Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Bojra Baston free agent Striker formally of Villa and Swansea. Is the latest name iv been told we are in for?

I saw a bit of him playing for Malaga. Seemed to have all the attributes a big striker needs, but his finishing was woeful, he hardly scored a goal With each missed chance, you could see any confidence drain out of him, so much so, that he became rubbish at all the other stuff as well

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Fair enough. It's important players we sign wanna be here and buy into what we're doing. If Leko would rather be elsewhere, better to learn that now.

Good signing for them though. I liked the idea of him. Keep pursuing that type. 

Agree, but they are hard to find, certainly at that price. He looks a similar player to the young Nahki Wells, and he’s just gone for £5m. Normally, your best hope is to convince one of the big boys to loan you an Abrahams or a Brewster, but they are difficult to get, and of course you don’t own them 

Maybe we could try and borrow young Greenwood, not the Man Utd one, but the Arsenal one, I’ve read good things about him. As you say though, I hope we still pursue that type, and not return to buying run of the mill championship players who won’t get any better, and have no resale value

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

In a 5am post-op haze that’s been brought on by my liquid morphine I’ve convinced myself that signing Rudy Gestede on a free would be a wise move to make

Just imagining the partnership him and Rhodes had at Blackburn when they, between them, hit 43 goals. That type of partnership keeps us up.

Ill go to sleep again and wake up and the logic will hit me I’m sure. But for now, Gestede is the man.

Nope. Can’t shake it.

Really think Rudy Gestede is the best man available within our budgets that can be our big man option AND just maybe bring the best out of Jordan Rhodes.

43 goals between them both for blackburn 6 years ago. Not sure how often they played together at Boro, if at all, but something clearly went wrong and we’d need to figure that out also.

But with him and Rhodes up front with attacking wing backs and Brown Bannan Luongo supplying from midfield. 

I really think it couldddd be the ticket to staying up IF Beattie is this amazing striker coach some say he is.

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Nope. Can’t shake it.

Really think Rudy Gestede is the best man available within our budgets that can be our big man option AND just maybe bring the best out of Jordan Rhodes.

43 goals between them both for blackburn 6 years ago. Not sure how often they played together at Boro, if at all, but something clearly went wrong and we’d need to figure that out also.

But with him and Rhodes up front with attacking wing backs and Brown Bannan Luongo supplying from midfield. 

I really think it couldddd be the ticket to staying up IF Beattie is this amazing striker coach some say he is.

He's only played 75 games in the last 5 years scoring just 11 goals. In fact he's nearly 32 and only has 66 career goals. His attitude at Middlesbrough was the reason Warnock got rid of him within a week of him becoming the manager.

I think it'd be an awful signing and one we'd have made in the past. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree, but they are hard to find, certainly at that price. He looks a similar player to the young Nahki Wells, and he’s just gone for £5m. Normally, your best hope is to convince one of the big boys to loan you an Abrahams or a Brewster, but they are difficult to get, and of course you don’t own them 

Maybe we could try and borrow young Greenwood, not the Man Utd one, but the Arsenal one, I’ve read good things about him. As you say though, I hope we still pursue that type, and not return to buying run of the mill championship players who won’t get any better, and have no resale value

Doesn't matter what he could be if would rather be elsewhere. More interested in the players we do sign than ones we don't or miss out on. I'm encouraged by links with Simmonds & Leko. Shows we're trying to go down the right road. Keep going until we land someone of that ilk. 

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Doesn't matter what he could be if would rather be elsewhere. More interested in the players we do sign than ones we don't or miss out on. I'm encouraged by links with Simmonds & Leko. Shows we're trying to go down the right road. Keep going until we land someone of that ilk. 

No quite, but it’s not like we can search for these players at our leisure because we already have an adequate array of strikers The big worry is, because we don’t have any strikers, and the clock is ticking, we’ll resort to bringing in exactly the type of players we shouldn’t be pursuing 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Nope. Can’t shake it.

Those were the days, loovens was still playing and kicking people in the balls, lee didn’t have a mangled hip, Wallace could still run, FF had the one good season in his career. Things have changed 

That Joao might be worth a look at.......😂😂

Reading manager Mark Bowen has hinted two or three strikers could leave the club in the coming weeks.

Royals' boss currently has six senior forwards at his disposal going into the new season.

They are Lucas Joao, George Puscas, Sam Baldock, Yakou Meite, Sam Smith and Marc McNulty.

8 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Reading manager Mark Bowen has hinted two or three strikers could leave the club in the coming weeks.

Royals' boss currently has six senior forwards at his disposal going into the new season.

They are Lucas Joao, George Puscas, Sam Baldock, Yakou Meite, Sam Smith and Marc McNulty.

He’s already scored in a couple of friendlies, but that’s a decent array of strikers. Don’t think McNulty will feature much, but I’m certainly not suggesting us moving for him

29 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He's only played 75 games in the last 5 years scoring just 11 goals. In fact he's nearly 32 and only has 66 career goals. His attitude at Middlesbrough was the reason Warnock got rid of him within a week of him becoming the manager.

I think it'd be an awful signing and one we'd have made in the past. 

Please stop ruining my delusions with logical thinking.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
47 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No quite, but it’s not like we can search for these players at our leisure because we already have an adequate array of strikers The big worry is, because we don’t have any strikers, and the clock is ticking, we’ll resort to bringing in exactly the type of players we shouldn’t be pursuing 

I agree on that front. We can ill afford a slow start this year, and time is getting on.

I think location is probably an issue for Leko. Brum is on his doorstep. Makes it difficult for us to compete. Not all players wanna relocate or commute. 

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Always liked meite

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Bowen just been sacked

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Cardiff City are closing in on signing Arsenal youngster Jordi Osei-Tutu on a season-long loan deal, WalesOnline understands.

The Bluebirds have made that right-back spot an area of priority.

Sanderson going elsewhere then?

7 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Cardiff City are closing in on signing Arsenal youngster Jordi Osei-Tutu on a season-long loan deal, WalesOnline understands.

The Bluebirds have made that right-back spot an area of priority.

Great news for us if we are after Dion Sanderson