Jump to content
samowl

Only 11,000 sold for City game

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

 

He must be desperate...

 

:tongue:

Those were his exact words 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, torres said:

 

So?

 

 

 

 

 

Well if I’m going to watch The New Saints of Oswestry Town & Llansantffraid Football Club then I’m obviously not going to watch Wednesday first or second am I.

 

:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

 

Well if I’m going to watch The New Saints of Oswestry Town & Llansantffraid Football Club then I’m obviously not going to watch Wednesday first or second am I.

 

:blink:

 

Makes perfect sense why you are here then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You actually think the ticket prices are ok then , really ? Massive mistake in my eyes charging so much as usual . 

If we were on form and showing some fight the ticket prices wouldn't be a big issue.

 

Trust me, I ain't no fan of our ticket prices but tonight's prices are not too bad.

 

I think it's difficult to charge prices that resemble the teams form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

If we were on form and showing some fight the ticket prices wouldn't be a big issue.

 

Trust me, I ain't no fan of our ticket prices but tonight's prices are not too bad.

 

I think it's difficult to charge prices that resemble the teams form.

Refund then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Man City just aren’t that big of a draw.

 

The attendance will demonstrate that tonight and they’re going to have to face some cold hard facts.

 

If it was Man Utd or Liverpool instead of Man City do we think we would have sold more?

 

Is this a case of Man City still not having the x factor that Utd and Liverpool have due to history?

 

Or is it because they are such a machine that our fans know we don't stand a chance. 

 

Or is it due to it being on TV?

 

Basically is there any scenario where we would have sold out tonight? Maybe if it was the pigs?

 

Maybe we just don't have as many fans as we think anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is bullshit, stadium ought to be packed.. we're at home in the FA cup quarter finals meeting the current 2nd best team in England. We finally got a great draw, I'm sure the players will suddenly find something extra because this is the window where they can and should shine, if they have any marketing sense.

 

Hope the numbers are wrong and we'll be seeing a lively Hillsborough tonight and a performance the fans will want to remember, even if we slip to a 0-1 or 0-2 defeat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(damn, this prozac is pretty good!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, trev said:

 

If it was Man Utd or Liverpool instead of Man City do we think we would have sold more?

 

Is this a case of Man City still not having the x factor that Utd and Liverpool have due to history?

 

Or is it because they are such a machine that our fans know we don't stand a chance. 

 

Or is it due to it being on TV?

 

Basically is there any scenario where we would have sold out tonight? Maybe if it was the pigs?

 

Maybe we just don't have as many fans as we think anymore...

 

You know how big a club you are when things are not going well 

You know what kind of supporter you are when things are not going well 

 

I do however think that there are circumstances beyond the fans control that have all to come a head at this particular stage and made it a real effort to attend (effort is not the right word)

 

I think its more of a case of the club has let the supporters down rather than anything else tonight  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

This is bullshit, stadium ought to be packed.. we're at home in the FA cup quarter finals meeting the current 2nd best team in England. We finally got a great draw, I'm sure the players will suddenly find something extra because this is the window where they can and should shine, if they have any marketing sense.

 

Hope the numbers are wrong and we'll be seeing a lively Hillsborough tonight and a performance the fans will want to remember, even if we slip to a 0-1 or 0-2 defeat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(damn, this prozac is pretty good!)

5th round isn't quarters

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, trev said:

 

If it was Man Utd or Liverpool instead of Man City do we think we would have sold more?

 

Is this a case of Man City still not having the x factor that Utd and Liverpool have due to history?

 

Or is it because they are such a machine that our fans know we don't stand a chance. 

 

Or is it due to it being on TV?

 

Basically is there any scenario where we would have sold out tonight? Maybe if it was the pigs?

 

Maybe we just don't have as many fans as we think anymore...

 

I was taking the pïss really but I do think those clubs would be a bigger draw. There’s nothing exciting about getting a drubbing by AFC Abu Dhabi, although I appreciate we’ve clearly got some pretty big City fans posting in the thread.

 

However I think it’s the general apathy and loss of form that’s mostly to blame here (and it being on TV).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really cannot be bothered tonight.  Thoroughly uninspired.  NONE of our usual season ticket group are going to it.  My love for the powers that be and a lot of the players on the pitch is seriously waining.

 

I've got a ticket though.  I just let out a huge sigh as i typed that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would people feel if by some miracle held City to a respectable draw other 90 minutes? I know not very likely (stop laughing and pick yourselves up off the floor):ghoulguy:

 

Would this wee wee you off more knowing that they are capable when they can be arsed of playing half decent when they can't be arsed against lesser teams, especially given the tripe we have had to witness at Hillsborough this season???

 

I know SOME players MIGHT go that extra yard with it being on tv against such stellar opposition (again stop laughing) 

 

For what it's worth i think we will get battered but just putting it out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

all night game attendances everywhere are lower than a wkd , its the greed in football what has caused this. having 5 weekends cancelled due to internationals is largely the reason , sitting in the freezing cold aint fun but the efl,prem,fa don't give a rats arse about paying supporters , we ended up playing Chelsea last season at some stupid time on a sunday and was a job getting last train back. I think the game is fairly priced ,five less wouldn't have made more than 1-200 extra go me thinks . why sell out in league cup against arsenal reserves? but cant make it in fa cup against one of best teams in world? man city will have nearly there best team out ,it wont be any u23 team like Liverpool who totally disrespect the fa cup. 

 

Yet our highest attendance in the last 8 years was for a Tuesday night game in the 4th round of the League Cup...

 

If we were playing well in the league, tickets were a fiver lower and it wasn't live on terrestrial TV we'd have got 25k minimum, probably 30k. But we're not, they're not and it is, so that makes the decision to not bother going much easier to make for a lot of people. I absolutely don't blame them tbh (I'm going by the way)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mkowl said:

I hate to say that I don't think 10 quid tickets would have boosted numbers that much. 

 

I don't even think its disrespect for the FA Cup amongst our fans.

 

This is everything to do with current form, the joyless experience of going to games for over 3 years now with our playing style and a dis-satisfaction with how the Club is being run. 

 

So you have season ticket holders who aren't bothered. 

 

Our POTG strategy has basically done what a lot of us suggested would happen, that casual fan base that would ordinarily snap up tickets like gold dust have been lost - possibly for good. Reaped what was sown there. 

 

You've hit the nail on the head. Going to Hillsborough drains your energy and enthusiasm. 

 

You don't feel like you've paid a privilege to see a sports event. You basically pay out of your backside to see 11 well paid men criminally underplay, 500 away fans taunt you and for the wind to whip through the corner of the ground and take your face off. Which is the best bit. 

 

Its quiet, dull and miserable going to Hillsborough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

How would people feel if by some miracle held City to a respectable draw other 90 minutes?

 

Frankly, I'd be delighted (well, not delighted exactly, but you know what I mean) if we kept them to less than 4 goals. And that's the difference between City and the other big teams in the cups. When we played Chelsea last season, I didn't expect us to win, but I'd have been disappointed to lose by more than 4. With City, for teams in our position and form, it's a good day if you lose by less than 5. With the other big teams, you might get a chance if they throw in a few kids/reserves. But even City's reserve side is good enough to qualify for the Champions League. I suppose a miracle could happen, but what with the way we're playing (especially at home), plus it being on free-to-air TV, plus all the other factors people have mentioned, I can see why people aren't going.

Edited by Sova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

5th round isn't quarters

Small matter !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

You've hit the nail on the head. Going to Hillsborough drains your energy and enthusiasm. 

 

You don't feel like you've paid a privilege to see a sports event. You basically pay out of your backside to see 11 well paid men criminally underplay, 500 away fans taunt you and for the wind to whip through the corner of the ground and take your face off. Which is the best bit. 

 

Its quiet, dull and miserable going to Hillsborough. 

You lost that loving feeling then !! Doesn’t entering the ground , seeing the pitch make you realise why you are there anymore ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

You lost that loving feeling then !! Doesn’t entering the ground , seeing the pitch make you realise why you are there anymore ? 

 

No I love all that. I love the build up and excitement. I love being with friends and other fans. Its the 90 minutes that ruins it. Of course that will all change at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wiltonowl said:

Me and young one,aged 6,are season ticket holders and not attending tonight.

Reason- he is 6 and usually in bed for 8,I will make an exception and let him stay up and watch on tv.

He is gutted that he cannot go but his sleep and schooling come first.

So to me it's not about how much the tickets are,but the FA making the last 16 ,of a once great cup competition,to be played midweek.

I am sure there are lot more parents/grandparents who would have attended this game with there young ones,if it had been a weekend game.

So I am not laying the entire blame on our club,as I feel the FA have once again showed lack of respect to the Cup and fans.

 

I agree with this, being played midweek is also a reason for poor ticket sales which hasn't been mentioned yet. 

 

Possibly knocked 4 to 5,000 off gate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

How would people feel if by some miracle held City to a respectable draw other 90 minutes? I know not very likely (stop laughing and pick yourselves up off the floor):ghoulguy:

 

Would this wee wee you off more knowing that they are capable when they can be arsed of playing half decent when they can't be arsed against lesser teams, especially given the tripe we have had to witness at Hillsborough this season???

 

I know SOME players MIGHT go that extra yard with it being on tv against such stellar opposition (again stop laughing) 

 

For what it's worth i think we will get battered but just putting it out there.

I think most would be wondering as to why City only played with 5 men.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...