Loadsamoney...

Guest Grandad

10 hours ago, Grandad said:

It gets round FFP by producing players instead of buying them.

And the system required to produce them is exempt from the P&S assessment

No whooshing

I'd welcome any constructive investment in the club.

I'm not suggesting that this idea couldn't work, but can't readily think of an example of a team that has got from the Championship to the Premiership primarily off the back of academy produced players, Plus, the majority of teens that show consistent quality get snapped up by premiership clubs for relatively low fees (based on reading Scram's posts in the past). In terms of 'bang for your buck' I'd like to see us setting up a team of analysts and scouts to mimic Brentford's moneyball/SUFC's recruitment processes, as a priority ahead of piling cash into training/academy facilities. Give them a 5 year project with the aim of getting 5 or 6 of the first team in place and/or £X profit  on players identified, bought in and sold.

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Arent we losing something like £20m per year? (Thats about £400k per week)

I havnt a clue on the financial side as I thought chansiri funded the club but was informed in an other thread that the club is in debt to the tune of 100 million .who they are in debt to the poster couldn't answer  .....

35 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Probably a financial reason why we have not seen any real investment int he stadium, training facilities and the academy.
But also think its because Chansiri doesn't really have a feel for English football and isn't really interested in anything much beyond getting to the Premier League.

Tbf, it is hard to know what sort of resources Chansiri does have at his disposal. 

Is he completely skint, or is the lack of investment (in the playing side) due to FFP and so forth?

What I think we can say is that, if he is now skint, then he has pretty much pi55ed all his money up the wall. 

• Like 1

Chansiri has been playing real life Champ Manager with us from the outset.

His lad likes football and someone told him there was a club going spare whose fans would hero worship him if we got promoted, so he bought us as a play thing for his son and to stroke his ego after he'd bought promotion.

He's got no interest in the club, its infrastructure, its future - only  promotion and hero worship.

Since it's all gone boobies up he's walked off into the sunset and forgot all about it - fans can't do that.

Edited by KivoOwl

4 hours ago, G-Reg said:

I'm not suggesting that this idea couldn't work, but can't readily think of an example of a team that has got from the Championship to the Premiership primarily off the back of academy produced players, Plus, the majority of teens that show consistent quality get snapped up by premiership clubs for relatively low fees (based on reading Scram's posts in the past). In terms of 'bang for your buck' I'd like to see us setting up a team of analysts and scouts to mimic Brentford's moneyball/SUFC's recruitment processes, as a priority ahead of piling cash into training/academy facilities. Give them a 5 year project with the aim of getting 5 or 6 of the first team in place and/or £X profit  on players identified, bought in and sold.

Absolutely...this wouldn't cost the earth but would reap dividends from the outset. 

51 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Chansiri has been playing real life Champ Manager with us from the outset.

His lad likes football and someone told him there was a club going spare whose fans would hero worship him if we got promoted, so he bought us as a play thing for his son and to stroke his ego after he'd bought promotion.

He's got no interest in the club, its infrastructure, its future - only  promotion and hero worship.

Since it's all gone boobies up he's walked off into the sunset and forgot all about it - fans can't do that.

His profile has been lesser but I think the last line is a bit harsh tbh.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I thought it was excluded from P&S calculations.  

I suspect that, in the grand scheme of things, improving the academy and stadium does not massively increase the value of the club.  If an investor was looking at buying, getting promoted and selling, then improving the academy does not really factor in to that strategy.  

So having an academy that is producing players thus saving the need to spend millions on players we don't need and a stadium of 40,000 that every seat can be used and not left empty because its in an unsafe part of the ground.

But No I cannot see the point in investing in the club infrastructure and the youth facilities.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

So having an academy that is producing players thus saving the need to spend millions on players we don't need and a stadium of 40,000 that every seat can be used and not left empty because its in an unsafe part of the ground.

But No I cannot see the point in investing in the club infrastructure and the youth facilities.

At least someone gets it :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

His profile has been lesser but I think the last line is a bit harsh tbh.

Chairman are judge on what they do when the club need them the most.

DC goes on holiday while the club slides down the table and ends up in a relegation scrap.

Yes it is his money but its our club that he is ruining with his continuing mismanagement of everything from what's going on the pitch to what's happening off it.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Chairman are judge on what they do when the club need them the most.

DC goes on holiday while the club slides down the table and ends up in a relegation scrap.

Yes it is his money but its our club that he is ruining with his continuing mismanagement of everything from what's going on the pitch to what's happening off it.

Due to his visa he can only spend a limited time in the UK, why shouldn't he go on holiday during the times he can't be here.

5 hours ago, Grandad said:

Isn't the correct insult "Your Mum"?

who's mum, his?

5 hours ago, G-Reg said:

sadly, he came in wanting jam today.