Loadsamoney...

Guest Grandad

12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I dont think they will give any blowback at all?

Surely this is a brilliant way to get round the FFP - granted it might take a little longer but we could become the Chelsea of the Championship with a scheme like this. Sign up loads of talent, and loan it out to get experience.

Fully agree ... Must be my mischievous mind :Chansiri:

Just now, Grandad said:

How?

Investment in infrastructure and academy is excluded isn't it? 

Yes no dispute there, what I disagreed with was you saying it gets us round FFP.

It doesn't because as you rightfully say "investment in infrastructure and academy is excluded from FFP".

Therefore if Chansiri did as you suggest we would still fall foul of FFP as far as the EFL are concerned, unless we win the court case.

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

How?

Investment in infrastructure and academy is excluded isn't it? 

It's the way you phrased it, by saying "it would get round ffp",

there is no reason to mention ffp.

Both of you are on the same page, just a misunderstanding.

8 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Yes no dispute there, what I disagreed with was you saying it gets us round FFP.

It doesn't because as you rightfully say "investment in infrastructure and academy is excluded from FFP".

Therefore if Chansiri did as you suggest we would still fall foul of FFP as far as the EFL are concerned, unless we win the court case.

Ahhh

Then you misunderstood me.

I meant it gets us round FFP by producing players for money that's not counted against FFP - not buying them

Ive probably phrased it wrong. Sorry

12 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I thought it was excluded from P&S calculations.  

I suspect that, in the grand scheme of things, improving the academy and stadium does not massively increase the value of the club.  If an investor was looking at buying, getting promoted and selling, then improving the academy does not really factor in to that strategy.  

Agreed

But Mr Chansiri is on record numerous times as saying he's in this for the long term and wants to hand over the reins to his son

37 minutes ago, Grandad said:

We do keep hearing that weve loads of wonga - we just can't spend it cos of the EFLs FFP rules

As I understand FFP (yes I know its P&S) - investment in infrastructure and academy is excluded from FFP calculations. With that in mind wouldn't it be wise as a club thats gearing up for the Premier League to

a. Knock the Leppings Lane end down. And build a modern stand from the ground up, not another re-hash like the one that was planned for the World Cup bid?  A stand that could accomodate home supporters and allow for segregation too so that away supporters could also be housed in it?

b. Even more of a priority - and by far the most sensible investment. Relocate our Academy to a purpose built location - and make it the very best in South Yorkshire. United have had the upper hand on the Academy for far too long, and given their status now, will clean up local talent for years to come if we don't do something spectacular. Build something with living accomodation for players we've scouted from further afield, leisure facilities that can be shared with the community in the evenings, swimming pool, gyms, 4G pitches. Som,ething we can all be really proud of and that will bear fruit for years ahead?

Plans like this would give us all a boost. And we could utilise the Chairmans vast millions - without it affecting FFP at all.

Look at this of Citys...

excellent and sensible idea of course - which is why it won’t happen and we’ll probably just see another shell company appear selling donuts or something.

29 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Proper money needs to be spent on that though doesn't it.  Probably as much as he has already put in. 

I would imagine those sort of plans probably are there for if we get to the premier league.

Why isnt he doing it if he is so rich and cares about the club. Who knows. but I think it needs premier league money to be done though.

who‘a going to pay for the stand to be built D Taxis 

6 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I stopped reading at “gearing up for the premier league”

Only league we are gearing up for is L1

Your Avatar reminds me.

QueasyOrganicBlackfly-size_restricted.gif.42ef4feee0688b9a92b68f314a26723b.gif

:ohmy:

42 minutes ago, Grandad said:

We do keep hearing that weve loads of wonga - we just can't spend it cos of the EFLs FFP rules

As I understand FFP (yes I know its P&S) - investment in infrastructure and academy is excluded from FFP calculations. With that in mind wouldn't it be wise as a club thats gearing up for the Premier League to

a. Knock the Leppings Lane end down. And build a modern stand from the ground up, not another re-hash like the one that was planned for the World Cup bid?  A stand that could accomodate home supporters and allow for segregation too so that away supporters could also be housed in it?

b. Even more of a priority - and by far the most sensible investment. Relocate our Academy to a purpose built location - and make it the very best in South Yorkshire. United have had the upper hand on the Academy for far too long, and given their status now, will clean up local talent for years to come if we don't do something spectacular. Build something with living accomodation for players we've scouted from further afield, leisure facilities that can be shared with the community in the evenings, swimming pool, gyms, 4G pitches. Som,ething we can all be really proud of and that will bear fruit for years ahead?

Plans like this would give us all a boost. And we could utilise the Chairmans vast millions - without it affecting FFP at all.

Look at this of Citys...

I haven't had chance to read the rest of the thread, but, aren't City in the trouble they are in now because the owner put in £70m of his own. But Claimed it was from the £20m Etihad sponsorship deal? It a nice idea, that somewhat more complex in reality

12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Agreed

But Mr Chansiri is on record numerous times as saying he's in this for the long term and wants to hand over the reins to his son

I guess we will find out what his long-term plans are in the coming years. 

I was thinking about what improvements have been made to the stadium; scoreboard and advertising boards are the main two I could think of. Both of those can be used to bring advertising money into the club. Were they both done during DCs ownership?

15 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Ahhh

Then you misunderstood me.

I meant it gets us round FFP by producing players for money that's not counted against FFP - not buying them

Ive probably phrased it wrong. Sorry

Right, I see where you're coming from and agree with the philosophy.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Look at this of Citys...

This is why I would like Red Bull to buy us. Seeing what they did to basically build RB Leipzig from scratch including a new stadium and state of the art training facilities, says to me they know what they are doing.

I don't think DC is here to spend on non on-the-pitch projects. Whether he would if we ever got into the PL, is another matter. 

Everton's new stadium will cost £500m. They'll be little change from around £100m for a refurb of Hillsborough. Without his family/TUF investment or PL revenue acting as a loan security, I can't see him being able to afford the major investment we'll need in the stadium and training facilities over the next 10 years.