Takeover Talks

3 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

It would be nice to sit here now and admire the tangible improvements brought about by his investment.

Sure, we now have a big screen, a half decent playing surface, a few players that are a considerable upgrade on what was here before and we could include a couple of decent cracks at Premier League football. Is that really very much when analysed against the negatives most notably the current dire financial situation that the club finds itself in that could potentially result in embargoes, points deductions and even relegation as a worst case scenario?

How many more times do people like you need to be told in A DIRE FINANCIAL SITUATION as our owner and benefactor keeps us solvent..We are just breaking the stupid and totally unfair EFL rules.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

I can only view it with an open mind. I wish had succeeded and achieved all of his aims. But from my perspective, I cannot even view his tenure to date in terms of glorious failure. He has made too many elementary mistakes that have ultimately resulted in the position that the club finds itself in today. I strongly believe that many of the mistakes would not have occurred with solid research and planning. Nobody should aim personal abuse at him. If that is happening, it should stop. Criticism is fair game though.

He was seen as an easy touch by some and some say badly advised. 

• Haha 1

Considering the amounts of money DC wants for mediocre players, can you imagine what he's asking for the entire club? 

This is why I believe a sale to be unlikely any time soon. Perhaps DC needs to lose another 100 million before he sees sense. He seems to be a very slow learner in football matters. 

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Tony Dalli expat and massive Owls fan gives Delle Valle heads up on Wednesday.

Heard my parents speak of him and how fond and proud they were of him making it big and coming from Sheffield. Worked his way up from the steel works after living in poverty. He was a massive Wednesday fan to boot. I think when either Juventus or Roma played, he acted in some sort of capacity. 

Come January, people like him won’t be welcome. 

9 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Considering the amounts of money DC wants for mediocre players, can you imagine what he's asking for the entire club? 

This is why I believe a sale to be unlikely any time soon. Perhaps DC needs to lose another 100 million before he sees sense. He seems to be a very slow learner in football matters. 

Not sure Dad will give him another 100 million to lose.

12 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

@DBowl has history of discussing boardroom type stuff. In 2018 she stated change will be apparent soon. 

Is it a real ITK account? Who knows, but nobody should be surprised if DC is trying to move the club along. 

If he is, at least he is still investing in players. 

I think we'd worked all that out for ourselves..lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Never thought I'd say this, but don't care how much money DC's replacement has, but he has to know how (or use someone who does) run a club properly.

No more stupid ticket prices. No more crackpot 10 year schemes. No more grubby fiddles.

Just a plan that's sensible and sustainable.

Like Geoffs was?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, pioowl said:

How many more times do people like you need to be told in A DIRE FINANCIAL SITUATION as our owner and benefactor keeps us solvent..We are just breaking the stupid and totally unfair EFL rules.

Aye, if you want to ignore the reasons why the club exceeded the limitations to such an extent in the first place. "People like me" run businesses and we have various constraints in which our businesses have to operate. Some of the constraints I am up against are unbalanced and unfair. I have to build in contingency to deal with the constraints. That is the difference between being a strategist and gambler.

It has now been proved that it is possible to operate within the confines of P & S and still remain competitive. Some clubs do and our city rivals have even achieved automatic promotion doing just that. There are other examples. Difficult yes but not impossible. What you are saying is nothing more than a poor excuse for financial mismanagement.

15 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Like Geoffs was?

Exactly..I mean 

"Changes are coming soon"

You can't really lose with such bloody specifics can you?

I reckon DC will need a proper excuse to walk...

With what we know of him, he will want to blame someone else...I reckon it will be us, the fans.

He will regale us of how much he has done..how ungrateful we have been, after he let us buy Jordan Rhodes etc etc etc..I mean does he honestly think we don't know that he bought Rhodes cos he wanted to...not  WE wanted him to?

What a f.ookin' ridiculous theory...I mean what we wanted was decent pricing, a steady rebuild after what was , to be fair to him a very good start...but since then?

Abdi

Emmanuelson

Van Aken

THAT F>>>OKIN' CAKE!!!

The coked up Owl!

Doyen..the clinging parasitic in house crap

Jos

He wasunlucky with the Bruce debacle...i'll give him that, that was a coup that could well have come off

What we got now...A manager who's s h*t scared of Blackburn, Hull Reading, Cardiff,,at sodding home

A chairman who couldn't sit tight and build patiently, within the rules of the league...and off we go to drag football through a courthouse, when in the past we have slated other clubs for dragging football through the courthouse.

Our grounds not our own, its his and could disappear on a f.ookin' whim..The whole club is a circus...F.ookin' takeover?

Who?

Who in their right minds would take this on?