Interview

5 minutes ago, Barnwood62 said:

Why doesn’t he just resign lost the dressing room and players not willing to fight for him, the ones that suffer are the fans paying a lot of money to watch dross, if we’re not careful we’ll be in a relegation fight

Shouldn't the players be fighting for the fans, the club?

In no way am I absolving Monk of blame, but the players are more culpable IMO

4 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

What do you mean. Can you explain?

Well, IMHO organisationally we’ve been dire. Failure to pick up players at set pieces, uncoordinated positional set up, players bunching up like bananas, simple balls being overlooked in favour of stupid ones, poor communication etc etc. 

So far monk has said the players are crap, they won’t be here next season, we haven’t got a chance of promotion.

And he can’t understand why the players don’t give a poo, and the fans are fuckedoff. 

OK.

17 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So far monk has said the players are crap, they won’t be here next season, we haven’t got a chance of promotion.

And he can’t understand why the players don’t give a poo, and the fans are fuckedoff. 

OK.

what don't they like, the fact that hes right?

Watching that interview I feel sorry for Monk.

The players obviously aren’t performing. 

In the fickle world of football, after a defeat it’s the end of the world, a win and everyone’s seeing the glass half full again. 

It wasn’t Monks fault that Dawson made the mistake against Barnsley, a win there would have changed the perspective. 

It wasn’t Monks fault for the dodgy back pass that led to Luton’s goal last night. 

Theres been a lot of individual errors on the pitch that Monk can’t be held accountable for.

I hope he doesn’t resign and I hope DC sticks with him, let the dead wood leave this summer and give Monk a chance to build his own squad.

2 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

Well, IMHO organisationally we’ve been dire. Failure to pick up players at set pieces, uncoordinated positional set up, players bunching up like bananas, simple balls being overlooked in favour of stupid ones, poor communication etc etc. 

So you are blaming the players on the pitch then. 

Monk has no control over any of that other than saying pick up players, if you have two tell someone, don't bunch up, play it simple. If the idiots go on the pitch and do the opposite what can he do?

Do you think he said, so you think you know how to play football? Forget all that , this will win you games. 

No!

No one is even doing the basics. All players regardless of what position you play know how to close down, defend, tackle and pass. That is a minimum requirement of being a footballer surely.

Last night every time we had the ball they had two sometimes three players harrying them. We didn't do that at all or haven't for as long as I can remember. 

The penalty, Brown ran through the whole team before going down in the box. How?

It's lack of desire and full on cowardice on the pitch in my opinion. Players hiding instead of wanting it.

It was s laid out bare for me last night with Monk saying, look what I have to work with.

35 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

then what’s the point of having a manager at all?  If the players are in control of the way they play , positioning and tactical awareness why bother having a manager to pick the team, formation or tactics or drill them on set plays and positioning?

of its all down to the players why do we need Monk or anyone for that matter?

I think you misunderstand me. I meant regardless of tactics, system etc those are the minimum attributes required of a professional footballer. They should be second nature. 

1 hour ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

So you are blaming the players on the pitch then. 

Monk has no control over any of that other than saying pick up players, if you have two tell someone, don't bunch up, play it simple. If the idiots go on the pitch and do the opposite what can he do?

Do you think he said, so you think you know how to play football? Forget all that , this will win you games. 

No!

No one is even doing the basics. All players regardless of what position you play know how to close down, defend, tackle and pass. That is a minimum requirement of being a footballer surely.

Last night every time we had the ball they had two sometimes three players harrying them. We didn't do that at all or haven't for as long as I can remember. 

The penalty, Brown ran through the whole team before going down in the box. How?

It's lack of desire and full on cowardice on the pitch in my opinion. Players hiding instead of wanting it.

It was s laid out bare for me last night with Monk saying, look what I have to work with.

In short answer to you - no not solely. 

5 hours ago, vulva said:

The interview this week where Monk said we weren’t going up was his biggest mistake. It gave the players an excuse. They are on the beach, and no full well they won’t be here next season. Agents will have been in these players ears for months now, with the main conversation focusing on not getting injured. 

I said similar the other week that the players maybe do not want to go up as they won't cut it in the prem it doese'nt seem such a stupid  thing to post now when you look at performances the players are seemingly just going through the motions 

4 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

it’s hard to get points across on here as it gets lost in translation but what I was trying to say is that if players are playing in certain positions but tactics and game plan positions set out by the managers don’t suit their skill sets it can make them look worse than what they are in both effort and skill set. said it a few times now the players are getting g called out for not being bothered, I do t believe all of that starting eleven don’t give a throw, I think they are running around like headless chickens because they don’t understand what the plan is and or they can’t play that direct way.  

as I said in earlier posts, if anyone can name me a player in that squad barring the injured fletcher that our current style and game plan suits and helps then fair play because I can’t see anyone. And when players are getting dragged all over it makes them look worse in terms of performance and effort 

I understand where you are coming from, but who is dragging the players around. They've been given a job and a position plus all the basics I mentioned before.

With five across the middle we should have had the manpower to keep the ball when we had it ( which we did largely in the first half) 

But, they crowded us when we had the ball both in midfield and defence and either nicked it or made us make a mistake.

Luton as soon as they got it lumped it over the midfield and then they surged forward in support putting our back three under pressure.

Does it take a genius if you are on the pitch to figure out when the ball had gone past you and your marker has gone as well that maybe you may need to drop to assist. 

We were slow to drop back , slow to offer ourselves, slow to move the ball largely because there were no options and two Luton players bearing down on our players everyone.

That's why we got mugged with and without the ball last night.

As far as effort. Tracking back takes effort. Bullying the opposition off the ball takes effort. Driving forward with the ball takes effort, making yourself available without the ball takes effort.

Didn't see it myself.

Seems to me people are saying our footballers are too stupid to react to what is happening around them.

That I'm beginning to believe.

22 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

That looks and sounds like a manager who wants to be sacked to me. 

You can see he has given up, and some want to give him more time, he doesnt give a fizz

Not what I see. 

I see a man who's exasperated by a set of players, he knows are chucking him under the bus.

And what really is hard to take, is the same fans are falling for it again. 

This is a manager who cares...probably too much. He knows full well what the problems are here, and he knows what it needs to sort out. (Whether he'll be able to achieve those changes, is another argument completely.) But he's probably been too vocal, too open, too honest in some raw moments. 

And I'm utterly convinced some players are thinking, if we can get rid of Monk, before Monk gets rid of us, then we'll be able to keep cashing in on this gravy train. Let's be honest, they did the same with Luhukay last season, and some players, Westwood in particular, managed to con himself to another contract. This time around, there's many more players in that same situation, so the effect is far greater. 

I'm hope Monk turns it around...not because I think he's a fabulous manager, or that I've got 100% faith in him...I've just got more faith in Monk doing the right thing for the club than these bunch of utter wasters. 

How anybody can listen to that interview and surmise he doesn't give a fizz, I just don't know. He's forlorn. He's angry. He's bewildered. And he knows it's effecting his performance.

However, despite what I've said, Monk will know as well as I do, it's a results game, and the long term is always an afterthought. He needs a result Saturday, and he needs to find some trust in some of these players. There's still some good ones there...but they are diminishing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Not what I see. 

I see a man who's exasperated by a set of players, he knows are chucking him under the bus.

And what really is hard to take, is the same fans are falling for it again. 

This is a manager who cares...probably too much. He knows full well what the problems are here, and he knows what it needs to sort out. (Whether he'll be able to achieve those changes, is another argument completely.) But he's probably been too vocal, too open, too honest in some raw moments. 

And I'm utterly convinced some players are thinking, if we can get rid of Monk, before Monk gets rid of us, then we'll be able to keep cashing in on this gravy train. Let's be honest, they did the same with Luhukay last season, and some players, Westwood in particular, managed to con himself to another contract. This time around, there's many more players in that same situation, so the effect is far greater. 

I'm hope Monk turns it around...not because I think he's a fabulous manager, or that I've got 100% faith in him...I've just got more faith in Monk doing the right thing for the club than these bunch of utter wasters. 

How anybody can listen to that interview and surmise he doesn't give a fizz, I just don't know. He's forlorn. He's angry. He's bewildered. And he knows it's effecting his performance.

However, despite what I've said, Monk will know as well as I do, it's a results game, and the long term is always an afterthought. He needs a result Saturday, and he needs to find some trust in some of these players. There's still some good ones there...but they are diminishing.  

Best post on here all day to be honest , nail on head pal 

Same old mugs falling for Hutch and Westys antics, bit embarrassing really 

22 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Totally agree.

But I feel like alot of the fan reaction has been ‘Yeah they’re sh*t, but you weren’t supposed to say they were THAT sh*t! You’ve hurt their feelings now! So you’re going to have to leave.’

The backlash to the manager finally cutting through the BS at S6 has been pretty demoralising. People have been asking for honesty, then have cried when it isn’t what they wanted to hear. 

I agree, for better or for worse let's get to the  bottom of this sh hit show.

On 12/02/2020 at 22:46, 2roland2 said:

That looks and sounds like a manager who wants to be sacked to me. 

You can see he has given up, and some want to give him more time, he doesnt give a fizz

He's got to try harder to show he doesn't give a fizz...

Jos had to remain seated and appear uninterested for five games before he was sacked. 

Personally, I think Monk just looked embarrassed to be rolling out the same excuses again. 

On 12/02/2020 at 22:44, F. Spiksley said:

He’s set the defence up like an U11 team recently, what the chuff does he expect?

For them to perform like a Championship team with top 6 ambitions? I personally dont give a Monk-eys what formation we play as long as the eleven players go out and give it their all. We have seen far worse players, according to those still backing the players, that have turned out for the opposition, playing in different roles to normal and succeeding in beating us. Our defence has changed so often, not just this season, but over the last two or three seasons because our defenders are very weak and very poor quality. The one proper fulback we have right now is Fox and he was picked out as a villain and booed in games by some of our faithful, not so long ago. The one proper centre half we have is Tom Lees and he has been villified by sone sections this season. The one proper striker we have this season is Fletcher and he is an old player that arrived with a bad knee, but has been badly missed because nobody else can score regularly. We have a couple of very erratic wingers that look world beaters one minute and lazy wastes of space for the next six games, a couple of good players providing assists, but one of them is out injured and that's about it. Iorfa has been a hero for some and he tries hard enough, but is pathetic at tackling awful at positioning and has to rely on his pace to keep getting us and him out of trouble.

Have a look at our players average scores according to objectives achieved on Whoscored.com. We have only 3 players with scores good enough EVERY game to get an average score of 7/10 or over. Fletch, Lees and Bannan. That is a poor team relying too much on key individuals. 

• Like 1