Only 11,000 sold for City game

Guest samowl

13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

The Arsenal game?

Wasnt that when “Carlos the Clown” (as christened on here), was running the team. 

Must be mistaken mate, cos I’m assured (on here) he never put a foot right.

I don't think anyone has ever said that first season was anything other than fantastic. It was after the Hull game that it all unravelled. 

Guest Ferkorf
2 minutes ago, torres said:

Ooooooooookay

slowly backs away from the mad man 

Hes the mad man yet you're the one thats been trying to troll him into an arguement lol

41 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Ticket prices are the same for both games. If tickets were a tenner people still wouldnt go tbh. 

If it was a tenner a ticket there’d have been quite a few extra thousand sold though? May not have been a sell out still but it’d have been a lot bigger than this.

I agree that price isn’t the main reason that fans aren’t going but the club underestimated the current level of apathy among the fanbase when putting the tickets on sale for this

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

If it was a tenner a ticket there’d have been quite a few extra thousand sold though? May not have been a sell out still but it’d have been a lot bigger than this.

I agree that price isn’t the main reason that fans aren’t going but the club underestimated the current level of apathy among the fanbase when putting the tickets on sale for this

I honestly don't think it would have brought that many more.

But a tenner a ticket to see us play  Man City? Really?

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Hes the mad man yet you're the one thats been trying to troll him into an arguement lol

'troll''  ha ha ha - you can not be an adult if you have used that term

Plus, for when you grow up, it's spelt argument  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I honestly don't think it would have brought that many more.

But a tenner a ticket to see us play  Man City? Really?

We must have anticipated selling more to open all 3 ends to home fans?

Could have done it as a 10er a ticket and given City half the south stand or the grandstand.

I think we’d have got close to a sell out with that

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

We must have anticipated selling more to open all 3 ends to home fans?

Could have done it as a 10er a ticket and given City half the south stand or the grandstand.

I think we’d have got close to a sell out with that

Each round has a minimum price per round agreement with the FA, don't know the exact amount, but this round is around £18-£20.

28 minutes ago, torres said:

Yep of course, but just don't be daft about it

Man City are currently one of the top teams in the whole of Europe and the Premier League is arguably the best in the world 

I’d genuinely love to know on what basis people think the Premier League is the best League in the world in this day and age.

Currently has a less competitive title race than in Scotland - infact points wise its the least competitive in Europe - and it’s absolutely turgid week in week out. Throw VAR into the mix just for a laugh..

53 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Amazing that Man City aren’t a big enough draw, and I blame the sorry state of football and our owner for that rather than pointing the finger at our fans. 

I’ve genuinely no interest in watching us play Man City, the champions of England. One of the least appealing clubs in the least appealing league.

Give over.   City were a big club even when they were in the 3rd tier, losing at home to Stockport County (which they did, 1-2).

They were lucky in that they got rich owners and could spend.

We got rich owners and couldn't spend, due to FFP.   It's the Wednesday way. We could have signed Messi as a lad and he would probably have fallen in the Don and drowned.

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’d genuinely love to know on what basis people think the Premier League is the best League in the world in this day and age.

Currently has a less competitive title race than in Scotland - infact points wise its the least competitive in Europe - and it’s absolutely turgid week in week out. Throw VAR into the mix just for a laugh..

You are right, the Scottish Premier League is miles better.

I apologise 

1 minute ago, torres said:

I apologise 

Well I’m pleased you were able to respond to the question in such a rational, mature fashion, as well as totally understanding the point being made. Cheers mate.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Give over.   City were a big club even when they were in the 3rd tier, losing at home to Stockport County (which they did, 1-2).

They were lucky in that they got rich owners and could spend.

We got rich owners and couldn't spend, due to FFP.   It's the Wednesday way. We could have signed Messi as a lad and he would probably have fallen in the Don and drowned.

Thanks for the history lesson - you’re welcome to your own opinion. 

3 minutes ago, torres said:

I apologise 

Last time Rangers or Celtic failed to win the league was 1984-5 when Aberdeen won it.  Under Alex Ferguson I believe.

Got to admit I'd sooner watch a full blooded Hibs v Hearts Edinburgh derby than a tippy tappy Arsenal v Chelsea match.  But maybe I've just got used to watching us.

Anyway back to Owls v Man C.........

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Well I’m pleased you were able to respond to the question in such a rational, mature fashion, as well as totally understanding the point being made. Cheers mate.

The Premier League is the most watched league in the world 

The Premier League had both teams in the final of the Champions League

The Premier League had both teams in the final of the Europa League 

The Premier League has some of the most iconic teams and players in the world 

The Premier League has the most exciting games in any league, fast paced, technical ability, aggression wise 

Any more??

3 minutes ago, torres said:

The Premier League is the most watched league in the world 

The Premier League had both teams in the final of the Champions League

The Premier League had both teams in the final of the Europa League 

The Premier League has some of the most iconic teams and players in the world 

The Premier League has the most exciting games in any league, fast paced, technical ability, aggression wise 

Any more??

Premier League produced the world club champions?

• Like 1