Our best team

Guest Grandad

When the majority of fans bought into the Chairman's survey we were promised we'd see the best players in return for high ticket prices

Hutch is better than Pelepussy

Westwood is better than Dawson

Just play them and if we lose then - we have to accept we just aren't good enough

But at least give us what we are paying for. It's not rocket science

I would like to see the team play simple enough to cover its weaknesses and scrape those points we need. We don't have players who can run through brick walls and win all the headers so keep the ball on the floor as long as possible. If I'm not mistaken, it's much harder trying to find someone with a 40-yard hoofball than a simple 5-yard pass on the floor.

• Like 1

We are no longer playing our best team.

We don't have a team worthy of the high prices.

The only right thing to do is reduce prices, and compensate season ticket holders.

DC needs to write to all season ticket holders, apologise for getting it so badly wrong, and refund them a minimum of £100 per ticket.

He also needs to ask forgiveness from POTG fans, request that they come back, and make all POTG tickets £20 for the relegation run in.

It's not about fleecing the fans anymore, its about doing what's right.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Some posters seem to have short memories of all those mistakes that Westwood made earlier in the season.

You're right

Because over many years of amazing service Westwood has earned the right not to be written off, trolled and abused by our fans for a period of questionable form

Dawson needs dropping. Just like he did when Jos continued to play him

8 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The only right thing to do is reduce prices, and compensate season ticket holders.

DC needs to write to all season ticket holders, apologise for getting it so badly wrong, and refund them a minimum of £100 per ticket.

He also needs to ask forgiveness from POTG fans, request that they come back, and make all POTG tickets £20 for the relegation run in.

Great idea - never gonna happen. 

The whole club needs a crisis meeting at the training ground- whether thats happened or not, I don't know. 

Chairman, Monk, Players, Backroom Staff - EVERYBODY involved on matchday. 

Break the barriers down, get it all out on the table and actually drill into everybody's heads there is a fanbase out there that has paid their wages for 3/4 seasons now - not turning up, being unprofessional, casting people to the U23's etc - finish it once and for all. There is 13 games left. 13 games to pick ourselves up and find some of that form we enjoyed earlier on in the season. Plenty of twists and turns along the way. 

Someone instill some f*cking fight and love in the club for christ sake. Watching them walk out the tunnel on the SWFC Facebook page was pathetic. 

There's fans that live and breathe this club - give us something to shout about, if anything you'd think a big bonus for getting to the playoffs would be enough drive for the mercenaries. Clearly not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Or you could charge £36 -£49 for the derby county game which nobody will pay so wasting even more potential revenue . That’s a much better plan 

Just now, james o connor said:

Or you could charge £36 -£49 for the derby county game which nobody will pay so wasting even more potential revenue . That’s a much better plan 

And that's how badly we've lost the plot.

Certain things stick with and tarnish a Chairman.

For Dave Allen it was suing fans and calling us cretins.

For DC it simply will be he's the one who ripped fans off and didn't deliver anything. Not much of legacy.

Luckily for him, he still has time to change, and change that legacy. Will he though ?

9 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Great idea - never gonna happen. 

The whole club needs a crisis meeting at the training ground- whether thats happened or not, I don't know. 

Chairman, Monk, Players, Backroom Staff - EVERYBODY involved on matchday. 

Break the barriers down, get it all out on the table and actually drill into everybody's heads there is a fanbase out there that has paid their wages for 3/4 seasons now - not turning up, being unprofessional, casting people to the U23's etc - finish it once and for all. There is 13 games left. 13 games to pick ourselves up and find some of that form we enjoyed earlier on in the season. Plenty of twists and turns along the way. 

Someone instill some f*cking fight and love in the club for christ sake. Watching them walk out the tunnel on the SWFC Facebook page was pathetic. 

There's fans that live and breathe this club - give us something to shout about, if anything you'd think a big bonus for getting to the playoffs would be enough drive for the mercenaries. Clearly not. 

Chansiri is so afraid of losing his face that he could never do all that. Clash of cultures, which is very sad indeed. Too bad he doesn't realise that his face is long gone already.

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

You're right

Because over many years of amazing service Westwood has earned the right not to be written off, trolled and abused by our fans for a period of questionable form

This kind of atitude which has us in this mess in the first place.

I don’t care about how many years service a player has given us, they were well paid to do a job and we owe them nothing. Fact is this season his form was poor and rightly dropped, just because he played well in 2016 doesn’t mean he gets paid by us forever, especially on £20k a week.

No room for sentiment in football, gerrard was a Liverpool legend who won multiple trophies across a long career and look how quick Klopp dropped him when he realised he wasn’t up to it anymore. Our fans put a group of players that got to a second tier playoff final in that same bracket it’s ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

You're right

The many mistakes that Westwood has done have seemingly been ignored during games by our fan base who look back on past glories of times when Westwood was reliable and put it down to a one off. However Dawson who hasn't performed any worse than Westwood has the constant moans and groans of our fans waiting for the next mistake and think that the appearance of Westwood would see an instant up turn in performances. Now I'm not in the know of what Westwoods attitude is but I form the opinion from what I've seen that Westwood doesnt like his precious ego being undermined and can't deal with having to play second fiddle when he was rightly dropped because his form was poor. I didn't see anywhere in his statement that he wanted to work hard and win his place back in the side and push the other keepers. If Dawson doesn't perform then he should be rightly dropped but as it stands at the moment our toxic atmosphere will go a long way to breaking Dawson rather than helping him and all our players need as much help and support as we can give them.

• Like 1

Before laying into Dawson too strongly, it is worth pointing out that when the defence was playing well before Christmas, Dawson also looked solid. Dawson appears to lose a lot of confidence when the defence is playing poorly and regularly changed as was the case under Jos, and has been the case since Christmas. Perhaps a bigger concern than whether Westwood should be picked over Dawson is getting the frikkin' defence back to playing the way they were earlier in the season. As for Hutchinson, I agree he should play because we simply do not have a midfielder as solid as he is at breaking up attacks.

• Like 1

The ''pay high prices get top players'' thing was just a tool for chansiri to feel justified in having one last throw of the dice... In truth, by the time the fans were asked this ridiculous question, we'd already shot our financial load.

The Westwood/Hutchinson/Monk situation will be one of many coming up over the next couple of years, as the club tries to cut its cloth accordingly and hopefully rebuild more sustainably for another push.

How Chansiri justifies sky high prices during this period will be extremely difficult, but I'm sure he's got a plan to keep everyone happy...

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

If our players who have been here for 4 seasons or so we're good enough then we would not be in this position. It's poor recruitment that has got us here and that won't change until we change strategy. Sadly DC is more likely to reappoint Carlos than change tack.

It would be good if we could support both our keepers but in this ever increasing divided world we appear to need to take sides.

In terms of who's is 'best' keeper, it could argued that it's a subjective opinion. I assume there's facts out there, but the main indicator of conceding goals is affected by many variables; not at least the performance of the players in front of the keeper.

In the end, we have two decent keepers; one towards the end of his career and one just starting. If neither are the 'no 1' you would simply look at the latest form of the incumbent and if it's dipped then the manager would rotate accordingly. I imagine most clubs run their team selection this way.

In our case, it seems a bit more complex than this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

I would like to see the team play simple enough to cover its weaknesses and scrape those points we need. We don't have players who can run through brick walls and win all the headers so keep the ball on the floor as long as possible. If I'm not mistaken, it's much harder trying to find someone with a 40-yard hoofball than a simple 5-yard pass on the floor.

This, this and this again. I started a thread (that didn’t get much “traction”) after Saturday’s game about confused tactics and playing back-to-front balls to the lone forward (Nuhiu then Wickham) in a 4-5-1. We just need to keep things simple and sensible. For example, if we are going to play it long, play 4-4-2 and get our players around Nuhiu or Wickham.