Only 11,000 sold for City game

Guest samowl

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

I've negged you again. :tango:

We're playing one of best teams in Europe, prices seem very fair to me, bargain price for kids. 

Recent poor run as affected sales but being on TV as contributed too. 

Neither affects my decision on going, we've been crap before and we'll be crap again but I'll still keep going. 

It's what loyal supporters do. 

If we are selling so few tickets for this game the club has got something wrong. They’ve misjudged how disillusioned people are. Full stop. 

• Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf
10 hours ago, torres said:

'troll''  ha ha ha - you can not be an adult if you have used that term

Plus, for when you grow up, it's spelt argument  

But you are trolling are you not?

As usual.

It’s back the same argument again though isn’t it?

The two things people that don’t go to games moan about are ticket prices and the opposition. I’m not paying £40 quid to watch us play Cardiff!

so the ticket price, at £25 is around the Mark people argue it should be, and the opposition are one of the top sides in Europe.

And yet I would bet most have those who have bought tickets for tonight are season ticket holders.

But I’m not going as I’m away, so I’m not entitled to an opinion.

12 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Ticket prices are the same for both games. If tickets were a tenner people still wouldnt go tbh. 

Can you blame them?

Midweek fixture, it's on BBC1 anyway, team is in dreadful form, threat of relegation looming, no one cares about the cup these days.

I think the ticket prices are too expensive.  But it's just one of several reasons why fans aren't bothered about tomorrow's fixture.  The life has been sucked out of the club.

12 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

The Arsenal game?

Wasnt that when “Carlos the Clown” (as christened on here), was running the team. 

Must be mistaken mate, cos I’m assured (on here) he never put a foot right.

Kick-a-ball did way more damage to our club than what he got right.  Look at his legacy here.  We're still in recovery from his managerial reign.

It was a decent performance against Arsenal's reserves though.

Plus he took us to Wembley, where his team couldn't lay a glove on little Hull City in the biggest game this club has had for 20 years.

DC couldn't appoint the right manager to save his life.  Luhukay & Monk have both failed.  Carvalhal was the worst of the lot for me.

4 hours ago, bradowl said:

We're playing one of best teams in Europe, prices seem very fair to me, bargain price for kids. 

Neither affects my decision on going, we've been crap before and we'll be crap again but I'll still keep going. 

Good for you.  But just because it doesn't affect your decision to go regardless of whether we are shít to watch or not, doesn't mean it won't be part of other fan's consideration.

And why shouldn't it?  £25/30 is on the expensive side when we are so shít to watch IMO.

• Haha 1

The FA Cup has become a joke, and initially made so by the worst side of Manchester.

it's a case these days of which prem junior side is playing which hopeful EFL side.
Yet

Here was the perfect chance to drag people back to the club, a prefect opportunity.

Yet again squandered due to GREED. This chairman can't think two steps ahead, let alone ten.

Get the place full and give the players a chance of a win bonus, get the pride back into the club.

The players don't give a to55 about the club, but they do money. That's obvious. So play to their needs and at least

give the fans some hope.... No....Instead..... you get this.

Total apathy for a game that should have seen Hillsborough bouncing again. We bounced against Wycombe

and had the place thundering, and now we get.... silence.... against a club that should have meant a full house.
 What the hell does that tell you about the utter destruction this chairman has brought on this club ? 

He's been conned ( His naivety ) Stubborn ( His pride ) and foolish ( We are family )

Up the Owls

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest mkowl

I hate to say that I don't think 10 quid tickets would have boosted numbers that much. 

I don't even think its disrespect for the FA Cup amongst our fans.

This is everything to do with current form, the joyless experience of going to games for over 3 years now with our playing style and a dis-satisfaction with how the Club is being run. 

So you have season ticket holders who aren't bothered. 

Our POTG strategy has basically done what a lot of us suggested would happen, that casual fan base that would ordinarily snap up tickets like gold dust have been lost - possibly for good. Reaped what was sown there. 

Owlstalk: "Carlos wreaked havoc on our club, and damaged it far more than anyone realises"

Also Owlstalk: "Yes but Chansiri got us to the play offs twice"

Poor sales. Suppose the recent form and being on telly doesn’t help! It will be embarrassing to see the ground half empty.

Is £30 to much for non-members? I think so. 

£20 for adults, £10 for u18’s/OAPS anywhere in the ground would have been much more appealing. 

I’ll be there though UTO

Guest Bulgaria

Nowt to do with the ticket price tonight.

It's all due to fans fed up of us being spanked and the team showing no fight.

It's that simple.

Edited by Bulgaria

33 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

It's that simple.

Yep this.

It would be a sell out in most situations. 

8 hours ago, bradowl said:

You actually think the ticket prices are ok then , really ? Massive mistake in my eyes charging so much as usual . 

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

It's that simple.

Yes it has something to do with ticket prices , only way Chansiri would get away with charging so much and filling the stadium is if we were riding high and playing well , it’s on tv , midweek , fans who have been recently are mentally scarred that’s for sure but £30 in the kop is too much , chance to help out the long suffering fans and as per he’s blown it 

• Haha 1

Me and young one,aged 6,are season ticket holders and not attending tonight.

Reason- he is 6 and usually in bed for 8,I will make an exception and let him stay up and watch on tv.

He is gutted that he cannot go but his sleep and schooling come first.

So to me it's not about how much the tickets are,but the FA making the last 16 ,of a once great cup competition,to be played midweek.

I am sure there are lot more parents/grandparents who would have attended this game with there young ones,if it had been a weekend game.

So I am not laying the entire blame on our club,as I feel the FA have once again showed lack of respect to the Cup and fans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maldino2004 said:

Well as far as I’m concerned kudos to the 13.000 or so that are willing to show their support for the team in the face of adversity. 

Maybe the chairman ought to recognise us as well.... especially as this will probably be the home attendance next season ( all season tickets) the way things are going

We will be the only source of external income.....he needs to understand that

all night game attendances everywhere are lower than a wkd , its the greed in football what has caused this. having 5 weekends cancelled due to internationals is largely the reason , sitting in the freezing cold aint fun but the efl,prem,fa don't give a rats arse about paying supporters , we ended up playing Chelsea last season at some stupid time on a sunday and was a job getting last train back. I think the game is fairly priced ,five less wouldn't have made more than 1-200 extra go me thinks . why sell out in league cup against arsenal reserves? but cant make it in fa cup against one of best teams in world? man city will have nearly there best team out ,it wont be any u23 team like Liverpool who totally disrespect the fa cup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can feel everyone getting cup fever this morning and the place will be full to the rafters 

We then beat Man City 2-0 with both goals coming from Tom Lees 35 yard free kicks 

We then go on a stupendous run in the league, getting into the play off final 

Making two trips to Wembley having beat Newcastle in the 1/4 finals and the Pigs in the semi's

Having done the double DC then gets next years kit out before August at an affordable price 

Gone too far with that last line haven't I??

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, torres said:

I can feel everyone getting cup fever this morning and the place will be full to the rafters 

We then beat Man City 2-0 with both goals coming from Tom Lees 35 yard free kicks 

We then go on a stupendous run in the league, getting into the play off final 

Making two trips to Wembley having beat Newcastle in the 1/4 finals and the Pigs in the semi's

Having done the double DC then gets next years kit out before August at an affordable price 

Gone too far with that last line haven't I??

Drugs n Weetabix, never a good cocktail. :ohmy: