Dawson and Pelupessy Combo...

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

So what you are actually saying is that last season we did fine with those two starting, and in the past month we have been crap with them and crap without them.

Well quite. Plus, they both played 90 minutes v Brighton and QPR in the cup.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Personally I think we will see better performances from Pelupessy and Dawson when all of us stop calling for Westwood and Hutchinson to replace them everytime they play.

Why?

It's not as if fans are singing Westwood's name at Hillsborough and Pelupessy doens't keep getting subbed off at half-time because a few people are singing about Huthinson.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why?

It's not as if fans are singing Westwood's name at Hillsborough and Pelupessy doens't keep getting subbed off at half-time because a few people are singing about Huthinson.

Maybe this would effect Dawson more than Pelupessy. But it cant be easy for the players knowing that all the fans want them replaced everytime the teamsheet comes out. 

Had Westwood left in January I think we would have seen a more confident Dawson knowing he truly is number one.

There is a chance that Pelupessy may just be awful and it has nothing to do with Hutchinson in his shadow.

lol

48 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Hang on a minute...

They started TWICE together from 1st Jan 2019 to end Jan 2020, winning one and drawing one.

And have only started five times this season, all in the last month.

So what you are actually saying is that last season we did fine with those two starting, and in the past month we have been crap with them and crap without them.

Actually not quite.

What I’m saying is we’re better when we have one or the other...not both.

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Despite the fact you even mention that the most they’ve started together is the last month...how did we do?

Our last 11 games.

3 defeats and two draws with them starting.

v

5 defeats and a win when they didn’t start. It was nil-nil in the win until Joey came on at Leeds. We scored both goals with him on.

Like I said...crap with, crap without. 

26 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Our last 11 games.

3 defeats and two draws with them starting.

v

5 defeats and a win when they didn’t start. It was nil-nil in the win until Joey came on at Leeds. We scored both goals with him on.

Like I said...crap with, crap without. 

So we’ve done crap when they’ve both started as I said.

7 hours ago, WL_Owl_JC said:

A point that hasn't really come up - we lack leadership in defence. When Westwood is playing, he becomes the leader, essentially martialling everyone into position and helping them to stay focused.  Dawson is a good keeper but he doesn't have the experience or maybe the personality to be a strong leader in that regard. So we're then left with the centre backs, and it appears like Lees has lost some confidence, but he really is the guy that needs to show leadership right now.  He seems quiet these days.  Iofra is playing there out of necessity and Borner seems to blow hot and cold.  What I don't see is anyone in that John Terry mould, vocally keeping the intensity and focus across the back line.

Brilliant observation.

Westwood is larger than life on the pitch. Bossy, gobby, pointy (3 of the 10 dwarfs but from a different father) and in your face. 

I did notice that when Dawson came in he’d learned from KW and was louder and more confident, but it has waned a bit. 

5 hours ago, Stoop said:

The midfield is the main problem for me

When Loungo is back I think we’ll start to look abit more solid. Bannan, Pelupessy and Lee aren’t the most physically imposing figures to provide protection for a back 4 

Vicious circle though.

Play a Lee-Bannan-Luongo midfield and you can only have one striker (Fletch of course). 

Tough call.