Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

In a 5am post-op haze that’s been brought on by my liquid morphine I’ve convinced myself that signing Rudy Gestede on a free would be a wise move to make

Just imagining the partnership him and Rhodes had at Blackburn when they, between them, hit 43 goals. That type of partnership keeps us up.

Ill go to sleep again and wake up and the logic will hit me I’m sure. But for now, Gestede is the man.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Moussa Sylla

Recently left monaco

Free agent 

Winger /striker 

20 years old 

Played under Henry in champions league 

He's be a fantastic signing 

Sheffield Wednesday are still mulling over a move for Frederico Venancio as manager Garry Monk aims to bolster his defensive resources before the start of the 2020/21 season.

As reported by Yorkshire Live earlier this month, the Portuguese centre-back is on the Owls' radar.

But any potential deal for Venancio could hinge on the Championship club offloading Joost van Aken in the summer transfer window. Van Aken is currently training with Wednesday's first-team squad as part of their five-day training camp at Loughborough University but is thought not to be part of Monk's long-term plans.

27 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Bristol City are in negotiations to bring in Steven Sessegnon on a season’s loan from Fulham but face competition from Swansea and Reading for the England Under-21 right-back.

Interesting, very quick, and perhaps more of a wing back

36 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Bristol City are in negotiations to bring in Steven Sessegnon on a season’s loan from Fulham but face competition from Swansea and Reading for the England Under-21 right-back.

He was on my list of potential targets. Think he’d suit the RWB role for us.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Dom saying this morning that rumours are that Birmingham are confident they have won the race for Leko. Shame. 

That would be a real shame, he has the potential to do very well in this league. Hope we can find a similar prospect. This was the signing that captured my imagination, not just what he is capable of now, but what he might easily become. Don’t get that feeling with any of the others we’ve been linked with. Of course it’s just a hunch, and only my opinion, but I think whoever gets him will have struck gold. When it was just a loan deal, it was good, but having the chance to actually buy him, made it a no brainer. As I said, I hope we can find another exciting prospect like him, rather than again turn to a jobbing championship ready player who isn’t going to get any better

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Fair enough. It's important players we sign wanna be here and buy into what we're doing. If Leko would rather be elsewhere, better to learn that now.

Good signing for them though. I liked the idea of him. Keep pursuing that type.