Loadsamoney...

Guest Grandad

We do keep hearing that weve loads of wonga - we just can't spend it cos of the EFLs FFP rules

As I understand FFP (yes I know its P&S) - investment in infrastructure and academy is excluded from FFP calculations. With that in mind wouldn't it be wise as a club thats gearing up for the Premier League to

a. Knock the Leppings Lane end down. And build a modern stand from the ground up, not another re-hash like the one that was planned for the World Cup bid?  A stand that could accomodate home supporters and allow for segregation too so that away supporters could also be housed in it?

b. Even more of a priority - and by far the most sensible investment. Relocate our Academy to a purpose built location - and make it the very best in South Yorkshire. United have had the upper hand on the Academy for far too long, and given their status now, will clean up local talent for years to come if we don't do something spectacular. Build something with living accomodation for players we've scouted from further afield, leisure facilities that can be shared with the community in the evenings, swimming pool, gyms, 4G pitches. Som,ething we can all be really proud of and that will bear fruit for years ahead?

Plans like this would give us all a boost. And we could utilise the Chairmans vast millions - without it affecting FFP at all.

Look at this of Citys...

Proper money needs to be spent on that though doesn't it.  Probably as much as he has already put in. 

I would imagine those sort of plans probably are there for if we get to the premier league.

Why isnt he doing it if he is so rich and cares about the club. Who knows. but I think it needs premier league money to be done though.

4 minutes ago, erowl said:

Suggesting DC could spend without affecting FFP .. Which I know it wouldn't and I fully agree with you.

But I think you'll get blowback on this from his disciples :biggrin:

I dont think they will give any blowback at all?

Surely this is a brilliant way to get round the FFP - granted it might take a little longer but we could become the Chelsea of the Championship with a scheme like this. Sign up loads of talent, and loan it out to get experience.

2 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

How's that relevant, given the original post? The OP mentioned that DC should spend on a new Lep, but with a different design to the World Cup one.

Didnt read it properly.

lol

Thought you were referring to why they haven't been done.

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I dont think they will give any blowback at all?

Surely this is a brilliant way to get round the FFP - granted it might take a little longer but we could become the Chelsea of the Championship with a scheme like this. Sign up loads of talent, and loan it out to get experience.

Not sure about that bit?

Sure it's a way he could spend millions on the ground and academy, but I fail to see how it would get us "round FFP" as you put it.

As far as the EFL are concerned we are still breaking their rules on that.

Just now, Hookowl said:

Not sure about that bit?

Sure it's a way he could spend millions on the ground and academy, but I fail to see how it would get us "round FFP" as you put it.

As far as the EFL are concerned we are still breaking their rules on that.

How?

Investment in infrastructure and academy is excluded isn't it? 

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

How?

Investment in infrastructure and academy is excluded isn't it? 

I thought it was excluded from P&S calculations.  

I suspect that, in the grand scheme of things, improving the academy and stadium does not massively increase the value of the club.  If an investor was looking at buying, getting promoted and selling, then improving the academy does not really factor in to that strategy.