FAO the Dawson Supporters

3 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Can't agree enough, strong managers deal with strong characters and still maintain discipline AND results. I don't know all the story, none of us do but i bet a Big Jack, Big Ron ect would get the best out of ALL these players.

You only have to look at the difference when Bruce came in.

Edited by 0wl18

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Only seen it live but thought he could have made a better effort for the first goal. Kicking is awful. Madness that we don't use Westwood

Whats madness is stupid f**krs blaming him for the first goal

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, j17tjp said:

if Derby can bang 3 in by half time, imagine how many Man City are going to smash past him. 
Liverpool have won the league so I imagine MC will go all out to get this cup as consolation. 

Liverpool have won the league and yet £80m Allison is being torn a new one using the same basis as those on here are using to judge our keeper.

• Thanks 1

I’ve no idea if Dawson will ever be as good a keeper as Westwood was, and ordinarily I would expect to see him rested, with Westwood coming back in.  However, Westwood seems to have ruled himself out through his apparent reluctance to put the team first, so I would (reluctantly) support the manager on his keeper selection.  As for today:

Goal 1 - One of those things, although could Bannan have closed down player on edge of box?

Goal 2 - Thought Dawson could have done better, but badly let down by both Lees (who used to be a decent defender) and Palmer (who has never been able to defend).

Goal 3 - Harris loses possession and Bannan makes no real effort to track runner.

Mistakes happening all over the pitch, but some just want to blame Dawson for everything.  He’s far from perfect but he’s never (to my knowledge) refused to play!

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I’ve no idea if Dawson will ever be as good a keeper as Westwood was, and ordinarily I would expect to see him rested, with Westwood coming back in.  However, Westwood seems to have ruled himself out through his apparent reluctance to put the team first, so I would (reluctantly) support the manager on his keeper selection.  As for today:

Goal 1 - One of those things, although could Bannan have closed down player on edge of box?

Goal 2 - Thought Dawson could have done better, but badly let down by both Lees (who used to be a decent defender) and Palmer (who has never been able to defend).

Goal 3 - Harris loses possession and Bannan makes no real effort to track runner.

Mistakes happening all over the pitch, but some just want to blame Dawson for everything.  He’s far from perfect but he’s never (to my knowledge) refused to play!

When things go badly, the fans need a scapegoat. Dawson is an easy target. Last season it was Fox. 

Its in the football fans DNA. Tonight, some people will be questioning Klopp.

Having just given him a new contract, there’s no point kicking him while he’s down. 

Im sure he’ll come back stronger next season, but the next 10 games will test his resolve. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tudders said:

You judge a keeper by their ability, not by how many they concede. Conceding goals isn’t just down to the keeper.

Agree with this. 

Which is why I am also one of the people who thinks he's not good enough 

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

When things go badly, the fans need a scapegoat. Dawson is an easy target. Last season it was Fox. 

Its in the football fans DNA. Tonight, some people will be questioning Klopp.

Having just given him a new contract, there’s no point kicking him while he’s down. 

Im sure he’ll come back stronger next season, but the next 10 games will test his resolve. 

Yeah, that's normal.

It's the post match press conference. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I read the statement Westwood put out.

Nowhere did he did say he wanted to play for our club.

Nowhere did he say he was willing to sit on the bench and fight for his place.

Why would he when his manager has told him he's not in his plans. Seemed very final to me

2 hours ago, Tudders said:

You judge a keeper by their ability, not by how many they concede. Conceding goals isn’t just down to the keeper.

I am only talking about today... for the 2nd and 3rd goals Dawson was hung out to dry by the players in front of him. Saying that he’s another one that looks nervy. His distribution is a bit erratic.

3 minutes ago, poite said:

Why would he when his manager has told him he's not in his plans. Seemed very final to me

Perhaps if he is bothered he should be trying to force the manager to change his mind.

That’s what most players who wanted to play would be doing.

6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Yeah, that's normal.

It's the post match press conference. :rolleyes:

That’s all we need, a bloody comedian. This is supposed to be a doom and gloom thread.

The end is nigh...

now you’ve a got a chance to quote coronavirus, or whatever it’s called.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Watford_owl said:

The problem is he dose not command defence and not vocal enough. Difference between a mediocre keeper and an good one unfortunately. I always thought Wildsmith was better than Dawson because of it. Schmeichel was always very good at marshalling the defence. 

What the hell could Dawson do about any of those goals today?  Just because he's in the net its his fault?  Thats seems to be your logic. 

99% of goalkeepers in this league would have not saved those . 

17 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Perhaps if he is bothered he should be trying to force the manager to change his mind.

That’s what most players who wanted to play would be doing.

He has been training. What more can he do?

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What the hell could Dawson do about any of those goals today?  Just because he's in the net its his fault?  Thats seems to be your logic. 

99% of goalkeepers in this league would have not saved those . 

Apart from the second, which was relatively routine for a keeper of Dawson’s standard