No Outgoings

Some might think that our owner’s simply showing the fan base who’s boss by refusing to change his stance but then you remember that this stance is costing him massive amounts of his own money and then it all becomes a bit surreal and even more confusing. Money certainly isn’t a top priority to him, if he spent it wisely we’d be flying.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So better to pay Rhodes £40,000 a week than send him to Wigan who will pay £500k for a 14 week loan.

DC could not run a bath let alone a football club.

If indeed it is true Wigan wanted him surely anything they where willing to pay towards his wages is better than nothing. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, Burnsie said:

Just a thought... Can we "send" players anywhere? Irrespective of money or playing, players might not want to leave Sheffield (etc) and move around the country

Wish we could, I'd have had a couple of em working in Wetherspoons tonight.

I'd guess that once the Robinson deal fell through, that ended any chance of Rhodes to Wigan. Their initial offer was reported to be for a fraction of his wage, the £500k figure came out around the time of the offer for Robinson. 

Aside from that, if nobody wants our surplus players, we're stuck with them. 

As it stands, we've hopefully 3 attacking players in for the first team, 2 under 23 lads and appear comfortable with this re FFP.  I presume balanced against  theJoao sale, Bruce compensation, cup run and to a lesser extent sales of Thornily and Baker. 

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So better to pay Rhodes £40,000 a week than send him to Wigan who will pay £500k for a 14 week loan.

DC could not run a bath let alone a football club.

is that what they offered ?......crazy if true ….that would cover nearly all his wages for the period .wigan must be  minted if they can pay 35k a week on the gates they get 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If indeed it is true Wigan wanted him surely anything they where willing to pay towards his wages is better than nothing. 

I've no idea what Wigan were willing to pay, if they wanted him at all. From the looks of things they are trying to cover up the fact that they had a hand a young kid not getting a dream move to Milan today but yeah, best to have a dig at our club instead.