Forestieri and Hutch

24 minutes ago, Jackie Sewell said:

As I've said on here before, according to Harry Redknapp, a reasonably successful manager !, players can be allowed to get away with murder, depending who they are. In other words, you can't afford to drop them if it weakens the team.

18 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

or according to Sir Alex Ferguson, a slighter better than reasonable manager; no player is bigger or better than the team. Ousting beckham, Keane, Stam plus many more not just when they were past it but arguably in their prime. 

On closer reflection he actually said: ‘The moment the manager loses his authority, you don't have a club. The players will be running it, and then you're in trouble.'

How wise he was, we’re in trouble and both Jos and Monk in my opinion are to be commended on trying to fix that although modern football often doesn’t allow the time for that to play out.

46 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

or according to Sir Alex Ferguson, a slighter better than reasonable manager; no player is bigger or better than the team. Ousting beckham, Keane, Stam plus many more not just when they were past it but arguably in their prime. 

Yet treated Cantona differently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

I can’t understand the hypocrisy of the Hutch situation.

forestieri refuses to play and should never play for us again. 

Hutch has has clearly done something as bad for the second time, but he’s the saviour?

why the different standards??

Nicer hair

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

On closer reflection he actually said: ‘The moment the manager loses his authority, you don't have a club. The players will be running it, and then you're in trouble.'

How wise he was, we’re in trouble and both Jos and Monk in my opinion are to be commended on trying to fix that although modern football often doesn’t allow the time for that to play out.

Can’t believe people are comparing Monk’s freezing out of key players to the way in which Sir Alex did it at Man Utd... he did that so that they could replace them with better.. can’t see us going out and getting in a keeper better than Westwood or a DM better than Hutchinson given our financial constraints. And it’s not even like we’re getting fees for them for the inconvenience 

Funny how Steve Bruce, who was close to Sir Alex being his captain and everything, didn’t choose to do it and nobody said he wasn’t running the team.

Jos and Monk are to be commended for ruining our results and that’s all

I think looking at Zidane and Bale at Madrid is a perfect example. They had a falling out and Zidane made it public of his opinion on the matter yet resolved it and is again now playing Bale because he is better than the other options they have.

Monk obviously didn't like something that's gone off but he is still a better option than Pelupessy by far so if he will make it as a manager then whilst Hutchinson is at the club use him properly. Then get rid at the end of the season rather than causing issues when the players themselves will know Hutchinson is a better option than others. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 0114 said:

Just how it works out on here. Whoever isn’t playing is the answer to all our problems :laugh:

Do you know there's a 10,000/1 chance of you have the same user name as the pin code on my petrol card?lol

oh yeah....p.s......I've always wanted them both to play no matter what, it's up to the club to sort shizen out, I just want the best team out the

Edited by Weshallovercome

2 hours ago, jrh said:

I think looking at Zidane and Bale at Madrid is a perfect example. They had a falling out and Zidane made it public of his opinion on the matter yet resolved it and is again now playing Bale because he is better than the other options they have.

Monk obviously didn't like something that's gone off but he is still a better option than Pelupessy by far so if he will make it as a manager then whilst Hutchinson is at the club use him properly. Then get rid at the end of the season rather than causing issues when the players themselves will know Hutchinson is a better option than others. 

Hasn’t got a choice, Madrid can’t get rid of him.

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can’t believe people are comparing Monk’s freezing out of key players to the way in which Sir Alex did it at Man Utd... he did that so that they could replace them with better.. can’t see us going out and getting in a keeper better than Westwood or a DM better than Hutchinson given our financial constraints. And it’s not even like we’re getting fees for them for the inconvenience 

Funny how Steve Bruce, who was close to Sir Alex being his captain and everything, didn’t choose to do it and nobody said he wasn’t running the team.

Jos and Monk are to be commended for ruining our results and that’s all

We will always have financial constraints when we are paying keepers £20k a week. Especially when they don’t contribute.
Also have plenty of other high earners which aren’t good enough. Getting rid of them is the only way out of the financial mess we are in.

Edited by 83owl

4 hours ago, Nut said:

Yet treated Cantona differently. 

I assume Fergie never saw Cantona as undermining his own authority, whilst that seemingly wasnt the case for Becks, Keane, Stam etc.

Yes, part of football management is managing different and sometimes difficult personalities, but there has to be a tipping point where the manager says enough is enough. 

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We will always have financial constraints when we are paying keepers £20k a week. Especially when they don’t contribute.
Also have plenty of other high earners which aren’t good enough. Getting rid of them is the only way out of the financial mess we are in.

Lol pretty hard to contribute when the manager won’t play you.. tbh if we get rid of the ‘high’ earners, our better players’ like Westwood, Hutchinson, Bannan, Fletcher, FF... there’s not much point going to the match to watch crap like Dawson and Pelupessy, especially not at the prices we charge.

We aren’t in a financial mess because we sign players on high wages in itself.. it’s kind of essential to compete at the top end unless you strike gold with a Wilder type manager. We’re in a mess because we sign too many players we don’t play, and we never wheel and deal. Most teams lose millions at this level but it’s the entry price for the lottery for the prem money and owners are willing to do that

32 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Lol pretty hard to contribute when the manager won’t play you.. tbh if we get rid of the ‘high’ earners, our better players’ like Westwood, Hutchinson, Bannan, Fletcher, FF... there’s not much point going to the match to watch crap like Dawson and Pelupessy, especially not at the prices we charge.

We aren’t in a financial mess because we sign players on high wages in itself.. it’s kind of essential to compete at the top end unless you strike gold with a Wilder type manager. We’re in a mess because we sign too many players we don’t play, and we never wheel and deal. Most teams lose millions at this level but it’s the entry price for the lottery for the prem money and owners are willing to do that

This is the biggest load of cack I've seen on here by a long chalk.. I've got to go and sort a family/flood issue out now but I'd love to pick you up on this nonsense in the morning..

Don't worry people if monk keeps playing Pelupessy and Dawson instead of Hutch and Westwood it won't take much longer for the chairman to grow a pair and sack him.

I think when he gets back from his holiday and realises his £150m investment is worth about as much as pelupessy is, he will get rid and once Bullens back in charge his mates will be straight back into the team.

6 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

I can’t understand the hypocrisy of the Hutch situation.

forestieri refuses to play and should never play for us again. 

Hutch has has clearly done something as bad for the second time, but he’s the saviour?

why the different standards??

Rather be a hypocrite than have to suffer watching Pelupessy!