No Outgoings

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If we tie up both Wickham and Windass, I don't see either of them even getting on the bench. 

Wont be easy for Monk to manage all of them. I can't believe we haven't loaned Rhodes & Winnall out, even if only a partial saving. 3 new forwards, plus Nuhiu, Forestieri back from injury, Fletcher hopefully returns in March. Rhodes & Winnall makes 8 forwards. Ridiculous. 

21 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Maybe Rhodes & Winnall can comb the grass on't pitch before taking their place in the stands to watch our games. 

They'll be taking part tomorrow unfortunately no other options 

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

Me

I'd buy Rhodes for 49p put him straight on gardening leave..

well.. maybe gardening stay actually cus my garden is a right mess. 

As bad as it is, I do actually feel sorry for the bloke that it hasn't worked out. Really don't think it's a lack of effort in this case but hey.

Edited by Woodyowl450

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

So better to pay Rhodes £40,000 a week than send him to Wigan who will pay £500k for a 14 week loan.

DC could not run a bath let alone a football club.

Or pay half of his wages. Or anything that suggests we are serious about reducing the wages bill.

Another transfer window ends and still no evidence of football business acumen.

37 minutes ago, Woodyowl450 said:

As bad as it is, I do actually feel sorry for the bloke that it hasn't worked out. Really don't think it's a lack of effort in this case but hey.

If he was serious about being a footballer he would go and play somewhere else, probably on reduced wages.

But he’s still here. So I assume he’s happy to keep the money and  see his career evaporate.

Probably the worst business this club  has ever done.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

41 minutes ago, Woodyowl450 said:

I was being a little flippant - I was praying he would work for us, it’s a shame from everyone’s point of view. lol

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

If he was serious about being a footballer he would go and play somewhere else, probably on reduced wages.

But he’s still here. So I assume he’s happy to keep the money and  see his career evaporate.

Probably the worst business this club  has ever done.

As harsh and as sad as this reads it can't be far from the truth can it. Can't imagine we have had many players offer less of a return on the outlay expended, perhaps Abdi.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

The ones @room0035 and @WalthamOwl have the specific details of, despite no reports of anyone trying to push through a move for any of our players today.....

Papers report Wigan made us an offer for Rhodes which we turned down earlier in the week.

I have no spoken with the club or Wigan to confirm the story but you would expect some truth to it, the same way the same papers reported our interest in Wickham and Windass.

Presumably because they happened they are true.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

you mean like the interest in Rhodes that was reported in the media, mainly by Nixon, people that probably know a little bit more than you. 

Today, when teams are trying to push through any real interest like we finally have? All been pretty quiet on that front.