Stop blaming the players - it’s Monk

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

One thing that dispels all the thoughts that this is Monks fault is this..

These players are players that are supposedly playing for a new contract.. 

And they’re playing like they are.

No way that’s Monk’s fault

Amen . 

it’s time the dodgy defence , crap strikers and backwards passing golden boy bannan were shipped out . Sick to the back teeth of the lot of them 

• Like 2

There are scary similarities between Lukuhay’s last 3 or 4 months in the job and this current spell under Monk. Bruce had the same players and did ok and even though some would disagree so did Carlos.

At the moment there is obvious question marks over Monk’s ability to do the job that’s required. Personally I think if he’s not sacked very soon we’re going to go down?

Guest Bulgaria
43 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

What I don't get is why Monk tells the players to allow deflected goals into our net and give away the ball in our half instead of clearing it. Especially after he told them not to do it on Wednesday night. You'd think he'd learn. 

Obviously you have a point, but these hammerings can't continue.

It's time to think about Monks departure.

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

There are scary similarities between Lukuhay’s last 3 or 4 months in the job and this current spell under Monk. Bruce had the same players and did ok and even though some would disagree so did Carlos.

At the moment there is obvious question marks over Monk’s ability to do the job that’s required. Personally I think if he’s not sacked very soon we’re going to go down?

When Bruce came in I think we were 14th and went on to finish 12th. He had 15-20 games with the players? After the same amount of time with monk we were 3rd. 

54 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Monk could have Liverpool’s squad and it would go wrong. 

He has blasted the players for mistakes and lack of effort time and time again. Many fans have lapped this up - evident yesterday with chants of “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” echoing round Hillsborough. 

Of course players have good days and bad days and they make mistakes. But for me the manager has to take full responsibility for our current position. The players look lost. They are frustrated at the tactics. 

They aren’t performing because they are trying to make a broken formula work. 

You could argue Monk has had a bad deal without his own coaching team but we were warned about this happening by fans of other clubs. 

The situation has become critical and Monk has to go. These players confidence is shot and they need someone with new ideas and fresh energy to fix it. 

Monk out! 

The players are as much to blame as Monk. These players got us to third in the league before Christmas remember. Now they have downed tools. 

• Like 1

Briliant opening post from CrookesOwl:

"Of course players have good days and bad days and they make mistakes. But for me the manager has to take full responsibility for our current position. The players look lost. They are frustrated at the tactics. 

You could argue Monk has had a bad deal without his own coaching team but we were warned about this happening by fans of other clubs. 
The situation has become critical and Monk has to go. These players confidence is shot and they need someone with new ideas and fresh energy to fix it. 
Monk out
!"

Monk is the classic case of the Emperor's clothes as this toxic man has no vision, no way of playing and is so uninspiring it is amazing that he is till our manager.

10 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Obviously you have a point, but these hammerings can't continue.

It's time to think about Monks departure.

Let’s be clear.

Monk might have struggled recently but changing the manager again will fix nothing 

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

Monk could have Liverpool’s squad and it would go wrong. 

He has blasted the players for mistakes and lack of effort time and time again. Many fans have lapped this up - evident yesterday with chants of “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” echoing round Hillsborough. 

Of course players have good days and bad days and they make mistakes. But for me the manager has to take full responsibility for our current position. The players look lost. They are frustrated at the tactics. 

Monk out! 

He had us 3rd on 22/12/19 mate. We weren't brilliant then but we were methodical and pragmatic. Now it appears to me that this same core group of players (who have thrown 3 previous managers under the bus), have simply downed tools.

You cannot legislate for the wicked deflection for the first yesterday but the other two goals are absolutely avoidable.

Guest Ferkorf

Stop blaming those players that cant string two passes together.

Make a decent challenge or hit a cows arse with a banjo

Quick edit.... 

Monk is just as awful too.

Making jos look like a worldie but the true problem lies further up the chain of command.

Chansiri. 

Needs to get hands on or sell up 

Edited by Ferkorf

Guest Ferkorf
3 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

You cannot legislate for the wicked deflection for the first yesterday

I was saying this yesterday, with this bad form has come an extreme amount of rotten luck aswell.

We are totally down and out at the moment

The Toxic Monk said time and again in his drab, boring and repetitive post match interview that the deflection cost us.

Well I think if we had a proper CDM playing then the Derby player should not have been in a position to get a shot in anyway.

Ahh but our only CDM, i.e. Sam Hutchinson, was sat at home watching Final Score.

6 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

The Toxic Monk said time and again in his drab, boring and repetitive post match interview that the deflection cost us.

Well I think if we had a proper CDM playing then the Derby player should not have been in a position to get a shot in anyway.

Ahh but our only CDM, i.e. Sam Hutchinson, was sat at home watching Final Score.

Think you put the word toxic in front of the wrong person in that post

Owlstalk Shop

Primarily I think it’s the players. They've have been bottling it since the second play offs defeat. Bunch of Billy Big Wotsits who it seems will only play  for who they want to when they want to. Players have consistently demonstrated that they have no spine and no loyalty to the club or the fans. Add to that the stupid £££ contracts they're on meaning the could never be sold and you have a perfect storm. 

49 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Amen . 

it’s time the dodgy defence , crap strikers and backwards passing golden boy bannan were shipped out . Sick to the back teeth of the lot of them 

Spot on, players are just not good enough. New contract, they had better hope the MLS starts a league 2! Otherwise they will be teaching soccerskills at Butlins