only a stupid game" re-play, and then launch into a Doctoral Dissertation about how when She orders my shirts, it takes months for them to arrive, and the shipping costs rival the cost of the goods, and that "whomever runs this operation, couldn't RUN, OFF THE END OF A PIER.."  

Yeah, well, I'll still be a Wednesday Supporter.  

• Haha 4

Think people are wrong to say winning is the Wednesday way. The Wednesday way is to unbelievably be 2  0 up after 85 minutes and to lose 3 2. The final goal in the 97th minute being one that would have been ruled out by VAR as David Silvas kok was offside.

Edited by Nero
  • Haha 2