Jump to content

Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

So, a 12 point deduction would now leave us in the bottom 3, 3 points adrift of Huddersfield.

 

We’re trying our best to go down aren’t we


We need to know what’s happening with it soon.

 

The two home games this week are either mid table games without much riding on them. Or they’re relegation 6 pointers that we need at least one win from

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

So, a 12 point deduction would now leave us in the bottom 3, 3 points adrift of Huddersfield.

 

We’re trying our best to go down aren’t we

 

Very worrying.

 

This is just one of many reasons why we need to be looking for an appropriate replacement for Monk now IMO.

 

Once that points deduction hits, we will be staring relegation in the face with captain personality in charge.

 

However if Monk is replaced in the next few days/weeks, the effects of a ‘new manager bounce’ might just do the job in getting us over the line to keep us up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

 

Very worrying.

 

This is just one of many reasons why we need to be looking for an appropriate replacement for Monk now IMO.

 

Once that points deduction hits, we will be staring relegation in the face with captain personality in charge.

 

However if Monk is replaced in the next few days/weeks, the effects of a ‘new manager bounce’ might just do the job in getting us over the line to keep us up.

 

True, but who do you think would be willing to take over and give us the chance of that new manager bounce with what we have hanging over us?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:


We need to know what’s happening with it soon.

 

The two home games this week are either mid table games without much riding on them. Or they’re relegation 6 pointers that we need at least one win from

 

Agreed - We need 3 points minimum in my opinion from the next 2, preferably a win vs Charlton.

 

We need to be playing as if we are expecting -12

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

True, but who do you think would be willing to take over and give us the chance of that new manager bounce with what we have hanging over us?

 

It would be a harder sell than normal - many established names may give it the “I’ll wait until the summer” line.

 

We do have a decent set of players, a chairman willing to spend money and a dedicated fanbase.

 

Under normal circumstances, that would be enough to entice managers to put their selves forward for the role.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

 

It would be a harder sell than normal - many established names may give it the “I’ll wait until the summer” line.

 

We do have a decent set of players, a chairman willing to spend money and a dedicated fanbase.

 

Under normal circumstances, that would be enough to entice managers to put their selves forward for the role.


Wasn’t enough last time though was it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

 

It would be a harder sell than normal - many established names may give it the “I’ll wait until the summer” line.

 

We do have a decent set of players, a chairman willing to spend money and a dedicated fanbase.

 

Under normal circumstances, that would be enough to entice managers to put their selves forward for the role.

 

I agree but it isn't normal circumstances is it and the willing to spend money line is very much dependent on what happens with the EFL. As you say, waiting until the summer would be a much wiser choice for any prospective manager. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely the arbitration hearing result will be announced this week.

 

What with Alan Biggs saying it was due this month and our QC indicating on his website that the hearing had been concluded, hopefully we’ll be getting some good news this week.... fingers crossed!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Surely the arbitration hearing result will be announced this week.

 

What with Alan Biggs saying it was due this month and our QC indicating on his website that the hearing had been concluded, hopefully we’ll be getting some good news this week.... fingers crossed!!

Good news you say! Quite rare that for us.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know we've had this sort of post on here  a lot. 

 

I do know for a fact (old family friend who lives in one of the nice villages south of Tees and knows Gibson) that Gibson has said that Wednesday have cheated, that the league has hard unequivocal evidence both of this and of attempted cover up, and he is pushing for the full 21 points. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I know we've had this sort of post on here  a lot. 

 

I do know for a fact (old family friend who lives in one of the nice villages south of Tees and knows Gibson) that Gibson has said that Wednesday have cheated, that the league has hard unequivocal evidence both of this and of attempted cover up, and he is pushing for the full 21 points. 

 

Gibson wasn't moaning when he had all those failure payments. 

Edited by S36 OWL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I know we've had this sort of post on here  a lot. 

 

I do know for a fact (old family friend who lives in one of the nice villages south of Tees and knows Gibson) that Gibson has said that Wednesday have cheated, that the league has hard unequivocal evidence both of this and of attempted cover up, and he is pushing for the full 21 points. 

 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. He wasn’t particularly bothered about any Wednesday P&S problems when he sold us Reach and Rhodes? I suspect there will be potential relegation riding on the last game of the season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...