Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

22 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Birmingham have sold Che Adams and have Drew Bellingham who’s going to be the next big thing, they’ll be alright.

We have nothing in comparison.

The revenue generated from player sales over the last 5 seasons chart shlws all our issues. 

When people say... 'why can club X spend so much money'... well look what theyve also generated. 

Screenshot_20200202-134659_Chrome.jpg

28 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Birmingham have sold Che Adams and have Drew Bellingham who’s going to be the next big thing, they’ll be alright.

Indeed and the EFL have hit them with a charge for not selling Adam in January and instead selling him in the summer for more money.

Get you head round that one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

The revenue generated from player sales over the last 5 seasons chart shlws all our issues. 

When people say... 'why can club X spend so much money'... well look what theyve also generated. 

This is just one chart of many, which point to the complete mismanagement of our club. From top to bottom.

But let's all call DC a genius, for creating fake companies to sponsor the team, allowing him to put more money in... I'm actually sick of hearing that justification. Nothing about how this club has been run can be justified.

Well-intentioned, probably. Wholly inept, absolutely.

We judge players by what they do on the pitch, we judge managers by how they get their team to perform, shouldn't we be judging DC by similar metric?

Just in case you weren't sick of thinking about how much he's ballsed up this club, there are "subtle" reminders throughout Hillsborough of who's responsible for this mess. But hey, at least that allowed him to put more money in than any other sponsor would...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

that really is pathetic from the club. So unprofessional from DC. He really has got us in to a proper mess. Awful business leadership. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Thanks 1

I have always said, that the time a club usually moves forward is when it is able to sell players at a profit.  Profit which we can then be reinvested back into the squad.  

I think we have two significant problems, both of which are interlinked.  The ability to scout decent up and coming players and knowing when to sell and for how much.  

You only have to look at the list of all the players we have signed to get an idea of our recruitment strategy.  What used to wind me up was seeing players get signed then don't get anywhere near the first team for the foreseeable future.  I just don't get the reasoning behind a lot of our signings. 

19 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Absolute scandal to be so low.

Saying that been this way for years never really been a selling club from my memory.

Problem is can you imagine the uproar on here if 3 years ago we had sold Bannan, Lee etc, proper meltdown.

If we sold Bannan, Lee for good money and brought in new blood, who knows where we might have been?

31 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Saying that been this way for years never really been a selling club from my memory.

Problem is can you imagine the uproar on here if 3 years ago we had sold Bannan, Lee etc, proper meltdown.

Leeds have sold Wood, Jansson and Roofe in the last few years who were all fan favourites. They seem to have coped alright?

Our record sale before Lucas João was still Chris Brunt

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Clubs have sold players to balance books since professional football began.

Sure some people would have moaned if a popular player was moved on but vast majority realise that is what clubs do.

14 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Best priced 10/1 for relegation now, does someone know something we don’t?

Given our current form, if the betting industry had got new of our points deduction I would be surprised if it was any higher than 9 points based on this.

If they had news we were going to get deducted 9 or more points then I would have expected our odds to be shorter than 10-1 as that would put us right in the mix with no sign of the next win.

The owners biggest mistake by far was not selling Forestieri when it was all kicking off,  the fan base would’ve absolutely imploded but we needed a big decision from the owner and unfortunately he lacked the football expertise to make the right call 

6 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

We have a 'valid' ground sale. The question is over the year of sale, not the sale itself. If we lose the case then surely the ground sale is put in the following years accounts and we are OK P&S wise for a couple if years?