FAO the Dawson Supporters

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

How do you think they would have looked if Dawson had been in our play-off teams and Westwood during the injury devastation under Luhukay and the current team-wide slump? There's much more to the numbers than who is in goal.

Westwood was a key part of that team, you're defeating your own argument.

Its tough to choose,i really like young players coming through. Dawson needs to be played,but if he is having a wobble them lets take hi out the firing line and play westwood or wildsmith..

Westwood has been poor this year,he is indeed on the wane..but we should be using both to keep each other on their feet,which should bring out the best in them

cant decide?

heres some help..

outside options..

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

How do you think they would have looked if Dawson had been in our play-off teams and Westwood during the injury devastation under Luhukay and the current team-wide slump? There's much more to the numbers than who is in goal.

Are you Cameron’s dad?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

We’d have never got anywhere near the play offs with Dawson in goal.

As proven this season and last.

That is such a weird, weird post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

We’d have never got anywhere near the play offs with Dawson in goal.

As proven this season and last.

That is such a weird, weird post

Is it? If Liverpool and Norwich swapped goalkeepers would they keep conceding goals at the same rate as before? Or do all the other factors suddenly come into focus?

And you are implicitly blaming Dawson for our results there. Your vendetta against one player when the whole team is culpable is what is really weird.

Edited by DJMortimer

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Is that your idea of a cogent argument?

Nuance is dying in the social media age. 

No, it’s not.

if you’d like a reasonable argument there’s plenty already provided above.

You just seen intent on defending a goalkeeper who, through no fault of his own, is completely out of his depth for the 2nd consecutive season.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

So you’ve admitted he’s a problem then? You might think Westwood’s best days are behind him but you play your best players and he’s our best keeper.

I think Dawson is becoming part of the problem, but don’t like the way you have singled him out.  There can be no doubt Westwood’s best days are behind him, and (depending on who you believe) he’s either been ‘injured’ or refused to sit on the bench - looking forward to seeing the back of him.  Would rather Wildsmith given another chance than go back on bended knee to Westwood.

Edited by Steve Down South
  • Like 1

Despite any weakness’ Dawson May have you cannot blame him for the players in front of him making school boy errors allowing the opposition 3 easy goals

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Interestingly, in the games they've started together this season, our record is W4 D2 L6.

Don't want to read too much into that, but it does not conform with the accepted wisdom of what has happened recently.

I'd take that record instead of what we have endured in the last 12 league games!

Of course Dawson isn't the only problem but his own form is a problem. He got his place in the team on merit but his current form is not just a blip and as such he should be dropped.

It is ridiculous that a goal keeper who returned to form last season and signed a 2-year contract this summer is not even considered for selection.

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Is it? If Liverpool and Norwich swapped goalkeepers would they keep conceding goals at the same rate as before? Or do all the other factors suddenly come into focus?

And you are implicitly blaming Dawson for our results there. Your vendetta against one player when the whole team is culpable is what is really weird.

you call my post saying two goals a game is too much ‘primary school nonsense’

and then you post about keepers swapping at HT?

Weirdo.

if you think I’m blaming Dawson, go check my player ratings.

7 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Wouldn't it be brilliant if we could find a keeper that kept a record number of clean sheets 2 seasons in a row.

Probably cost a bit because those types of keepers win you points.

Can't agree enough, strong managers deal with strong characters and still maintain discipline AND results. I don't know all the story, none of us do but i bet a Big Jack, Big Ron ect would get the best out of ALL these players.