Dawson and Pelupessy Combo...

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I've said pretty much from the start that he isn't good enough but as you say that isn't his fault, he is what he is and at least he always gives his all, which can't be said of them all.

He should not be in the squad and Monk subbing him at half-time two games in a row says a lot about his selection but is there really any need to resort to childish name calling given you don't think it is his fault? 

Gi'o'er mate.

I'm not calling him names, I'm decribing his style of play.

11 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Always feel a bit nervous when I see both these names appear together in the starting XI, it just seems like we never really win much when they start games together.

Wondered whether it was just personal bias or fact, so I looked it up.

Essentially from 1st January 2019 - 22nd February 2020 we have won 2 league games when both of these guys start.

2018 was slightly better, there was a spell in early 2018/19 where we had 3 wins on the bounce with them both in the side. But aside from that, it’s pretty grim reading.

that's a terrible stat,ffs

31 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

I can see pelupessy getting a new deal, monk keeps picking him so seems to like him, in the summer can see Lee and hutch being let go windass will go back and luongo is a crock, would only leave bannan so joey will get a new deal and be a squad man 

weve some poor squad men ain't we,i would get rid i don't see what he offers..

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s a joke because you have to account for a players ability as well.. by Monk’s logic, if we had Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah but they were only able to train once a week to manage injuries, he’d bin them off and go with Pelupessy and Nuhui instead. It’s all about doing the business on a Saturday afternoon and the players he picks don’t do it while the ones sat at home generally do when selected. Irritating to say the least especially when paying a fortune for tickets 

spot on bud

11 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Always feel a bit nervous when I see both these names appear together in the starting XI, it just seems like we never really win much when they start games together.

Essentially from 1st January 2019 - 22nd February 2020 we have won 2 league games when both of these guys start.

2018 was slightly better, there was a spell in early 2018/19 where we had 3 wins on the bounce with them both in the side. But aside from that, it’s pretty grim reading.

Shocking stat... How many times they started together over this period... Just wondering put of how many are the 2 wins. 

I have seen plenty of Pelupessy , and I get to see the young uns now and again and no agenda , just being honest , and even allowing for not knowing how a young un reacts to first team football I would happily see Ben Hughes, Alex Hunt, Liam Waldock, Connor Grant or Liam Shaw get a chance rather than watch JP looking so out of his depth anymore.

13 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Take a look at the stats when Fox plays since he came here 3 years ago...equally appalling if not worse

Our central midfield is a huge concern.  It need major surgery in the summer transfer window.

• Pelupessy just isn’t good enough.  Needs replacing when released this summer.
  • Bannan is our best midfielder but he’s wasted in a midfield two.
  • Luongo has played a disappointingly low amount of games.  At 27 years old I was expecting better.
  • Lee is a decent option but he’s in the final years of his career.  Needs replacing if released this summer.
  • The Hutchinson situation has been done to death.  Needs replacing when released this summer.

A total lack of forethought by the club has created this mess.

Baffling that more wasn’t done to strengthen this area in the summer and January transfer windows.

Why have we left ourselves in such a ridiculous position?

6 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

I can see pelupessy getting a new deal, monk keeps picking him so seems to like him, in the summer can see Lee and hutch being let go windass will go back and luongo is a crock, would only leave bannan so joey will get a new deal and be a squad man 

I would rather we dig up the corpse of Johnny Eck, put him in a shirt & just lob him into the middle of the pitch at the beginning of each game than see Pelupessy get a new deal.

• Haha 2

I really wish Monk would play one of the young lads in the team ahead of Pessy. Baffling that Pessy is starting games, he offers us next to nothing. I hope Pessy is let go at the end of the season and pray that he isn’t the type of player Monk wants in his team next season. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

A point that hasn't really come up - we lack leadership in defence. When Westwood is playing, he becomes the leader, essentially martialling everyone into position and helping them to stay focused.  Dawson is a good keeper but he doesn't have the experience or maybe the personality to be a strong leader in that regard. So we're then left with the centre backs, and it appears like Lees has lost some confidence, but he really is the guy that needs to show leadership right now.  He seems quiet these days.  Iofra is playing there out of necessity and Borner seems to blow hot and cold.  What I don't see is anyone in that John Terry mould, vocally keeping the intensity and focus across the back line.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Hang on a minute...

They started TWICE together from 1st Jan 2019 to end Jan 2020, winning one and drawing one.

And have only started five times this season, all in the last month.

So what you are actually saying is that last season we did fine with those two starting, and in the past month we have been crap with them and crap without them.

• Haha 1