Only 11,000 sold for City game

Guest samowl

12 hours ago, bradowl said:

I've negged you again. :tango:

We're playing one of best teams in Europe, prices seem very fair to me, bargain price for kids. 

Recent poor run as affected sales but being on TV as contributed too. 

Neither affects my decision on going, we've been crap before and we'll be crap again but I'll still keep going. 

It's what loyal supporters do. 

Lucky you , it’s good you can afford  not all loyal fans can.

9 minutes ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Wed supporters are the most loyal there is, sell out every game, 25,000+ at Hillsborough despite a poor season every home game.

It`s just disappointing we can`t sell this game out, especially with it being on the Tv.

When we are back in the Prem, and every game is a sell out, you moaners remember games like this when you couldn`t be bothered to go.

I'm not sure you’ve actually stepped foot in Hillsborough recently but it’s hardly been a sell out has it, let’s not sugar coat what’s going on at the club and how it’s affected attendances. 

Success will see people return there’s no doubt. 

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

My Son summed up our attendance

Rather be there to see us get beat than stay away and miss us winning.

Unlikely,  but in the event that we do pull out all the stops and get a result , it will be something to remember.

Absolutely no chance of getting any positive result tonight , never felt as negative about that as tonight before.

12 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Lucky you , it’s good you can afford  not all loyal fans can.

They can all afford it when they want to .  Thats not a dig or criticism, its based on history.

Not a point you can argue with, if we were top 2, playing lovely flowing football and we were drawn at home against any of the top 5 in Premier League, it wouldnt be an issue .

If somehow we beat Man City and draw Sheff Utd / Chelsea / Man Utd  in Qtrs ... at £30 a ticket, i bet they can somehow afford it and dont get me started in if by some miracle we made semis at Wembley .....

Edited by Vaughan
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Wed supporters are the most loyal there is, sell out every game, 25,000+ at Hillsborough despite a poor season every home game.

It`s just disappointing we can`t sell this game out, especially with it being on the Tv.

When we are back in the Prem, and every game is a sell out, you moaners remember games like this when you couldn`t be bothered to go.

Love your optimism, when , not if !!! 

12 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

They can all afford it when they want to .  Thats not a dig or criticism, its based on history.

Not a point you can argue with, if we were top 2, playing lovely flowing football and we were drawn at home against any of the top 5 in Premier League, it wouldnt be an issue .

If somehow we beat Man City and draw Sheff Utd / Chelsea / Man Utd  in Qtrs ... at £30 a ticket, i bet they can somehow afford it and dont get me started in if by some miracle we made semis at Wembley .....

I see your point but it’s moments like walking out after 70 mins 5-0 down against Blackburn for over £30 that hurt me more . I still doubt we would sell out under Chansiri prices  week in week out , one off games yes no doubt. There has to be some sort of value for money even if you are loyal surely ? 

31 minutes ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Even for a parody account, you overdo it way too much.

Guest mkowl
3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

My Son summed up our attendance

Rather be there to see us get beat than stay away and miss us winning.

Unlikely,  but in the event that we do pull out all the stops and get a result , it will be something to remember.

That is part of the problem not just with our football club but all of them. They trade off this misplaced loyalty of fans, that you can constantly charge top dollar for a poor product and experience, like many that aspect you mention of being there just in case has probably driven a lot of people. 

Unfortunately I just think that is becoming weakened. That trade off of one good game / performance for the 10 mundane or rubbish ones is just too great 

I spent 5 hours on Saturday travelling, I wrestled the car back through Jorge. For a game that was over in 30 minutes 

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

You've hit the nail on the head. Going to Hillsborough drains your energy and enthusiasm. 

You don't feel like you've paid a privilege to see a sports event. You basically pay out of your backside to see 11 well paid men criminally underplay, 500 away fans taunt you and for the wind to whip through the corner of the ground and take your face off. Which is the best bit. 

Its quiet, dull and miserable going to Hillsborough. 

Exactly this...... but the worst thing about it is the kid, the next generation who are coming through. This should really be a great opportunity for some of the young uns seeing Wednesday against world class opposition in a noisy colourful stadium, but recent performances are killing peoples excitement.

We take 3 lads with us, all season ticket holders aged 8 to 16. You can see their enthusuasm being drained out of them. Going to Hillsborough isnt fun any more and you can see it in their faces that the abject performances are ruining ot for a whole generation of future owls. I remember past games where we had gotten beat, yet the fans still made some noise. There was often a loud rallying cry from the fans if we fell behind. But lately supporters are reflecting the players with their "CBA" attitude.

When it starts to feel like a chore to the kids... thats when we have a real problem

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Yet our highest attendance in the last 8 years was for a Tuesday night game in the 4th round of the League Cup...

If we were playing well in the league, tickets were a fiver lower and it wasn't live on terrestrial TV we'd have got 25k minimum, probably 30k. But we're not, they're not and it is, so that makes the decision to not bother going much easier to make for a lot of people. I absolutely don't blame them tbh (I'm going by the way)

well im going , and will still be in league 1 or 2 . if you don't like whats going on at your club attend and voice you opinions after game ,maybe even protest if it gets that bad . it seems that only our hardcore supporters give a rats arse while rest leave at half time. im far from a happy clapper and its upsetting me whats going off and where it may all lead to. hopefully miracles can happen we stay up and chansiri sells the club to new owners who wont alienate the support ,get supporters going again(which wont be easy) and have a long term plan for club like Bristol city,brentford,preston etc do ,and by employing someone to oversea this above a head coach/manager. 

1 hour ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

FFS I'd love a pint of what you're having. Agree we have loyal supporters but not sure whether we've had 25000 Owls all season and many times it's been between 14/18000 ( Chancer thinks it's better to include the ticket holders who don't attend so when he comes to sell he can say " Well just look at our crowds "). Been going since the days of Bronco, Holliday, and Vic Mobley and have never been in a season when we've sold out every game. Can remember us having 31/32000 average twice in the middle of the Cup Final appearance in the mid 60's. Still think this could be the shock result of the season.

Edited by Buckwheat

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

Exactly this...... but the worst thing about it is the kid, the next generation who are coming through. This should really be a great opportunity for some of the young uns seeing Wednesday against world class opposition in a noisy colourful stadium, but recent performances are killing peoples excitement.

We take 3 lads with us, all season ticket holders aged 8 to 16. You can see their enthusuasm being drained out of them. Going to Hillsborough isnt fun any more and you can see it in their faces that the abject performances are ruining ot for a whole generation of future owls. I remember past games where we had gotten beat, yet the fans still made some noise. There was often a loud rallying cry from the fans if we fell behind. But lately supporters are reflecting the players with their "CBA" attitude.

When it starts to feel like a chore to the kids... thats when we have a real problem

its the same with my kids they are losing interest and youngest im almost forcing to go lately. its plain an obvious that the players aint putting in enough effort ,look on Saturday how little closing down what was been done. man city could easily get 10 tonight , but they might just settle for 3 and then just keep the ball and slow the game down and save energy for wkd and next week. 

1 hour ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

there is more chance of us been in northern premier league than premier league within 5 years and im been serious . don't know what your smoking m8 or drinking but I could do with a bottle. 

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

FFS I'd love a pint of what you're having. Agree we have loyal supporters but not sure whether we've had 25000 Owls all season and many times it's been between 14/18000 ( Chancer thinks it's better to include the ticket holders who don't attend so when he comes to sell he can say " Well just look at our crowds "). Been going since the days of Bronco, Holliday, and Vic Mobley and have never been in a season when we've sold out every game. Can remember us having 31/32000 average twice in the middle of the Cup Final appearance in the mid 60's. Still think this could be the shock result of the season.

Good post till.i read the last sentence

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mkowl said:

That is part of the problem not just with our football club but all of them. They trade off this misplaced loyalty of fans, that you can constantly charge top dollar for a poor product and experience, like many that aspect you mention of being there just in case has probably driven a lot of people. 

Unfortunately I just think that is becoming weakened. That trade off of one good game / performance for the 10 mundane or rubbish ones is just too great 

I spent 5 hours on Saturday travelling, I wrestled the car back through Jorge. For a game that was over in 30 minutes 

misplaced loyalty ?

where else should we place it.