FAO the Dawson Supporters

Guest Theboylangers

You'll get hammered for this. 

For me, you play your best players. We have a keeper that although slightly on the wane, is still 10 times the player that Dawson will ever be. 

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

How long before you realise a keeper that concedes 2 goals a game most of the the time me just isn’t good enough?

NO Keeper could have done anything when defenders are assisting the other team. The score would be the same whoever was in the net .

• Like 1

What a petulant opening post. I'm right - you're wrong, ner ner ner-ner ner-ner.

I remember Peter Schmeichel conceding 13 in a single week when he was only the unquestioned best in the world. Did he become a pub player with no fingers for seven days?

When we went third, opponents had scored only 4 in 6 games, with Dawson in goal. Was he a different player then? And Westwood had conceded two in three consecutive games prior to that.

Does this team look like the only problem is the goalkeeper? Put Westwood in and everything's great again?

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bronxowl said:

As soon as Westwood was dropped (injured) who phuking cares...

the writing was on the wall....Dawson is not phuking good enough

In Westwood's last four games our record was W0 D2 L2. Then he was replaced and that changed to W4 D2 L0.

The idea that our only issue is the goalkeeper is a shameless exercise in scapegoating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The problem is he dose not command defence and not vocal enough. Difference between a mediocre keeper and an good one unfortunately. I always thought Wildsmith was better than Dawson because of it. Schmeichel was always very good at marshalling the defence. 

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

In Westwood's last four games our record was W0 D2 L2. Then he was replaced and that changed to W4 D2 L0.

The idea that our only issue is the goalkeeper is a shameless exercise in scapegoating.

He’s not the only issue, but having Westwood in goal gives the whole team confidence.

Hes not the future

Guest Theboylangers
7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

And the record since then?

Just for balance. 

23 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Which of the goals today was he at fault for?

Should have saved the 2nd.

Better chocolate fingers than Cadbury.

Once again 75% of shots on target are goals

If Westwood isn’t in the picture then Wildsmith should get an opportunity.

Dawson’s form and stats are unacceptably bad