FAO the Dawson Supporters

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

@sam1 has proper got his crybaby pants filling up.

:dry:

Passed arguing on the topic, if half of our fans are happy with that standard of keeping we have a league 1/ bottom 3 championship mind set and it's where we are heading. 

39 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

He clearly doesn’t manage his defence though - Westwood can do this

How many times do we see our defenders looking to make a decision - they need someone in their ear all the time and Westwood does it

The number of games our defence have played they should be able to make the decisions off their own. 

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

What a petulant opening post. I'm right - you're wrong, ner ner ner-ner ner-ner.

I remember Peter Schmeichel conceding 13 in a single week when he was only the unquestioned best in the world. Did he become a pub player with no fingers for seven days?

When we went third, opponents had scored only 4 in 6 games, with Dawson in goal. Was he a different player then? And Westwood had conceded two in three consecutive games prior to that.

Does this team look like the only problem is the goalkeeper? Put Westwood in and everything's great again?

It’s not about me being right or being wrong. That said Dawson must’ve conceded the best part of 70 goals or more while he’s been our first choice under Jos and now Monk. How many times have we conceded 3, 4 or 5 at Home as well? All I’m saying is how long do we give him until we realise he’s not good enough perhaps a 10-0 dicking by Man City in front of the nation? Oh and if I come across as petulant, I’m truly sorry 😛

1 minute ago, sam1 said:

Passed arguing on the topic, if half of our fans are happy with that standard of keeping we have a league 1/ bottom 3 championship mind set and it's where we are heading. 

As I suspected. You're not actually reading or thinking about anything. A quick sense that I think the situation is a bit more complicated than the angry mob bleat it is and that's all you need to see. Then a bit of straw man arguing for good measure.

I see you upvoted a post regarding the fella who started the season as our 4th goalkeeper. Care to expand on his merits?

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

That said Dawson must’ve conceded the best part of 70 goals or more while he’s been our first choice under Jos and now Monk. How many times have we conceded 3, 4 or 5 at Home as well? All I’m saying is how long do we give him until we realise he’s not good enough perhaps a 10-0 dicking by Man City in front of the nation? 

Wouldn't you agree that the two periods you highlighted also coincide with the worst spells in our recent history? Under Luhukay, we had about four months where most of the first team was unavailable through injury or whatever and since Boxing Day, the whole team's performances have jumped off a cliff. Do you seriously think putting in Westwood or Wildsmith suddenly fixes it all? They won't be tracking runners, winning tackles, retaining possession, driving forward or scoring goals.

Dawson may be a problem, but he is not the problem.

44 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I don’t support individuals, I support Sheffield Wednesday and try not to look for scapegoats when the fault for this current shambles lies with players, manager and owner.  You couldn’t even wait until the end of the game before having a pop, which is a bit poor in my book.

I think you’ll find the game was over at H-T. And in my book constantly selecting a keeper who is so far off it is more than a bit poor 😐

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Wouldn't you agree that the two periods you highlighted also coincide with the worst spells in our recent history? Under Luhukay, we had about four months where most of the first team was unavailable through injury or whatever and since Boxing Day, the whole team's performances have jumped off a cliff. Do you seriously think putting in Westwood or Wildsmith suddenly fixes it all? They won't be tracking runners, winning tackles, retaining possession, driving forward or scoring goals.

So you’ve admitted he’s a problem then? You might think Westwood’s best days are behind him but you play your best players and he’s our best keeper.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

As I suspected. You're not actually reading or thinking about anything. A quick sense that I think the situation is a bit more complicated than the angry mob bleat it is and that's all you need to see. Then a bit of straw man arguing for good measure.

I see you upvoted a post regarding the fella who started the season as our 4th goalkeeper. Care to expand on his merits?

I'd give Wildsmith a chance and if that doesn't work out I'd give Jones a go before we ever come back to this shambles of a 25 year old goal keeper who is still working out which way he likes to drop kick a football. 

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

In Westwood's last four games our record was W0 D2 L2. Then he was replaced and that changed to W4 D2 L0.

The idea that our only issue is the goalkeeper is a shameless exercise in scapegoating.

Don’t go spoiling some of our fans, wild, un-researched accusations with dam facts, what’s the matter with you man?

Edited by Spookone
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

Dawson was at fault for the first two goals that i saw. But long term, in the modern game, if you have a goalkeeper who cannot kick a ball then he will never be good enough.

Which goals did you see. Cos if you saw the first, the huge deflection, nothing he could do about that ...

26 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Of course it is. But there's more to it than the bloke between the posts. Before Dawson came in apparently for keeps, Westwood had conceded 2 in each of the previous three games. The collapse in form of the central defenders, the modest talent at full back and our lack of a commanding presence in midfield are also big factors. Winning games is also a problem when you can't score, and we weren't all that prolific before Fletcher's injury.

Anyone who judges any player just on the numbers is a lost cause. Until recently, Dawson's statistics were slightly better than Westwood's. Have either of them transformed into different players recently? I also suspect some of the factors are unknown outside of the dressing room.

Don’t even try and stack Westwood’s Goals concedes per game v Dawson’s

16 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I agree but a keeper that can't kick a ball in the modern game will never be the answer.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Don’t even try and stack Westwood’s Goals concedes per game v Dawson’s

How do you think they would have looked if Dawson had been in our play-off teams and Westwood during the injury devastation under Luhukay and the current team-wide slump? There's much more to the numbers than who is in goal.