Monk needs to go - Players

Guest Kameron
4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Monk went up in my estimations last night. Some brutal honesty that the club, players and fans needed to hear. This sort of performance has been happening since 17/18 and there has been 4 managers since then and pretty much the same set of players.

Not sure chucking the entire squad under the bus is the right way to go.  He’s 100% correct in what he’s said but it’s no way to to get players playing for you.  This is where he needs the backing of Chansiri, get a few of the t wats out, pay up contracts if needed, if he doesn’t get that backing he’s done.  

40 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The majority have stopped playing . Jeez . When will the penny drop ? They are crap players . It’s that simple . Deluded people have been defending the bunch of wasters for years , it’s their fault 

Its deluded to think we simply get a new set of players

41 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

From previous musings.. I understand Monk has tried positivity.. patience and treating them generally as grown up colleagues.. he's obviously come to the end of his rope with them?

This is like 12 angry men!

Well he needs to find a way to persuade them. He can't sell em. Can't sack em. Can't simply buy a new set.

His jobs to get them to play to their potential.

What Exactly is Monk bringing to the party.

Except deflection.....

Just now, Nero said:

This is like 12 angry men!

Well he needs to find a way to persuade them. He can't sell em. Can't sack em. Can't simply buy a new set.

His jobs to get them to play to their potential.

What Exactly is Monk bringing to the party.

Except deflection.....

He's defended them for over half a long season..if he had started spouting platitudes last night he'd have been a laughing stock and the support would have lost all respect for him..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Not sure chucking the entire squad under the bus is the right way to go.  He’s 100% correct in what he’s said but it’s no way to to get players playing for you.  This is where he needs the backing of Chansiri, get a few of the t wats out, pay up contracts if needed, if he doesn’t get that backing he’s done.  

I just respect the brutal honesty. Give me that everyday over sugar coating everything. We will see if it’s the right thing to do, protected the players over a month now, can’t say the same thing forever. Players need to stand up and be counted now. 

I think Monk is an excellent manager, to be fair we have a first team out there that cost nothing. Who did we pay a fee for who started last night ? Fox , Iorfa, Winnall. Maybe a million quid for those 3 put together. Rest are borrowed, youth teamers and freebies.  The big money was burned on players not starting like FF, Rhodes, Van Aken.  
in those circumstances, with a team of freebies, kids and loans, missing our best striker, he is overachieving. 
I maintain the focus on our forwards is a red herring. Our real issue remains our defence and defending.

• Like 1

Monk is not the problem this squad of spineless gutless overpaid prima donnas is to blame.  We need a long term manager to overhaul and re-shape the squad over 3 or 4 windows and in my view Monk has shown enough to be that man. Tommy Spur summed it up last night on the radio when he said that Wigan wanted it more. Look at the players not the manager!

10 minutes ago, marconi said:

Monk has picked the useless Pelupessey having seeing him make zero tackles in midfield match after match. So is partly to blame.

To be honest he didn't have much choice last night.

None of the others were fit to start. 

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

If Monk goes before any of these spineless charlatans, I’m done. He’s far from perfect and perhaps warrants criticism, but he hasn’t signed anybody yet. This lot have chucked Carlos under the bus when they decided to stop playing for him, they chucked Luhukay under the bus when they decided to stop playing for him. Bullen... see a pattern?

This and only this. I hope GM now has the balls to drop the spineless bunch.

53 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

4 or 5 managers. Same set of players. Same old same old. 

I fully blame the players, not GM. 

Wholeheartedly agree ..

Until we see a major refresh within the squad and at board level we are stuck in the same tedious, mediocre, spineless and embarrassing circle

2 major components that have been present for a number of years now - the players, and the chairman ...

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be honest he didn't have much choice last night.

None of the others were fit to start. 

Would have sooner see the inexperienced Hunt play than the bloke who can’t even catch shadows.

33 minutes ago, debram said:

Whatever the answer we're in trouble, now that monk has publicly slated the players what chance has he of getting any sustained effort from them, his formations, tactics and substitutions have not always been the best, maybe that's the problem, there is certainly no consistency either way, I can't see a quick fix, too much bad blood now and too many players knowing they are going, sadly we are now fighting for survival not promotion. Uto. 

Seems bizarre from Monk to slate the players this way and something of an admission of failure that he cant motivate them. Perhaps showing why he usually only lasts a few months at clubs.

We all know we need a big refresh of players but monk is hardly covering himself in glory at the moment.

5 minutes ago, marconi said:

Would have sooner see the inexperienced Hunt play than the bloke who can’t even catch shadows.

If he'd stuck a 7 stone wet-thru teenager in against experienced goons like Morsy then Monk would be getting hammered for exposing him in the wrong environment.

No win situation for him last night in that sense.

23 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Do we know the length of Monks contract? 

He probably doesn't care who he upsets... because even if it got him the sack, he wouldn’t want any of these guys for his next club. 

Like someone has said he’s tried protecting these players already.

He's probably in last chance saloon with us. If he isn't successful here it's hard to see him getting another job at this level

20 minutes ago, Kameron said:

I don't think he chucked them ALL under the bus so to speak. A lot of them yes, and rightly so, but he did say he's identified the ones who he wants on the journey. Problem is, you can't second guess Chansiri, and many more performances like that then he'll be the one down the line.

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

He's probably in last chance saloon with us. If he isn't successful here it's hard to see him getting another job at this level

Anyone involved professionally in football won't hold this spell against him.. even we know what he's contending with..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1