No Outgoings

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Papers report Wigan made us an offer for Rhodes which we turned down earlier in the week.

I have no spoken with the club or Wigan to confirm the story but you would expect some truth to it, the same way the same papers reported our interest in Wickham and Windass.

Presumably because they happened they are true.

It was also reported today that Wigan were selling a young player to AC Milan for £10M. He made the trip for the medical and the goal posts were moved scuppering the deal. Ever stopped to think that Wigan might have offered next to nothing which we were right to turn down if that was the case at a time when we hadn't secured anyone else. It doesn't look like they came knocking with any intent today does it?

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It was also reported today that Wigan were selling a young player to AC Milan for £10M. He made the trip for the medical and the goal posts were moved scuppering the deal. Ever stopped to think that Wigan might have offered next to nothing which we were right to turn down if that was the case at a time when we hadn't secured anyone else. It doesn't look like they came knocking with any intent today does it?

But you above basically said I made it up now you are saying they didn't offer enough which one is it??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As harsh and as sad as this reads it can't be far from the truth can it. Can't imagine we have had many players offer less of a return on the outlay expended, perhaps Abdi.

Agreed, and both of those players arrived in Chansiri’s reign. Coincidence ? I don’t think Boyd offered a lot whilst here. I didn’t mind Dave Jones as a player but most on here didn’t rate him (I’ll bow to those who saw him perform week in week out), and he was reported as being on 10k a week. Chansiri must have had his business lessons in the NHS finance dept.

The name Bothroyd springs to mind, but I’m sure that was a loan, so at least it didn’t last long. 

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But you above basically said I made it up now you are saying they didn't offer enough which one is it??

You are basing it on something Nixon said might happen days ago. I bet Nixon was reporting that Wigan were selling a player to Milan today, never happened and are fair few are pointing the finger at Wigan.

You were being critical of the club for not accepting a £500K loan offer when the reality is you cannot know if that was on the table and if Wigan would ever see it through so I suppose to answer your question it is a bit of both.

You carry on being critical through, it is seemingly quite hard to offload players who have become very comfy offering very little for what they earn.. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Agreed, and both of those players arrived in Chansiri’s reign. Coincidence ? I don’t think Boyd offered a lot whilst here. I didn’t mind Dave Jones as a player but most on here didn’t rate him (I’ll bow to those who saw him perform week in week out), and he was reported as being on 10k a week. Chansiri must have had his business lessons in the NHS finance dept.

The name Bothroyd springs to mind, but I’m sure that was a loan, so at least it didn’t last long. 

Jones was OK for a while but was expensive for his age and wasn't what the team needed. Boyd was largely poor but at least there was no transfer outlay. Bothroyd was a fraud most of the time he wore a Wednesday shirt but as you say at least it was only a short-term deal.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You are basing it on something Nixon said might happen days ago. I bet Nixon was reporting that Wigan were selling a player to Milan today, never happened and are fair few are pointing the finger at Wigan.

You were being critical of the club for not accepting a £500K loan offer when the reality is you cannot know if that was on the table and if Wigan would ever see it through so I suppose to answer your question it is a bit of both.

You carry on being critical through, it is seemingly quite hard to offload players who have become very comfy offering very little for what they earn.. 

Look we both want the best for our team, we have a problem at the club with too many over paid under performing players.

Rhodes is still here, as is winnall, Westwood and a few others. Hopefully we find a way to make sure come the start of next season they are not here.

if we have to let them go on reduced wages or frwe transfer then we have to be prepared to do it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look we both want the best for our team, we have a problem at the club with too many over paid under performing players.

Rhodes is still here, as is winnall, Westwood and a few others. Hopefully we find a way to make sure come the start of next season they are not here.

if we have to let them go on reduced wages or frwe transfer then we have to be prepared to do it.

Agreed but there is no evidence of a firm offer to take any of them on reduced wages when push came to shove today and in all honesty I could see them turning it down on a short term deal anyway. Lots of factors to consider for players when deciding whether to make a 6-month move. Sadly we are stuck with too much dead wood.

Edited by Guest

29 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The goalposts were moved by Milan, not Wigan.

Had he have gone they might have come in with the right offer (£1m) but as it didn't, they didn't and he's still ours.

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Looking like Winnall and Forestieri will both leave for nothing in the summer. Fletcher, Hutch, Lee, Nuhiu and Pelupessy could all go for nothing aswell.

Westwood and Rhodes have another year on their contract so likely we’ll still be paying those two until 2021. We can’t shift Rhodes

24 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Another transfer window where clubs are falling all over themselves to sign the likes

of the great Barry Bannan 

This squad is full of mediocre players who are over valued and over hyped by many Wednesday fans.   

We dont even want to shift players surplus to requirements. We would probably want a 100m for Bannan.

6 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Looking like Winnall and Forestieri will both leave for nothing in the summer. Fletcher, Hutch, Lee, Nuhiu and Pelupessy could all go for nothing aswell.

Westwood and Rhodes have another year on their contract so likely we’ll still be paying those two until 2021. We can’t shift Rhodes

He has no form needs to play regular to regain any chance of us getting rid, but instead will sit in the stands until July only hope now is Norwich get relegated and come sniffing in the summer.

their deal in the summer of taking him on a free and paying his wages seems like a steal now, could have saved us £2m a season in wages.

Edited by room0035

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The goalposts were moved by Milan, not Wigan.

Had he have gone they might have come in with the right offer (£1m) but as it didn't, they didn't and he's still ours.

Depends who you believe on the move collapsing, some reports in Italy suggesting the Wigan statement is far from the whole story.

You might be right in terms of Rhodes moving if a deal for Robinson had gone through but they have signed 3 others today, maybe they were just testing the water with us and weren't likely to see it through. Rhodes could well have said no anyway. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He has no form needs to play regular to regain any chance of us getting rid, but instead will sit in the stands until July only hope now is Norwich get relegated and come sniffing in the summer.

their deal of taking him on a free and paying his wages seems like a steel now, could have saved us £2m a season in wages.

True, but had this deal gone through and Rhodes somehow bagged a few PL goals while we were still paying for his transfer fee from Boro and struggling for goals ourselves a fair few on here would have been in uproar about that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Depends who you believe on the move collapsing, some reports in Italy suggesting the Wigan statement is far from the whole story.

You might be right in terms of Rhodes moving if a deal for Robinson had gone through but they have signed 3 others today, maybe they were just testing the water with us and weren't likely to see it through. Rhodes could well have said no anyway. 

Sky news seen to suggest it was something to do with the medical but not very clear on the round up.

2 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Wish we could, I'd have had a couple of em working in Wetherspoons tonight.

That would be great.

Every time I go in the Rawson there's about 20 waiting to be served and only 2 working behind the bar.:wacko: