Dawson and Pelupessy Combo...

Always feel a bit nervous when I see both these names appear together in the starting XI, it just seems like we never really win much when they start games together.

Wondered whether it was just personal bias or fact, so I looked it up.

Essentially from 1st January 2019 - 22nd February 2020 we have won 2 league games when both of these guys start.

2018 was slightly better, there was a spell in early 2018/19 where we had 3 wins on the bounce with them both in the side. But aside from that, it’s pretty grim reading.

Edited by McRightSide

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Pelupessey is league 1, Dawson will get better. It doesn’t help playing in front of a defence who have been horrid last few months. I’m definitely willing to give him time yet 

League 1 is generous IMO

Dont think he’s cut out for English pro football personally.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Dawson must have his confidence shot to bits by that defense he's got. He will get better with better players around him

Pelupessy is just totally crap and needs to go back to Holland 

Börner, Palmer, Iorfa, Fox, Odubajo and Lees are the players we’ve had all season and are all under contract beyond this season too

Dawson had no chance with any goal today

1st goal Murphy for some reason decides to swing his leg at a ball and shanks it

2nd goal between the defence and Pelupessy they manage to be outmuscled by the brum forwards

3rd goal Lees looses header and rest of defence don’t help leaving hogan a free shot

Pissypussy is one of the worst CM players I've ever seen at Hillsborough.

We moved Jose Semedo on because he was deemed not to be championship quality.

Well this excuse for a footballer isn't fit to lick theshit off his shoes.

I don't blame him though. I blame Monk for picking him. I'd rather give Iorfa or Windass a go in CM. I genuinely don't understand how he gets a shirt. 

He should never play for Wednesday again.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

1st goal Murphy for some reason decides to swing his leg at a ball and shanks it

2nd goal between the defence and Pelupessy they manage to be outmuscled by the brum forwards

3rd goal Lees looses header and rest of defence don’t help leaving hogan a free shot

Think your missing  the point of this thread mate.

You're meant to say Westwood would have saved all threr and that wi Hutch an all we'd have probably won three nowt. 

• Haha 3

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

3 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I don't blame him though. I blame Monk for picking him. I'd rather give Iorfa or Windass a go in CM. I genuinely don't understand how he gets a shirt. 

Jose Semedo is the answer lets get him back, What’s Carlton Palmer or Gary Shelton doing these days.... Worth a contract?

42 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Some people will say this is harsh but it really does stretch this far with him. He’s that poor that he shouldn’t play again, and Monk is on another planet for continuing to pick him. I’d rather play an out of position player there ahead of him 

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

I never said he was at fault for anything today.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Always feel a bit nervous when I see both these names appear together in the starting XI, it just seems like we never really win much when they start games together.

Wondered whether it was just personal bias or fact, so I looked it up.

Essentially from 1st January 2019 - 22nd February 2020 we have won 2 league games when both of these guys start.

2018 was slightly better, there was a spell in early 2018/19 where we had 3 wins on the bounce with them both in the side. But aside from that, it’s pretty grim reading.

U sure about those stats? I'm aware  that 88.78% of stats are made up on the spot, but they are shocking? Although how many games has joey actually started in that time frame? Hutch gets a lot of stick on here about playing too deep positionally but defensively we are much better with him than without. Monk has certainly made a rod for his own back by excluding him and hasn't he subbed Joey at half time the last 2 games? Kind of an admission that he was wrong to start him......

2 minutes ago, WindygrOWLer said:

U sure about those stats? I'm aware  that 88.78% of stats are made up on the spot, but they are shocking? Although how many games has joey actually started in that time frame? Hutch gets a lot of stick on here about playing too deep positionally but defensively we are much better with him than without. Monk has certainly made a rod for his own back by excluding him and hasn't he subbed Joey at half time the last 2 games? Kind of an admission that he was wrong to start him......

Yep. I looked it up. Shocking right?

From memory he’s started about 35-40 games.

Obviously not all with Dawson, but shows my pessimism when I see both names starting is not way off

Subbed twice at half time in as many matches, yet still deemed suitable to start..... Mmm..... 

Comes back to same issue we had with Jos. Playing players who train all the time is all well and good, but if they are not playing at their (substandard) best, they are passengers. The team is it playing well enough or with enough character to carry them. Frustrating how some players are given performance or injury passes, when others aren't. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, splan80 said:

Subbed twice at half time in as many matches, yet still deemed suitable to start..... Mmm..... 

Comes back to same issue we had with Jos. Playing players who train all the time is all well and good, but if they are not playing at their (substandard) best, they are passengers. The team is it playing well enough or with enough character to carry them. Frustrating how some players are given performance or injury passes, when others aren't. 

It’s a joke because you have to account for a players ability as well.. by Monk’s logic, if we had Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah but they were only able to train once a week to manage injuries, he’d bin them off and go with Pelupessy and Nuhui instead. It’s all about doing the business on a Saturday afternoon and the players he picks don’t do it while the ones sat at home generally do when selected. Irritating to say the least especially when paying a fortune for tickets 

3 hours ago, Steelman said:

I've said pretty much from the start that he isn't good enough but as you say that isn't his fault, he is what he is and at least he always gives his all, which can't be said of them all.

He should not be in the squad and Monk subbing him at half-time two games in a row says a lot about his selection but is there really any need to resort to childish name calling given you don't think it is his fault?