Monk needs to go - Players

Listening to Monk's interview, he sounded thoroughly dejected and subdued. Not inspirational in the least. However, players on the sort of wages that Wednesday are on should, as he implied, be playing with 100% effort every game as the most basic of requirements. If they can't do that they shouldn't be here.

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Listening to Monk's interview, he sounded thoroughly dejected and subdued. Not inspirational in the least. However, players on the sort of wages that Wednesday are on should, as he implied, be playing with 100% effort every game as the most basic of requirements. If they can't do that they shouldn't be here.

Yes they should, I think we’d all agree, but what players in that team was he aiming those comments at, Dawson, surely not? The five players that Bruce recently signed? You might question the quality of the likes of Fox, Pelupessy, Winnall and Nuhiu, but they hardly just go through the motions. So, was he aiming his remarks at Bannan? 
If so, the rant was totally disproportionate, and served only to deflect any criticism from his own tactical shortcomings. If he really believes that Bannan is responsible for that, and other defeats, then sell him in this window. I’m sure there would be plenty of takers 

4 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

This lot have needed calling out for a long time

My concern is how we have gone from an ultra hard side to beat to a side last night that was CLEARLY operating at 50% - no press, no passion, no fight. 

We wasn’t like this a month ago - what’s happened? What’s changed? 

Have they had a bust up with him? War within camp? 

It only takes one bad apple ... to start the rot 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

Guest Bulgaria
22 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

It only takes one bad apple ... to start the rot 

I know which apple my cash would bet on.

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

This is the most serious concern for me.. there's been lots of gossip but nothing much factual.

The fact that the manager has lost his rag tells me he's cornered by something outside of his control.

Agreed. It is concerning isn't it. We sometimes hear gossip and whispers but as you say, it's hard facts that are lacking. I find it very odd that Monk hasn't been able to bring in his own backroom staff by now and it must be a real frustration for him. I personally think it's time Bullen went as well. A complete rebuild required from the boardroom, to the coaching and playing staff.

4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm not one for the hysteria and rumours of football generally, but there are some troubling (if inconclusive) signs. And you're right, Monk's comments are likely the result of his frustrations spilling over about something. The recent inclusions of Urhoghide, Hunt and Borukov in the squad is also interesting.

I agree with you here. Your latter comment on the 3 young lads has similarities to the Jos situation where we all thought he was utterly barking. It's looking in hindsight as though he was onto something. 

3 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The problem is the players. Get rid of this pathetic midfield trio of Bannan, Lee and Hutchinson. They were not been good enough in 2015-2016 and certainly not good enough now.

Keep the cracking centre forwards we have though

We'd be mad to get rid of them 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Yes they should, I think we’d all agree, but what players in that team was he aiming those comments at, Dawson, surely not? The five players that Bruce recently signed? You might question the quality of the likes of Fox, Pelupessy, Winnall and Nuhiu, but they hardly just go through the motions. So, was he aiming his remarks at Bannan? 
If so, the rant was totally disproportionate, and served only to deflect any criticism from his own tactical shortcomings. If he really believes that Bannan is responsible for that, and other defeats, then sell him in this window. I’m sure there would be plenty of takers 

I was thinking the same - the players will know who he's lost patience with. Monk has seen them in training and match-day.

Medium/long term, BB has another season. We either pencil him in now for the 20/21 team and build the Summer signings around him, unlike CC did in 2016, or sell him. It is really that simple.

6 hours ago, Nero said:

Clear from last night that the majority have stopped playing for him. 

Although there are some major mitigating circumstances, Monk just can't keep throwing the players under the bus in front of him to take the blame.

Its terrible management and what happens is that even this set of leaderless mild mannered chuffs start sulking. He talks about the players as if he can get rid of them - he cant - that's playing to the crowd -  he should be playing the hand he chose to pick up.

While acknowledging the rotten choices he has up front, Monks created a bigger crisis to cover up his inability to motivate, poor tactics, shocking substitutions etc.

The way he is doing this never works.

Can I smell bacon?????

They're all out of contact in the summer and almost certainly not getting new ones, is it any wonder they've given up. The rest of this season is going to be disastrous I'm afraid. Looking at the recent benches and the emergence of Urhoghide, it looks as if Monk is going to gradually introduce some younger players.

6 hours ago, Nero said:

Clear from last night that the majority have stopped playing for him. 

Although there are some major mitigating circumstances, Monk just can't keep throwing the players under the bus in front of him to take the blame.

Its terrible management and what happens is that even this set of leaderless mild mannered chuffs start sulking. He talks about the players as if he can get rid of them - he cant - that's playing to the crowd -  he should be playing the hand he chose to pick up.

While acknowledging the rotten choices he has up front, Monks created a bigger crisis to cover up his inability to motivate, poor tactics, shocking substitutions etc.

The way he is doing this never works.

Oh dear 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

very rare I agree with you guru as you are aware but this is exactly my point. 
i keep saying it in the other thread, I understand our fans are pissed off and still irate about the display against Blackburn and Wigan but who is he aiming his rant at? It just doesn’t make any sense to me at all and I 100% agree it was to deflect blame from his shortcomings. And I think he knows it’s  just exactly what our fans want to hear from a manager. For all of the shortcomings jos had he stuck to his guns, if monk thinks what he saying then have the balls to do something about it rather than carrying on regardless........ with the same team and or tactics. 

Yes these next couple of days will be interesting Not optimistic, Monk has a history of this sort of thin, blaming everyone apart from himself

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

very rare I agree with you guru as you are aware but this is exactly my point. 
i keep saying it in the other thread, I understand our fans are pissed off and still irate about the display against Blackburn and Wigan but who is he aiming his rant at? It just doesn’t make any sense to me at all and I 100% agree it was to deflect blame from his shortcomings. And I think he knows it’s  just exactly what our fans want to hear from a manager. For all of the shortcomings jos had he stuck to his guns, if monk thinks what he saying then have the balls to do something about it rather than carrying on regardless........ with the same team and or tactics. 

his squad limits his tactics, he can't play open arsed attacking football.the last time we tried it we were hurtling towards the third., jos, bruce and monk knew the ship needed tightening up.

6 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

This lot have needed calling out for a long time

My concern is how we have gone from an ultra hard side to beat to a side last night that was CLEARLY operating at 50% - no press, no passion, no fight. 

We wasn’t like this a month ago - what’s happened? What’s changed? 

Have they had a bust up with him? War within camp? 

Fletcher got injured and the belief went at the same time - simple really but they should have more about them

16 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

We could have Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Rashford, Vardy, Salah, Mane,etc up front and they would struggle to take their coat off in la Chambre with the joke that is our midfield.

Its a 2 way thing.

No way am i saying that our midfield are world beaters but the state of our forward line is a disgrace 

We rely on a 33 year old with bad knees and he is still miles ahead of the other 3.

Playing staff might need freshening up but let's start with a proper manager please not some responsibility Dodger! 

Monk Failure end  

Unfortunately we have bought season tickets and or match tickets expecting entertainment and a manager who gets the best out of our players. Not getting that and he hides behind the players. Does he send them out with no clue and they have to decide everything themselves do they decide the line up and substitutions, tactics NO so get rid of him now. Season ticket depends on this now. No money to throw away on more of this after Jos waste before. Not Chansiri out but need better proven winner like Bruce (one with honour though please)