Only 11,000 sold for City game

Guest samowl

Guest Bulgaria
11 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Exactly this...... but the worst thing about it is the kid, the next generation who are coming through. This should really be a great opportunity for some of the young uns seeing Wednesday against world class opposition in a noisy colourful stadium, but recent performances are killing peoples excitement.

We take 3 lads with us, all season ticket holders aged 8 to 16. You can see their enthusuasm being drained out of them. Going to Hillsborough isnt fun any more and you can see it in their faces that the abject performances are ruining ot for a whole generation of future owls. I remember past games where we had gotten beat, yet the fans still made some noise. There was often a loud rallying cry from the fans if we fell behind. But lately supporters are reflecting the players with their "CBA" attitude.

When it starts to feel like a chore to the kids... thats when we have a real problem

Absolutely

17 minutes ago, mkowl said:

That is part of the problem not just with our football club but all of them. They trade off this misplaced loyalty of fans, that you can constantly charge top dollar for a poor product and experience, like many that aspect you mention of being there just in case has probably driven a lot of people. 

Unfortunately I just think that is becoming weakened. That trade off of one good game / performance for the 10 mundane or rubbish ones is just too great 

I spent 5 hours on Saturday travelling, I wrestled the car back through Jorge. For a game that was over in 30 minutes 

We are , especially like you who has to travel so far and spend so long ,starting to question is it worth it . I doubt I could ever stop going altogether but I now pick and choose games , will be there tonight all the same 

1 hour ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Wed supporters are the most loyal there is, sell out every game, 25,000+ at Hillsborough despite a poor season every home game.

It`s just disappointing we can`t sell this game out, especially with it being on the Tv.

When we are back in the Prem, and every game is a sell out, you moaners remember games like this when you couldn`t be bothered to go.

Sorry that should be sell out every AWAY game, and which two Wed fans gave this a negative mark?

are you saying Wed fans aren`t loyal? , or are you the usual armchair `fans`

Edited by Parsons Cross Owl
  • Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, trev said:

Basically is there any scenario where we would have sold out tonight? Maybe if it was the pigs?

If we were playing good football, scoring goals, near the top of the league and we had a manager that actually inspired you, then I think we would have sold out tonight.

Guest 1banana2banana

How many we sold then? Went off track slightly this with the usual 

‘if you don’t go tonight then you should be banned from seeing us when we are successful again’ lot 

imagine if it was a sell out tonight 

chansiri would think all is well with the players, prices and squad no doubt 😂 

10 minutes ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Sorry that should be sell out every AWAY game, and which two Wed fans gave this a negative mark?

are you saying Wed fans aren`t loyal? , or are you the usual armchair `fans`

We have a good away support but don’t think we sold out Blackburn or Wigan away this season. Be surprised if we sell out Bristol City or Swansea aswell 

2 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

How many we sold then? Went off track slightly this with the usual 

‘if you don’t go tonight then you should be banned from seeing us when we are successful again’ lot 

imagine if it was a sell out tonight 

chansiri would think all is well with the players, prices and squad no doubt 😂 

About 11,050 

25 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

We have a good away support but don’t think we sold out Blackburn or Wigan away this season. Be surprised if we sell out Bristol City or Swansea aswell 

would have sold blackburn out but £40 put a lot off . wigan away was impossible for most of us once it was moved to tues night on a Saturday we might have been pushing 5000 . we sold 8000 at city in cup 4-5years ago and would have took many more if given tickets. our hardcore support follows us everywhere but we are mostly getting older so in 10 plus years time that figure will drop off a lot as chansiri is ruining the long term future of this club but driving supporters away and not getting younger supporters interested . its a big jump once you get to 18 and a lot cant afford it. 

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Well at least I should get drink in the Shakey before hand without a problem I suppose.

yer sure will. when game was 1st announced I thought sell out , was shocked how few are bothered . we all know we are getting beat maybe well beaten but id like to see man citys players at Hillsborough as it could be a very long time before we draw a big club in cup again. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

yer sure will. when game was 1st announced I thought sell out , was shocked how few are bothered . we all know we are getting beat maybe well beaten but id like to see man citys players at Hillsborough as it could be a very long time before we draw a big club in cup again. 

perhaps people got used to drawing the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, but it doesn't happen every year

It's a weird one this.

If league attendances were at at a low, but then we'd sold out tonight against the champions, we would be slated.

Instead league attendances are steady and we've sold very little in a big glamour tie.

So fans not going can hardly be criticised. 

As others have said the Arsenal game was a lesser game but sold out. 

Absolutely no question to me that this is a statement against Chansiri and his running of the club.

Even if tickets were cheaper I don't think it would make a significant difference. 

2 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

It's a weird one this.

If league attendances were at at a low, but then we'd sold out tonight against the champions, we would be slated.

Instead league attendances are steady and we've sold very little in a big glamour tie.

So fans not going can hardly be criticised. 

As others have said the Arsenal game was a lesser game but sold out. 

Absolutely no question to me that this is a statement against Chansiri and his running of the club.

Even if tickets were cheaper I don't think it would make a significant difference. 

League attendances are being propped up by season ticket holders and away fans. It remains to be seen how they hold up next season.

There’s not been more than a couple of thousand Wednesday fans that have paid on the door for any league game this season