Interview

The clamour to sack Monk is driven by fans desire just to ‘do something’. Although he isn’t covering himself in glory, he’s picked up an absolute shitshow here, which has been rehearsing for 3 years. 

When we were 3rd Monk wasn’t a great manager, and he isn’t an awful one this morning. 

9 hours ago, Burnsie said:

I'd say it's more like he's run out of ideas with these players rather than not giving two hoots

I’ll give him a tip. Stop telling Dawson to  boot the ball long to the opposites centre half or out for a throw in because they then just come and attack us. 
He can have that for free. Your welcome. 

1 minute ago, stanningtonowl said:

I’ll give him a tip. Stop telling Dawson to  boot the ball long to the opposites centre half or out for a throw in because they then just come and attack us. 
He can have that for free. Your welcome. 

Dawson kicking is dreadful and can't see it ever improving. 

31 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

we tried to pass the ball through players? Sorry buddy I was watching a different match, not saying the players were good, they were far from good, but i Dont know what to say if you thought we were trying to pass through midfield , yes we got out fought when the ball kept coming back because it never sticks ( same every game since fletcher is out) 

as for feeling for monk, it’s like feeling for the kid working at McDonald’s who spits in burgers neither give a flying fizz. 

At the start of the game that's what we tried to do, I didn't see much lumping forward to start with. We kept on the floor trying to force it through. Had more possession but did nothing with it. That game plan fell apart pretty quickly. 

I know what I watched. I watched a midfield 5 giving no support to backs.

For their goal, who was busting a gut to get back to cover for the mistake, no one. Bannan arrived as the ball hits the back of the net with his little skip and a jump.

People on here are seeing what they want to because they dislike Monk.

The workrate of the whole team is poor and has been for a while.

Then you have numtpys blaming Dawson for the goal.  I will pay little attention to views and opinions of people suggesting that was his fault. 

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

The clamour to sack Monk is driven by fans desire just to ‘do something’. Although he isn’t covering himself in glory, he’s picked up an absolute shitshow here, which has been rehearsing for 3 years. 

When we were 3rd Monk wasn’t a great manager, and he isn’t an awful one this morning. 

Spot on Vulva.

Monk is the latest one who is now understanding the poison within the club.

He probably needs to go for his own sanity.  Followed by everyone else in 16 games time, playing staff, back room & coaching staff.

Swallow the EFL punishment and clear the decks for a complete top down overhaul.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce got an indication of the situation and got out as soon as an opportunity arose...

10 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Sounds like a man lost of ideas waiting to be shown the door.

Can't even look the reports in the eye when responding.

From listening to that it sounds to me what he's saying is. I'm telling the players what to do on the pitch but some are not listening.

You need a manager who commands respect, through age and experience.

’Young’ managers have repeatedly failed at this club when trying to manage players who are more talented and have been more successful than them.

They are just like unruly children repeatedly taking the p1ss out of the teacher.

Most of them just need to grow up and understand the impact they are having beyond their own petulant cliquey bubble.

Just my view.

There's definitely a player power issue.

Look at Jos.  We all clamoured to get shut of him.  Banished Westwood and Hutchinson, introduced some kids to the first team, results started to plummet.  It's very familiar and there's a lot of control in the hands of the SAME GROUP OF PLAYERS.

Jos got the bullet and the fans fury.  It's looking like he was ahead of his time.  Clear out needed asap.

35 minutes ago, vulva said:

Well said. 

I'm not necessarily Monk's biggest fan, but the problems are far deeper than just getting rid of him. 

We have an owner who won't listen, won't learn and won't take any responsibility. 

We can blame players and managers but the root cause lies firmly at the top. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

He managed Leeds Ffs. He’s been failing for 8 weeks, whereas the players have been failing for most of their careers

But at least the Leeds players were trying, some this lot we have are just going through the motions and look like they don't care. Before Christmas we were lauding him for getting us up to third. What's happened in that dressing room to make them implode like this? The 2 cup wins and a win away at Leeds show they still have it in them.

And Monk is an easy target. He’s always the one giving the interviews, defending the situation. He’s captain, CEO and chairman etc rolled into one. 

Picking FF at left back might be his Irvine coaching badge moment, but at the minute it feels like he’s the captain of the ship hanging onto the end of the bar whilst everyone else is onshore ordering a dry martini, waving. 

• Thanks 2

Guest LittleG
10 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Put whoever you want in his position and you’d get that interview after 20 games. The squad is rotten to the core with no interest in advancing the club or themselves. It’s a team where 90% are on the biggest payday their mediocre careers will ever see. 

Klopp would look that despondent after the 6 months of crap Monk has dealt with. 

Some of your points are reasonable but surely Monk has to take some responsibility; limited tactics, style of play, strange substitutions.  I'm sure Klopp wouldn't play FF at wing back; what's next Nuhiu centre half!

The interview this week where Monk said we weren’t going up was his biggest mistake. It gave the players an excuse. They are on the beach, and no full well they won’t be here next season. Agents will have been in these players ears for months now, with the main conversation focusing on not getting injured. 

29 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

There's definitely a player power issue.

Look at Jos.  We all clamoured to get shut of him.  Banished Westwood and Hutchinson, introduced some kids to the first team, results started to plummet.  It's very familiar and there's a lot of control in the hands of the SAME GROUP OF PLAYERS.

Jos got the bullet and the fans fury.  It's looking like he was ahead of his time.  Clear out needed asap.

Same players not being played by two managers now. Republic of Ireland playing the iirc Millwall keeper who wasn't first choice for Millwall at the time in preference of the keeper who was looked at as being the best keeper in the Championship at the time.

7 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Some of your points are reasonable but surely Monk has to take some responsibility; limited tactics, style of play, strange substitutions.  I'm sure Klopp wouldn't play FF at wing back; what's next Nuhiu centre half!

Wouldn't be disappointed to see Nuhiu at centre half.  He can hold on to the ball and has a decent pass in him.

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

He’s captain, CEO and chairman etc rolled into one. 

That is what I find strange. Where is the captain being interviewed after the last couple of horrible performances? Or at least him making a statement of how they see this situation.

2 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

That is what I find strange. Where is the captain being interviewed after the last couple of horrible performances? Or at least him making a statement of how they see this situation.

Well he dunt seem to say much on the pitch during a game so why would he start off?

Never been a captain...far too reticent.

the bloke is stopper. a lump with zero technical ability or pace or the ability to organise, rally or motivate others.

When on form he is solid alongside An organiser but only as a wall.

If you give Tom Lees a decision to make, it will be a negative one.

If you give Tom Lees the ball he will pass back or hoof it forward....there is nothing in between.

It was embarrassing watching him in the Basham role last night.  Just completely beyond his skill set.