Wednesday- V- Man City OMDT

4 minutes ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Think we will win tonight!!, I really do, got a good feeling about this one.

Will be a seriously understrength City side, and the players will be bang up for this one.

Then lets draw the unwashed in the Quarters, put to bed the debate on who has the best team. garymegson

Oh dear 

I've been thinking................something I'm not used to. And to my way of thinking. As we know a lot of the players are out of contract

and facing the boot this summer. What better way to show off their " talents" than this show match in front of Pep and the whole world.

A lot of agents, manipulators, owners, coaches will be watching this match on TV. What better place for our out of contract players to

actually show what they are capable of advertising their many " skills " and at least get noticed by the powers that be with regard to their next gig when they leave us.

It could actually be closer than a lot of us think.

I'd play 3-1-4-2.

The 3 and 1 being a 3 and 1 brick laying gang to try and brick up our goal before city get a dozen. If they lay blocks they might keep it down to six.

Our only hope may be that City get bored of scoring.

I'm self isolating tonight, I might not bother tomorrow but we will see. I'm also hoping for a power cut so I'm not tempted to watch online.

I'd normally be optimistic but after Saturdays s h i t show I don't have any opts left.

Best OMDT for ages. 

Not because Snoots' has delivered anything other than his usual brilliant performance, but i feel it has brought out the best humour from us Wednesday fans, which makes me very proud. 

Don't expect a win tonight but God knows I'll be singing and shouting like a mad man and get right behind our boys. 

Up the Owls!

• Like 1

Ref Watch - Michael Oliver

Typical, the first time in years that we actually get a decent ref and he'll therefore be spotting all the little incidents against us as City camp in our half and we never get close enough to their goal, or the ball, to make any penalty claims of our own.(now I've said that he'll probably wrongly send off Iorfa for making one of his trademark goal saving tracking back tackles)

I remember him having a good game when we drew 2-2 at the sty when he was very young for a ref (he's still only 35, seems to have been around forever), and he rightly spotted that Simonsen had collided with his own player and not ours as they were baying (oinking) for our equaliser to be disallowed. That said, our record under him is actually poor, W1 D3 L3 - the only win was against Cardiff in 2009. Last time he reffed us was ironically the FA Cup game against Manchester City.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Think a 4-0 defeat will be par.
A narrow loss and will see that as a moral victory and I can live with 4-5 goal defeat as Man City can do that to premier League clubs. 

But not to the mighty Wednesday, they'll struggle to get out of our half I heard, won't be much good when we're at the other end

44 minutes ago, farlego said:

i our bet regularly so only use 1 site. obviously not the best one for odds

try looking at oddschecker and if you open only 1 new bookies account betfair exchange is probably the best for odds

Edited by waynecoyne14

4 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

We still owe this lot one from 69/70.  :bullen:

We can't even blame them for that.

They tried their hardest to let us win.

It was us that FuckedUp...

AGAIN!!!!

Guest Bulgaria

The only faint hope I cling to is the fact that teams who are expected to get a reet mullering, rarely do.

Apart from losing 7-0 at City a few years ago.

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

But tonight is on national tv !!!! 

It is but our temperamental players will want to put in a performance for the cameras. 

Bannan will be well up for it for one, with all those BBC close ups to show off his new hair :biggrin:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Can’t we all start coughing really loudly at kick off so they call the game off in a panic?

Flippin cracking idea that.

I would throw in a bit of mooing and oinking for good measure.... swine flu and mad cow can be quite debilitating. If the ref isn’t buying it then clucking and flapping might just tip it in our favour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1