Only 11,000 sold for City game

Guest samowl

A large crowd for the game after the appalling displays in the weeks prior would be embarrassing. 

Happy to see people protesting in the correct way. With the refusal to hand over their hard earned cash

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

I don't think anyone has ever said that first season was anything other than fantastic. It was after the Hull game that it all unravelled. 

WHAT!!!!!

Seriously????

The man gets unadulterated abuse where that first season is only seen in the context of the perceived abject failure in the play offs.

He usually gets zero credit whatsoever even for the entertainment provided in that first season.

11 minutes ago, poite said:

A large crowd for the game after the appalling displays in the weeks prior would be embarrassing. 

Happy to see people protesting in the correct way. With the refusal to hand over their hard earned cash

Embarressing have a full stadium stop talking s***

10 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

WHAT!!!!!

Seriously????

The man gets unadulterated abuse where that first season is only seen in the context of the perceived abject failure in the play offs.

He usually gets zero credit whatsoever even for the entertainment provided in that first season.

Carlos is a good coach, comes across well as a bloke and he had some top championship players to work with in those first two seasons.

It’s more the recruitment that he gets stick for. Personally I don’t think he had that much say in the recruitment. And even he did, why did DC leave recruitment to a coach with no previous experience in English football?

19 minutes ago, poite said:

Wow... have a word with yourself man

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

It was a lot different when Blackburn won it, it’s that long ago we were still competing at the top level. Even Arsenal haven’t won it for 16 years and Leicester was a one off that I’d be surprised if we see again.

To be fair the closed shop could be said about how all the top leagues across Europe have become in the last 20 years. That’s more of a gripe about football in general than just the premier league 

That's why financial fair play rules are such a farce, they are based on profits or turnover, so the teams at the top with the bigger turnover get bigger and the rest stay in their place.

American sports are not great, like the world series with only one country competing but one thing they do is level the playing field, every team starts with the same budget and the better teams rise to the top and it's not always the same team that wins every year.team

can you imagine if clubs like Burnley or Wolves had the same financial clout as Man Utd or Chelsea it would no longer be the same 5 or 6 teams in all the European competitions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Last time Rangers or Celtic failed to win the league was 1984-5 when Aberdeen won it.  Under Alex Ferguson I believe.

Got to admit I'd sooner watch a full blooded Hibs v Hearts Edinburgh derby than a tippy tappy Arsenal v Chelsea match.  But maybe I've just got used to watching us.

Anyway back to Owls v Man C.........

I watched Hibs V Hearts earlier this season - 2 hours of my life wasted, the quality made some of the dross we have seen this season look like the latter stages of the Champions League.

4 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Well I’m pleased you were able to respond to the question in such a rational, mature fashion, as well as totally understanding the point being made. Cheers mate.

You did use the SPL to make your point and he responded to that to be fair. 

3 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Not really? It's a weird thing to care about. I file it under the same bracket as people who care about FIFA Ultimate Team cards, like watching Sky's transfer deadline totaliser going up, or the sort of joyless freaks who simply can't enjoy Messi and Ronaldo because there simply MUST only be one who is better. 

If I must, the Bundesliga currently has 5 teams with a genuine shot at the title and has more about it that I like as a league, so I'll say that. Serie A finally has a much overdue title race too. I'll be tuning into Hibs vs Hearts tonight which I'm probably more interested by than any of this weekends Premier League fixtures. I'm sure all this makes me some sort of football hipster vs THE RICHES OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE but there we are.

Agree with this. The standard of La Liga has dropped of last couple of seasons with Barca having an unbalanced squad, Real losing Ronaldo and Atletico losing a couple of key players but at least they have a title race. 

Good to see Serie A becoming more competitive this season as you say and the Bundesliga has a fairer structure than the PL.

The quality of City and Liverpool is some of the best in the world no doubt but the league as a whole is not up to the hype. Leicester have looked good but Man Utd, derided all season, could finish top four, as could Spurs & Chelsea who are both nowhere near what they have been in recent seasons. Then you get half the league who will be happy just to be involved for another season if they avoid the bottom 3. 

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You did use the SPL to make your point and he responded to that to be fair. 

Then he didn't understand the point very well.

I said this season's Premier League has an even less competitive title race than the SPL. As in, the SPL being the lowest possible standard of title race and yet this Prem season being somehow even worse.

21 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

The  turnstiles need to come back where you didn't need to get tickets first, just hand cash over. How did they still know the exact attendance announced in them days at half time. By click or somet. 

by counting how many go in

image.gif.86ec7967c1d78b5d8af2e12b96fb0bea.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Very few would moan if prices were at a sensible and sustainable level.

Charging fans £25/30 for this fixture when we’ve been in such poor form this year was a mistake by the club.

The fans aren’t to blame for the club’s lack of common sense here.  And I think the little snipes at our supporters by you in the last couple of pages are uncalled for.

@bradowl @dan1980

Explain why you negged this post?  What is it you disagree with?  Do you not think that our poor form has contributed to poor ticket sales?

I've negged you again. :tango:

We're playing one of best teams in Europe, prices seem very fair to me, bargain price for kids. 

Recent poor run as affected sales but being on TV as contributed too. 

Neither affects my decision on going, we've been crap before and we'll be crap again but I'll still keep going. 

It's what loyal supporters do. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Agree with this. The standard of La Liga has dropped of last couple of seasons with Barca having an unbalanced squad, Real losing Ronaldo and Atletico losing a couple of key players but at least they have a title race. 

Good to see Serie A becoming more competitive this season as you say and the Bundesliga has a fairer structure than the PL.

The quality of City and Liverpool is some of the best in the world no doubt but the league as a whole is not up to the hype. Leicester have looked good but Man Utd, derided all season, could finish top four, as could Spurs & Chelsea who are both nowhere near what they have been in recent seasons. Then you get half the league who will be happy just to be involved for another season if they avoid the bottom 3. 

Agree. It's not that great/interesting a league