Our best team

Guest Grandad

Westwood

Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox

Hutchinson

Bannan   Luongo

Murphy  Fletcher Foriesteri

You can't tell me that team wouldn't have half a shot of climbing us up the league.

The problem is just not the players but the tactics and style of play.

4 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The many mistakes that Westwood has done have seemingly been ignored during games by our fan base who look back on past glories of times when Westwood was reliable and put it down to a one off. However Dawson who hasn't performed any worse than Westwood has the constant moans and groans of our fans waiting for the next mistake and think that the appearance of Westwood would see an instant up turn in performances. Now I'm not in the know of what Westwoods attitude is but I form the opinion from what I've seen that Westwood doesnt like his precious ego being undermined and can't deal with having to play second fiddle when he was rightly dropped because his form was poor. I didn't see anywhere in his statement that he wanted to work hard and win his place back in the side and push the other keepers. If Dawson doesn't perform then he should be rightly dropped but as it stands at the moment our toxic atmosphere will go a long way to breaking Dawson rather than helping him and all our players need as much help and support as we can give them.

So Westwood makes mistakes he needs dropping, but Dawson makes mistakes its the fans getting on his back.

We should have a choice of 3 good keepers instead currently the only way Dawson does not play is he is injured. 

Westwood has been banished from the first team picture, Wildsmith has not played a first team league game in 2 years and surprise surprise Dawson levels have dropped because he has no one pushing him as the manager has put pay to that.

For me dropping Dawson is showing him, his current levels are not acceptable, he is a season pro now and has been in the first team picture 3 season, some of his errors recently have been school boy level, his kicking and distribution for a championship keeper is not good enough and I for one cannot understand what he is working on, in the week to be so poor at this at the age of 24.

But don't worry sooner or later when DC realises we have a serious chance of going down not including any possible points deduction, he will get rid of Monk, and what will be the first act of the new boss, bring in the experience Championship performers to save the mess we have gotten into. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, 83owl said:

You honestly believe monk has said to him I don’t see you as number 1 so don’t even bother going on the bench? Just come to training for your 20k a week. 

There’s only 1 person to blame for him not getting another chance now.

No, as someone else has said, reading between the lines there was probably a disagreement on availability. Something like the last time he played he had an injury, he didn't play well, Monk says he's dropping him for Dawson and therefore he's unavailable to sit on the bench because of the injury. Then Monk wasn't happy with how long it was taking for him to declare himself fit again, hence the words to the press about some players pushing through the pain barrier more than others... believe he said that with reference to KW, SH and FF.

KW probably got the hump when he said that (because it's basically questioning whether he's actually injured or not) and asked to speak to him and they discuss it and agree to disagree. So Monk says he only wants players who are frequently available etc etc.. and they agree it's best for him to move on.

Personally if I was manager I'd give the players the benefit of the doubt, especially one that has given as much for the club as him... that certainly seems to be how Carlos and Bruce operated, well known for their people skills and players liking them. Other managers like Jos and Monk have taken a more disciplinarian stance... but it's cutting off your nose to spite your face when you have inferior players in the team at the expense of the excluded players which we undoubtedly do.

That's my take on what's happened anyway... there has to be more to it then KW mentioned in his statement. Yet's likely down to a disagreement rather than a big bust up and all the other nonsense rumours going around

Guest LondonOwl313

Westwood

Palmer      Iorfa       Borner     Fox

Harris   Hutchinson Bannan  Forestieri

Wickham Fletcher

When everyone is fit. Round pegs in round holes, best player in each position at the club in the starting line up. Mix of flair and athleticism. No fancy formations or messing about, everyone knows their roles. Would yield much better than 5 points from 10 games.

Guest Bulgaria
5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Westwood

Palmer      Iorfa       Borner     Fox

Harris   Hutchinson Bannan  Forestieri

Wickham Fletcher

When everyone is fit. Round pegs in round holes, best player in each position at the club in the starting line up. Mix of flair and athleticism. No fancy formations or messing about, everyone knows their roles. Would yield much better than 5 points from 10 games.

With all due respect London, Wickham is showing less athleticism than a 3 legged sloth with gout. Other than that, I like the look of that line up.

Edited by Bulgaria

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

With all due respect London, Wickham is showing less athleticism than a 3 legged sloth with gout. Other than that, I like the look of that line up.

Lol when it’s between him, Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhui I’m tempted to let him play himself in. We need 3-4 good strikers like we had a few years ago, it’s one of the issues with the squad

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

So Westwood makes mistakes he needs dropping, but Dawson makes mistakes its the fans getting on his back.

We should have a choice of 3 good keepers instead currently the only way Dawson does not play is he is injured. 

Westwood has been banished from the first team picture, Wildsmith has not played a first team league game in 2 years and surprise surprise Dawson levels have dropped because he has no one pushing him as the manager has put pay to that.

For me dropping Dawson is showing him, his current levels are not acceptable, he is a season pro now and has been in the first team picture 3 season, some of his errors recently have been school boy level, his kicking and distribution for a championship keeper is not good enough and I for one cannot understand what he is working on, in the week to be so poor at this at the age of 24.

But don't worry sooner or later when DC realises we have a serious chance of going down not including any possible points deduction, he will get rid of Monk, and what will be the first act of the new boss, bring in the experience Championship performers to save the mess we have gotten into. 

Westwoods kicking isn't that great for a Championship keeper. The experienced Championship performers haven't exactly pulled up any trees this season have they? Look at how they let Bullen down.

7 hours ago, Grandad said:

When the majority of fans bought into the Chairman's survey we were promised we'd see the best players in return for high ticket prices

Hutch is better than Pelepussy

Westwood is better than Dawson

Just play them and if we lose then - we have to accept we just aren't good enough

But at least give us what we are paying for. It's not rocket science

That suggests we would build a team of quality players, not simply play "the best" available to us.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing the notion that we "gave it a shot" under Carlos. By my estimation, many of the transfers we brought in were not proven winners, and also didn't fit into any sort of plan. We bought players for the sake of buying them, and hardly improved our squad over 2 seasons, despite signing a handful of players in between the playoff final the following season. I wouldn't call that giving it a proper shot.

Ultimately, DC failed to deliver on his promise of bringing in quality players to justify the ticket prices.

Edited by bobness

6 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This has to come from DC. Start acting.

Sack Monk

Reduce Prices

Somehow instal some fight into these players and this club

Be open about the FFP situation 

The post started badly, in my opinion, but got better. If the other three were in place the first point would not be mentioned even by the self confirmed Monk haters. He has got them to raise their game in enough matches to get us to third spot and everybody on here with any sense struggled to believe it, because the squad was so poor.

Well we are now roughly where we should be when eveything evens out. Not good enough to go up, not bad enough to go down. The 55 players that DC has trotted out for our delight have mainly not been good enough, resulting in just 14 additions to our squad since DC came in that are not loan players, players from the U23s, or players out on loan because they are not (yet?) good enough:-

Jones (Paul) Free

Fox Undisclosed

Borner Free

Odubajo Free

Iorfa Undisclosed

Harris Free

Pelupessy Undisclosed

Bannan Free

Reach £5M

Luongo Undisclosed

Rhodes £8M

Fletcher Free

Winnall Undisclosed

Forestieri £3M

So considering their worth to us now and what they may have cost, if anything, yes to the price reduction, promise have been broken.

38 minutes ago, bobness said:

That suggests we would build a team of quality players, not simply play "the best" available to us.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing the notion that we "gave it a shot" under Carlos. By my estimation, many of the transfers we brought in were not proven winners, and also didn't fit into any sort of plan. We bought players for the sake of buying them, and hardly improved our squad over 2 seasons, despite signing a handful of players in between the playoff final the following season. I wouldn't call that giving it a proper shot.

Ultimately, DC failed to deliver on his promise of bringing in quality players to justify the ticket prices.

I think the issue was as you say, the period in 2016 after the play off final.

We had astute transfer dealings from the Summer of 2015 to the Play off final, as demonstrated in that years' accounts. A mixture of free transfers and loans.

DC then simply lost the plot and within a few months we'd blown whatever transfer cap we had, resulting in the infamous FF sulk at Norwich. Whilst we got into the play offs that season, there has been irreparable damage not only to the accounts/FFP but to the fabric of the team IMO. Essentially the same team over the following three seasons being paid top six wages have delivered mid/lower-table performances and results in general.

5 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Can’t argue with that, Klopp let Gerrard go so quick it was 5 months before he became Liverpool manager  , whilst he was manager of Dortmund. That’s what you call quick. 

Klopp, Rodgers doesn’t really matter. Point is Gerrard openly admitted to wanting to sign a new deal and Liverpool got rid because he was past it. We recycle the same failures time after time.

3 hours ago, bobness said:

Agree totally. Although FF was great in that first season his record  other than that isn’t great. He was mainly used as a sub for Watford in their promotion season but was our star player in our supposed promotion push.

If you look at the wolves squad that went up there was never any doubt that they would be promoted. We mainly relied on frees and unwanted players, tried to do it on the cheap and it backfired.

Don’t know about the team but when it comes to formation some things are obvious.

We have won games and played well using both 442 and 433.

By 433 I mean 3 proper midfielders.

By 442 I mean two proper strikers who can play on the centre backs and cause them problems in the air.

Of course we have been poor sometimes as well with those formations.

However we are always poor when we try and play 4231 with a “ number 10” off the main striker.

Reach, Windass and FF have all tried it recently and failed.

We simply don’t play enough football to play that role and probably haven’t since Carlos was here, when we had Hooper in the role and Wallace, Lee , Bannan etc playing a more possession game.

Monk needs to remember how we have picked up points in the past and stop trying to play a number 10

12 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

We are no longer playing our best team.

We don't have a team worthy of the high prices.

The only right thing to do is reduce prices, and compensate season ticket holders.

DC needs to write to all season ticket holders, apologise for getting it so badly wrong, and refund them a minimum of £100 per ticket.

He also needs to ask forgiveness from POTG fans, request that they come back, and make all POTG tickets £20 for the relegation run in.

It's not about fleecing the fans anymore, its about doing what's right.

"Location : Dreamland"

:laugh:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

It’s pretty amusing how both Westwood and Dawson’s mistakes both seem to increase in frequency every time Dawson makes an error.

Westwood:

Reading 

West Brom 

Swansea x 2 

Dawson: 

QPR 

Barnsley 

Wigan? 

Reading? 

Those are the mistakes off the top of my head.

11 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I dont have an anti-Weswood agenda. I'm just basing my opinion on what I have witnessed this season. Poor decisions, big mistakes that have cost us points. Just because the team concedes goals, it isn't down to the keeper. How many times have Westwood and Dawson conceded more than 2 goals in a game?

What you do have is a pro- Dawson agenda. Like most of our fan base, you identify with players that have at some time been made scapegoats. Everybody and their grandmothers are wetting the beds because it turns out Morgan Fox is an average Championship player, for no other reason than he had been previously castigated. 

All I know is we accept Dawson for Westwood, we wouldn’t accept Rhodes for Fletcher. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

What you do have is a pro- Dawson agenda. Like most of our fan base, you identify with players that have at some time been made scapegoats. Everybody and their grandmothers are wetting the beds because it turns out Morgan Fox is an average Championship player, for no other reason than he had been previously castigated. 

All I know is we accept Dawson for Westwood, we wouldn’t accept Rhodes for Fletcher. 

I have a pro-Dawson agenda do I? There is no limit to your mind powers.