Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Messi's officially leaving Barcelona now according to BT Sport. He'll probably end up at someone like PSG, possible swap deal with Neymar or Mbappe? Would like to see him in the Premier League, Bundesliga or Serie A. 

Prefer to see him in the Championship. Could be useful in the fight against -12.

Well, Cantona nearly came here. Believe! 

Crazy how quiet it seems for a club that only have 1 striker. Even if as expected we sign Windass I still don’t think he is what you would class as a striker. Things really need to start happening and fast. Such a big rebuild to do and we have only signed 3 players after letting so many go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Crazy how quiet it seems for a club that only have 1 striker. Even if as expected we sign Windass I still don’t think he is what you would class as a striker. Things really need to start happening and fast. Such a big rebuild to do and we have only signed 3 players after letting so many go. 

More importantly with Windass, he’s no better than what we had before

• Like 2

Guest gizowl

Not paying silly wages anymore starting with a big disadvantage,after players other clubs are after it's going to be difficult to get the right players in,some are going to choose another option and atm you can understand why. Got to be more patient than usual and hopefully we'll get most players from the top of Monks wishlist . So far I think things are falling into place nicely, new coaching team looks promising, like the types of players we're recruiting but thats why competition for some of them is going to be fierce. 

17 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Not paying silly wages anymore starting with a big disadvantage,after players other clubs are after it's going to be difficult to get the right players in,some are going to choose another option and atm you can understand why. Got to be more patient than usual and hopefully we'll get most players from the top of Monks wishlist . So far I think things are falling into place nicely, new coaching team looks promising, like the types of players we're recruiting but thats why competition for some of them is going to be fierce. 

be more patient than usual? 

I normally don’t expect to be announced until 10 minutes after the deadline has passed... 

Just now, gurujuan said:

More importantly with Windass, he’s no better than what we had before

if he's on a par with fletch, FF ,winnall, hooper , joao, ,then i think we have got a good deal for the wages he'll be on . ......jeez we  have off loaded  strikers on 15 to 30 grand a week to expect to replace them with better on what we can offer now is highly unlikely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

if he's on a par with fletch, FF ,winnall, hooper , joao, ,then i think we have got a good deal for the wages he'll be on . ......jeez we  have off loaded  strikers on 15 to 30 grand a week to expect to replace them with better on what we can offer now is highly unlikely. 

Windass would also be wanting around 15k I am guessing.

14 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Bojra Baston free agent Striker formally of Villa and Swansea. Is the latest name iv been told we are in for?

Wouldn’t mind that, he can play up top with Windass or others playing off him. Certainly prefer this to some others being suggested 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, torryowl said:

but he isn’t on a par with those players, save maybe for Winnall, and I felt the same when we were chasing him We’ve also lost Nuhiu, so we can still save money, and improve our striking options

Just now, gurujuan said:

but he isn’t on a par with those players, save maybe for Winnall, and I felt the same when we were chasing him We’ve also lost Nuhiu, so we can still save money, and improve our striking options

you tricked me by saying he was no better  ,there was no mention that he was worse .lol

19 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'll  bow to your knowledge on that coz i aint got clue but it seems a lot to me .....do wigan really  pay 15 grand a week ?

They won't I wouldn't have thought but I would imagine he would be on around the 10k mark. As as there are a few clubs after him I would say him demanding and us paying him around  15k wouldnt be far off considering it's a low transfer fee. 

I think we will be paying players around 15k still from now on but our 25/30k days are gone.

Edited by pazowl55

8 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The reason it’ll be so quite will be because any player we’ll be approaching will be looking around for other options before committing to the club.

This 12 point deduction will be hammering us in the transfer market.

completely agree with this. Imo will be putting a hell of a lot of potential signings off. 

• Like 1

Gonna have to calm down some people are,  window runs till October ?  There’s going to be agents and players prepared to wait until the absolute death to squeeze as much cash as possible out of clubs 

We’ve done better than a lot of others in getting 3 tied down, PL clubs with there young lads available for loan are notorious in dragging it out as long as possible , any league one clubs will try and create auctions for there wanted players 

It’s just not that easy