Our best team

Guest Grandad

Guest Bulgaria
41 minutes ago, Grandad said:

trolled and abused by our fans for a period of questionable form

Although any kind of abuse is disgraceful, I would imagine it's because of his attitude rather than poor form.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

6 minutes ago, shandypants said:

This, this and this again. I started a thread (that didn’t get much “traction”) after Saturday’s game about confused tactics and playing back-to-front balls to the lone forward (Nuhiu then Wickham) in a 4-5-1. We just need to keep things simple and sensible. For example, if we are going to play it long, play 4-4-2 and get our players around Nuhiu or Wickham.

This 100%

I really dont mind if we play long ball - I've never had an issue with playing any style if it gets results and is done well.

We're just not doing it well at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

When the majority of fans bought into the Chairman's survey we were promised we'd see the best players in return for high ticket prices

Hutch is better than Pelepussy

Westwood is better than Dawson

Just play them and if we lose then - we have to accept we just aren't good enough

But at least give us what we are paying for. It's not rocket science

The fact this same thing has happened under two of the last three managers with Westwood and Hutch tells you it's no coincidence. There is obviously an attitude problem with these two, or they are a disruptive influence in the dressing room. 

11 minutes ago, shandypants said:

This, this and this again. I started a thread (that didn’t get much “traction”) after Saturday’s game about confused tactics and playing back-to-front balls to the lone forward (Nuhiu then Wickham) in a 4-5-1. We just need to keep things simple and sensible. For example, if we are going to play it long, play 4-4-2 and get our players around Nuhiu or Wickham.

Doesn’t matter what formation we play as our CMs won’t/can’t get forward to support. There’s only luongo that I’ve seen try and get close to the strikers. Hutch, bannan, joey all sit back. Lee hasn’t got the same movement he had before injury.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Grandad said:

You're right

Because over many years of amazing service Westwood has earned the right not to be written off, trolled and abused by our fans for a period of questionable form

Dawson needs dropping. Just like he did when Jos continued to play him

''Trolled by our fans''

Has to be the most depressing/embarrassing sentence of the modern world.

Why are adults on twitter/Facebook in the first place??

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Some posters seem to have short memories of all those mistakes that Westwood made earlier in the season.

Don’t no why you have an anti Westwood agenda but he’s still a lot better than Dawson. How many times has Westwood conceded more than 2 goals in a game for us in 179 games.. not that many. Dawson has plenty of times

57 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

And that's how badly we've lost the plot.

Certain things stick with and tarnish a Chairman.

For Dave Allen it was suing fans and calling us cretins.

For DC it simply will be he's the one who ripped fans off and didn't deliver anything. Not much of legacy.

Luckily for him, he still has time to change, and change that legacy. Will he though ?

Will he heck , he’s got about as much business sense as chocolate fire guard salesman , probably less so. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered somebody so out of touch with this business they own 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Even after his (Westwood's) last three games for us? Blackburn away, Swansea at home and West Brom away. Big mistakes by Westwood that cost us points.

Yeah he needed dropping for poor form.. but how we go from dropped for poor form to see you later and thanks for your service is just ridiculous 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Don’t no why you have an anti Westwood agenda but he’s still a lot better than Dawson. How many times has Westwood conceded more than 2 goals in a game for us in 179 games.. not that many. Dawson has plenty of times

I dont have an anti-Weswood agenda. I'm just basing my opinion on what I have witnessed this season. Poor decisions, big mistakes that have cost us points. Just because the team concedes goals, it isn't down to the keeper. How many times have Westwood and Dawson conceded more than 2 goals in a game?

24 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The fact this same thing has happened under two of the last three managers with Westwood and Hutch tells you it's no coincidence. There is obviously an attitude problem with these two, or they are a disruptive influence in the dressing room. 

Which of those 3 managers is currently managing in the Premier League?

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Will he heck , he’s got about as much business sense as chocolate fire guard salesman , probably less so. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered somebody so out of touch with this business they own 

If you can sell chocolate fireguards - wouldnt that make you quite exceptional in business?

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Which of those 3 managers is currently managing in the Premier League?

You don't need to be  a Premier league manager to see a disruptive influence in the dressing room. This sort of thing will happen all through the leagues. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

You don't need to be  a Premier league manager to see a disruptive influence in the dressing room. This sort of thing will happen all through the leagues. 

So have we accepted now that hes disrupting the dressing room? Despite nobody actually ever confirming that?

Guest LondonOwl313
13 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I dont have an anti-Weswood agenda. I'm just basing my opinion on what I have witnessed this season. Poor decisions, big mistakes that have cost us points. Just because the team concedes goals, it isn't down to the keeper. How many times have Westwood and Dawson conceded more than 2 goals in a game?

Well Dawson’s done it 3 times in the last 10 games alone

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Do you know the full story behind this decision? 

No I don’t.. so if you have info you should share. My guess is Monk, like Jos, only wants players who can train every day. Far more like than this disruptive influence nonsense and the thing he has in common with Hutchinson 

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

So have we accepted now that hes disrupting the dressing room? Despite nobody actually ever confirming that?

From Monks quotes about " doing whats best for the squad " , that seems to confirm whats gone off.