Loadsamoney...

Guest Grandad

25 minutes ago, Animis said:

I don't think DC is here to spend on non on-the-pitch projects. Whether he would if we ever got into the PL, is another matter. 

Everton's new stadium will cost £500m. They'll be little change from around £100m for a refurb of Hillsborough. Without his family/TUF investment or PL revenue acting as a loan security, I can't see him being able to afford the major investment we'll need in the stadium and training facilities over the next 10 years.

And would he put up another 100m when he has already invested heavily and rightly or wrongly gets alot of abuse. Like you say we will have to be in the Premier League to find out.

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

Genuine question: what was wrong with the plans for the Lep in the World Cup bid? I thought they looked quite good.

Loads wrong IMO but obviously miles better than what we have now.

First one was not making use of the space behind the Kop. We need to build back to Penistone road. There would 5/6 floors of space for amenities and corporate spaces.

2 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Genuine question: what was wrong with the plans for the Lep in the World Cup bid? I thought they looked quite good.

Nowt wrong with them at all. Those plans would do perfectly for a revamp of the old girl . 

50 minutes ago, Grez Bez said:

Loads wrong IMO but obviously miles better than what we have now.

First one was not making use of the space behind the Kop. We need to build back to Penistone road. There would 5/6 floors of space for amenities and corporate spaces.

How were the plans for the Lep affected by not making use of the space behind the Kop?

Is anybody on here able to answer my question? I’m pretty sure it was written in fairly simple-to-understand terms.

I think Chansiri has only ever thought about one thing and that is promotion to the Prem.

It would appear that is not going so well...

Ironically, investment in the stadium, training ground, academy etc.,would probably put us in a much better position to fulfill the main aim.

I did hear that changes were made to the training ground buildings at Steve Bruce's request. That was probably more superficial than anything else.

Still - if you can get things off the pitch sorted, then you should eventually reap the benefits on the pitch.

Edited by SiJ

1 minute ago, Yellowbelly said:

Why spend money developing players when they’ll just get poached by PL clubs if they show any promise? Better let other clubs develop them and sign up the ones who don’t quite make the grade at your Man City’s, Man Utd’s etc.

Work both ways though.

Yes, there is the risk of losing someone, but you may also make a decent amount which can then reinvested in the first team.

I've never understood why DC had always said he'd wait until we're established in the Premier before deciding what to do with Hillsborough or a new stadium. Surely whether it's redeveloping Hillsborough or moving to a new stadium it preferably needs to be in place when we get to the Premier so we can maximum income from day one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Genuine question re: Leppings Lane....

How much would a complete rebuild cost compared to cost of building a new stadium?

I suspect there's no money going into redevelopment because we will move if we ever get to the Premier League. Same with the training facilities, we won't spend money because we don't own the land and we would possibly try to get training facilities near the new ground.

Pure speculation on my part.

If we are to stay at Hillsborough money should be invested in the ground but our own training facilities on the outskirts of town would make a lot of sense.

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, Grandad said:

I dont think they will give any blowback at all?

Surely this is a brilliant way to get round the FFP - granted it might take a little longer but we could become the Chelsea of the Championship with a scheme like this. Sign up loads of talent, and loan it out to get experience.

How does this get round FFP? The only way the things you suggest we spend on is going to happen is when we get to the Premiership. DC is not going to spend millions and millions on the club when we are in this position, with a chance of going down to league 1. I've just realised I've probably been whooshed because you must be on a wind up.

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

How were the plans for the Lep affected by not making use of the space behind the Kop?

Is anybody on here able to answer my question? I’m pretty sure it was written in fairly simple-to-understand terms.

Calm down dear :biggrin:

Nothing wrong with the Lep plans IMO but the full plans lacked vision. You could argue that the Lep plans don't utilitise the area behind it.